KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
E1Kay

Discord Name & Tag:
LK GamingYT#1436

Previous bans:
[ Major Avoid RP; October 1st 2020 ]
- (Appealed) I was banned for camping in a safe zone. I don’t really remember the situation in full, I think I was innocent but looking back, I think I might have been guilty but only was a 3d ban, and so long ago man.

[ Advertisement / Bypassing; December 4th 2020 ]
- (Appealed) I don’t even know if this shows in my records to be honest. I advertised my friend's discord server on my own discord server. Someone reported it, most of the people on the server were Roleplay Hub players. I was fully at fault, however the ban was lifted completely randomly. I to this day do not know why the admin at the time, Oph chose to lift the ban. The Bypassing part of the ban was merely a misunderstanding, I chose the wrong account before I knew of the ban.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I am a very active member of the community, always doing something inside of the community. Whether it’s on the server, talking about council or sports on discord, or spending time looking at the forums. Either way, my day revolves around this community, at times my times I am online changes, occasionally I am on in the evening, sometimes morning. For the most part, I am online between 2 to 8 hours on average, sometimes I probably spend 12 ish hours. Usually, though either way, I am still doing stuff inside the community.

Which timezone are you in?
EDT (GMT -5)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
ACCEPTED:
Professor Applicationx2 - Accepted
College Council Application - Accepted

DENIED:
Event Team Application - Denied
Police Applicationx2 - Denied
HS Council Application - Denied

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying for the KPD to put simply is fun. KPD has always seemed fun, playing as a law enforcer, and being a hero of Karakura. Sounds like a fun topic right? That’s exactly the mindset I had for the longest time. I can experience working alongside a close team, something I desire, but there is much more to it. You can be a part of something bigger, something amazing, while at the same time, you are just like the detective and police show you watch and fantasize about.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
As an outsider who has never personally been in the Karakura Police Department, I can safely say my knowledge of the Police Department is very decent, but I never experienced the role. So everything I know I observed over the years, learning from friends, and experiences I had while being on the flipside of the Police Force. So if any of my information is actually incorrect, I’m sorry please let me know. Trying to learn as much as I can about this server. To my understanding, just about everything I need to know, I will learn in training, so I am sure I will be fine regardless.

Rankings:
Though I do not know what all the rankings mean, I do know every rank from top to bottom. As far as I am aware, what each rank does is not public information, so I will do the best I can to explain what I know about the following ranks.

- Police Cadet: The police rank known as Cadet is the rookie class of the police force. Often the rookies got to earn their stripes, well no different here in the Karakura Police Department. The Cadets have to be supervised often when outside of the Police Station, and they cannot go off duty until they reach Patrol Officer. To reach Patrol Officer, the cadet must successfully pass the training course and the test to Patrol Officer.

- Patrol Officer: As the young Cadets successfully pass their test, they are then rewarded with the Police ranking known as Patrol Officer. Patrol Officers I like to call, the first rank you are officially a part of the Police Force! You are allowed to go off duty, and leave the station unsupervised.

- Police Lieutenant: The Lieutenant rank is the highest rank of the main Police division. Their responsibility is unknown to me, however they are 1 rank away from Police Detective Constable.

- Police Detective Constable: Like I mentioned above, this is the first Detective rank, welcome to the detective division! You now have received your Detective role in-game, however as far as I am aware, you don’t yet get your Glock-17. Not until you reach the next rank known as Police Detective Inspector.

- Police Detective Inspector: The rank known as the Police Detective Inspector is a very special rank. From my knowledge, this is when you receive your Glock-17, as far as the responsibilities are unknown to myself, however I know you are taking a leadership role obtaining this position.

- Police Detective Superintendent: The police ranking we call Police Detective Superintendent, is a rank of leadership. You take charge when neither the Police Captain or the Commissioner are around. You are the last ranking of the detective division.

Police Captain: “Aye Aye Captain” This is the Police Captain, you are essentially the co-leader of the KPD. No longer a part of the Detective Division, you are the boss. You are likely hosting Cadet training, or aiding in a big way, you take lead when the Commissioner is gone, you are in charge of all of the Detective Division and the Main Division.

Commissioner: The Commissioner is the highest ranking officer of the Karakura Police Department. Not a part of the Main Division or the Detective Division, you get your own role being Commissioner role. You are in charge of everything regarding the Police Force, if you are present, you are leading. You organize everything, you pay them accordingly, and you decide on promotions.

Police Equipment:
Officers at different rankings get access to different equipment. I do not know the majority of when each item is earned, however I do know what the weapons are and what they do. Though there is a forum posted by Yonio regarding them, so this is very much public knowledge.

Handcuffs: An item used to make an arrest on the suspect. Locking them on the wrists of the individual, hands locked behind the back as the officer would make an arrest (Using a command). The Police always carry 2 pairs of handcuffs in case they need to make multiple arrests.

Taser: The Taser is a cool item the Police get access to. I am pretty sure all officers have one of their own, however they work like an actual plugin. When you get tazed by this weapon, you pretty much force yourself into being stunned for about 2 minutes. Often a Police Officer would fire this weapon in the air causing everyone in the room to fear, no one wants to get tazed.

Glock-17: A Detective only fire-arm, however now they usually shoot rubber bullets to avoid casualties, from my knowledge. This item has a crazy range of about 30 blocks.

Police Badge: This is your Police Badge, it can be used for Identification purposes. It will have your badge number on it, such as K901 (Police Detective Superintendent NapRP).

Police Radio: Your radio for communicating with other Officers. Primarily for reporting situations, to the station in case backup is needed.

Body Camera: Placed on the chest of the officer is a small camera always recording audio and visual of the officers point of view. The footage from this item is automatically stored into their database.

Luminol Spray: This spray is used to detect blood on all kinds of items. Usually used to check weaponry of any kind, trying to find dents or blood.

Fingerprint Scanner: A scanner used to uncover different fingerprints.

Pepper Spray: The famous Pepper Spray, like real life is used to blind and irritate the phose eyes. Just as such the Karakura Police Department uses it for that same reason.

Breathalyzer: An item used to uncover a person's alcohol level in their body. If you are drunk, this will both catch it, and tell them how much.

Riot Gear: This gear is used for very dangerous situations.

Police Cruiser: Common sense, a cruiser that allows you to travel at quicker speeds.

Police Bike: A bike used for detectives to get from point A to point B quicker.

Crowbar: A large metal curved item used for prying open blocked entrances. The purpose it serves is far greater than most items they use, the ability to get into rooms to save people, and get to the criminal is exceptionally useful.

Baton: A bat-like stick used as a similar yet more convenient version of a baseball bat. The item is commonly known as a NightStick.

Baton Holder: An item used to obviously hold your Baton.

Flashlight: The flashlight is used for seeing in the dark. Officers use this item primarily for visibility in dark places such as the sewers.

First Aid Kit: This is for patching up the wounded whenever no medical staff are present.

Disposable Latex Gloves: A pair of gloves used to hide your fingerprints.

Handcuff Key: The key used to unlock your handcuffs. Extremely useful, so you can uncuff people.

Key Holder: A pouch that contains your keys in, to prevent them from making key noises.

Laws, Regulations, and the Constitution:
Much like real life, it is very important for the Police Force to not only know the law but also to understand it. I made sure to take time into reading the Zinithintys posts about laws and regulations + the Constitution before applying. Knowing the law is everything for an officer, you have to know when the law is violated and when it isn’t. Everyone has rights, you have to make sure we do NOT violate their constitutional rights.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
protecting the city from crime. They are very important because, without such enforcement around, people have open fields in GangRPing. If people can commit a crime without being caught, then it can get out of hand really quickly. I want to add to that though. It's obvious that they are important to protect the people from Gang Roleplay, however, let’s think about what effects it has on GangRP itself. The police force is always stopping GangRP, that's the goal, but let’s also think about it this way, it would be boring to GangRP if worrying about cops showing up is NOT a thing. It gives this certain adrenaline, with the addition that GangRP happens to be in a lot of Police v Gang situations. So to conclude my answer, the police department is useful for protecting people from crime, keeping GangRP under control, and finally making Gang Roleplay more exciting, and less dry.
Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, of course.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, completely aware of the dedication it takes to be a part of the Karakura Police Department. With my current roles, I have, non take a lot of time out of my day, so I fully expect to be dedicated to this team and my position here in the Police Force.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes I acknowledge that training should never be optional, it's mandatory and I agree with that. If someone is online and NOT attending something they are supposed to, I would find it very disrespectful and lack of interest. I refuse to allow myself to be one of the guys who don’t show yet are online skipping.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:
Katsu Ohashi

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

High School Graduate / Majored in Criminal Justice / Minor in Accounting and Finance / Masters degree.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Russian & Spanish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Katsu Ohashi is a relatively average Japanese character with messy Brown hair. A pretty smile, a gentle attitude with a strong athletic physique, standing at 177.9cm (5’10). His Ocean Blue eyes would glimmer into the sun. His smile is exceptionally pretty as you are looking into it, you would really feel a gentle and kind aurora around him. His pretty white teeth and his soft smile formed from his lips.

Katsu Ohashi is a unique individual, looking at him you may notice how exceptionally rare a person like him is, Brown hair, Blue eyes, and 177.9cm all too common. Less so here in Japan, but still relatively common, however, what makes Katsu so unique is his personality and traits. He is very ambitious, determined, and kind. You may notice how much differently he treats people, compared to his peers around him. Always trying to help someone when he gets the chance. Hints to why he is trying to be a part of the Karakura Police Department.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
Inside of any situation regardless of whether it is a professional or casual situation, Katsu knows how this works. He will act maturely, as he would stand straight up, usually appearing next to his supervisor as he’d stand around waiting to be needed. Quietly standing next to him he would watch the situation carefully, waiting for a situation to confront them where he needed to spring into action. Until that moment comes, he’s still, standing straight with a respectful pasture as he addresses his higher-ups with respect.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
In High School, he attended Oshima High School, while at Oshima he joined the Oshima Volleyball Team. While at school Katsu would play the setter position, while playing Volleyball, he learned to play alongside people as a team. Katsu has been playing alongside teammates, working together for a long time now, and as a setter, it’s that much more important. You can safely say, he respects and honors his teammates with his life, they are his brothers and sisters. Values them, and their opinions more so than himself. He would lay his life for them.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
I can see myself as both, I follow when I know it’s right, but I am more of a leader than a follower. It takes confidence in what you are doing to become a leader, however in terms of the Police Force, I will be a Cadet, which means it is my job to be a follower, to soak in everything I know, and listen to everything my advisor says, trust him with my life. Overall I am more of a leader though, since high school I started playing Volleyball. Quickly became good, and became the official setter. As a setter, I had to often pay attention to my teammates, and help them get in the right positions while adjusting my sets so they can hit the ball. A valuable lesson can be learned from that, the ability to control the offense, helped me learn to become a leader. Became the captain of the team in my last year of High School, and I led us to a successful season, always keeping everyone's spirits high.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Katsu Ohashi is a young 25-year-old male born on the Oshima Islands outside Tokyo. At a very young age, he was a very active person, always wanting to climb and be outside. Coming to School he would struggle for the first couple of years, he was always wanting to be moving. His parents just knew he was smarter than how he was performing in school because at a young age he started learning Spanish. His mother is Hispanic, while his Father is Japanese, other than his hair color, however, he would be almost a spitting image of his Father. With that being said, his father was an athlete and retired when he was born. His father was the setter for the Japanese National Volleyball Team. So of course at a young age, he was introduced to the sport of Volleyball. He started in Elementary School playing Volleyball. Learning from his dad, he would quickly get good at the sport, however, he was always a spiker. Once he was about the Grade-6 age, he would get introduced to a detective show he would become obsessed with. Thus his love for the law began. He would not admit that for a long time though, as he knew his father wanted him to take after him and become a Volleyball player. Learning different things throughout his life about the law and other countries, in high school, his obsession would go further than ever before, probably from maturity. He would begin researching the law, and that as a career path. He wanted to become a detective someday, solve crimes and save people. This became quite apparent as he was walking through the halls to come across a bullying situation. A fellow Grade-9 dude was being picked up by a Grade-12 Jockey, he was teasing him, assaulting him, and taking money from him, so Katsu stepped in the way breaking up the fight. He approached the situation placing his hand firmly on his shoulder turning him before using his right hand to swiftly propel his fists forwards, knuckles colliding with the Jockey's jaw forcing him off of him, holding his jaw. The big Jockey though was not intimidated, as he’d quite quickly shake off the pain as he swiftly jabbed his fist forward, flying like a bullet toward him, would make collision with his nose, breaking his nose, and knocking him out right there, 1 hit. Safe to say Katsu had to visit the hospital afterward, got his nose patched up, and after a few days, he was good to go. I guess you can say he didn’t pick another fight with the Jock again, however it didn’t change his mind in the slightest. On the radar of his parents, he would stay out of fights and focus on his studies and his Volleyball career. Whenever he reached Grade-12, he was named the captain of the Volleyball Team. As captain, he would notice a lot of very interesting points to make as a captain, for starters they had a practice match between a Tokyo Team where they swiftly got beat. Though he played well, the spikers struggled to score, and the Libero struggled especially receiving the kill spikes. It would morally tear his team apart, as captain he approached the situation, motivating them to use this game as motivation to get better. Inspiring them all, they would continue working, but no one like him was as nearly as ambitious. He was working out every day, staying up late every night watching detective shows. After finishing his High School career he would join the Karakura College as he moved on from Volleyball and began his college career. Coming into college he would know what he was going to major in, obviously, it was going to be Criminal Justice, the dilemma was his minor. He took the first year working on schooling and Criminal Justice before taking on a minor. He chose to Minor in Accounting and Finance, he found it an interesting topic to learn, which may be beneficial later in his life. After he finished his bachelor's degree he would finish off his college career with his Master's degree. After College Katsu would take a year off school, really focusing on himself, and a job. Meanwhile, he was keeping himself in shape, after that year he spent another in training to be eligible to join the Police Force. After a year-long training, he would still be living in Karakura, while submitting an application to the Karakura Police Department in an attempt to get his first job as a Police Officer.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
No, no you cannot.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Paracetamol, Lactulose, Birth Control, Cough Syrup, Cane.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
Seeing a fellow co-worker abusing an inmate, I would be pretty upset. I would try to break up the fight as quickly as I possibly can. Our jobs as law enforcers are to protect people and enforce the law against individuals who break them, not abuse them. To start off I would likely yell for them both to back up, failure to comply I would likely click on the Police Radio, Radioing in assistance. In the meantime, I might try another time or 2 to get their attention. Using a very stern tone like I mean business, if they still have not broken up, and backup has not arrived yet, I would shoot the taser up in the air, trying to scare them into listening to my commands. When the backup arrived I would likely allow the higher-up to finish up the situation as I would try to explain and help where I can.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
Seeing my fellow Officer being assaulted I would request backup over the radio as well as EMS, after which I would pay attention to my surroundings, if I see multiple people, I might just shoot the taser up into the air, trying to scare them into my commands, as I would respond with “OWN THE WALL NOW!”. I would likely then pat down and search the suspects before making an arrest for assaulting an officer. However, if there weren't multiple people, I may not go straight to the taser move, I may then give them a stern, direct command to get against the wall, and failure to comply, I might then use the taser in the air.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
I would not be a bit pleased to hear about my fellow Co-worker I’ve dedicated my life to assist. Katsu wouldn’t assess the situation directly, he would likely bring it to their superior Officer about their secret crime life. Providing what proof I have, if not, if they do not believe me, I will ask them to watch for them at least and try to stop all connections between him and that criminal organization.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
Katsu would not appreciate the attempt of bribery thrown at him, Katsu is a very nice person, however. He would likely politely turn it down, before pulling out his paper and writing a fine for bribery.​

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ACCEPTED
Welcome to the Karakura Police Department! Please make sure to have
a look at the Emergency Discord server for further information.​

Users who are viewing this thread