mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Earn experience for /attributes faster (temporarily)

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
IGN: ohneTalent
DATE: 6/16/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Earn experience for /attributes faster (temporarily)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Since /attributes was bugging lately and reset your stats after each session, I think it would be cool to have some sort of compensation after the bug is fixed.
One example: Getting 10% more attributes experience for 3 days.
The buff shouldn't be too great, just any balanced percentage is fine (this also depends on the duration of the buff), so that progressing in attributes is still challenging. It would help people get their lost stats back, while also motivating them to play the game/level attributes.
Of course, this is not up to me, but rather a decision of the staff team. However, I'd still like to point out that this possibility exists. I'm also aware that this isn't a long-term suggestion, but I thought I'd still post it.

Personal experience: I'm quite new to the server, but I already noticed that some attributes take forever to level: I currently have a playtime of 21 hours and my speed attribute is at 1%...
I've also lost about 3% in acrobatics because of the bug, which would bring me to 6%, but I'm at 3% now.
Even if this doesn't sound like much to veterans, I think it's still a bit unfair, since it's a lot for me.

(PS I also think we need te be able to get experience for the speed & swimming attributes more quickly!)

EnderBubs

Level 59

Report all of this to staff and they should be able to help you out hopefully. Yes the bugs are annoying but by the staff implement the coding to make attributes easier to grind the bug will be probably fixed

As well as people can than abuse it in the time where it’s easier to grind

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team

Report all of this to staff and they should be able to help you out hopefully. Yes the bugs are annoying but by the staff implement the coding to make attributes easier to grind the bug will be probably fixed

As well as people can than abuse it in the time where it’s easier to grind
I can't quite follow what you're saying, although I can identify some points:
- You say I should report the bug and they would help me out: I reported the bug already and they're working on it. This isn't a bug-fix suggestion, it's about something completely different.
- You say they will implement a code that will make it easier to grind attributes: Where did you get that information from? Feel free to link a source. Haven't found an announcement related to this issue yet.
- People will "abuse" the period where you get more experience? It's intended that players would get more experience. "Abusing" is the wrong term here. If there are other ways to "abuse" attribute experience-gain you should report them to staff btw.

Lazeas

Level 47
IGN: ohneTalent
DATE: 6/16/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Earn experience for /attributes faster (temporarily)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Since /attributes was bugging lately and reset your stats after each session, I think it would be cool to have some sort of compensation after the bug is fixed.
One example: Getting 10% more attributes experience for 3 days.
The buff shouldn't be too great, just any balanced percentage is fine (this also depends on the duration of the buff), so that progressing in attributes is still challenging. It would help people get their lost stats back, while also motivating them to play the game/level attributes.
Of course, this is not up to me, but rather a decision of the staff team. However, I'd still like to point out that this possibility exists. I'm also aware that this isn't a long-term suggestion, but I thought I'd still post it.

Personal experience: I'm quite new to the server, but I already noticed that some attributes take forever to level: I currently have a playtime of 21 hours and my speed attribute is at 1%...
I've also lost about 3% in acrobatics because of the bug, which would bring me to 6%, but I'm at 3% now.
Even if this doesn't sound like much to veterans, I think it's still a bit unfair, since it's a lot for me.

(PS I also think we need te be able to get experience for the speed & swimming attributes more quickly!)
btw, as of now, speed will take you 160+ hours straight of running in order to go from 0% to 100%. Or around 4500km distance sprinted. It used to not be as bad, like 50 hours of running for max speed, staff decided to make it take longer for some reason. Same with swim. I made a suggestion telling staff that this would be horrible for new players since it would create a huge attribute gap between the old players and the new ones, they said I exaggerated (I didn't). Good luck tho

Lizalopod

Level 130
btw, as of now, speed will take you 160+ hours straight of running in order to go from 0% to 100%. Or around 4500km distance sprinted. It used to not be as bad, like 50 hours of running for max speed, staff decided to make it take longer for some reason. Same with swim. I made a suggestion telling staff that this would be horrible for new players since it would create a huge attribute gap between the old players and the new ones, they said I exaggerated (I didn't). Good luck tho
Im still of the opinion that the old leveling curve was too big, and the new one being even longer makes it even worse. And even then, once you have finished it theres nothing else to it. Its just a big grind, it would take months of playing consecutively to get it to 100% without grinding it to heck.

DarkEclipic

Level 162
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+

if its a bug, you should submit a bug report and see if you can get your stats back. otherwise you will just have it wait

ohneTalent

Level 4
Community Team
Media Team
Some good comments here, although a lot of people probably havent really read the text and thought this would be a bug report suggestion or something. Please make sure to read it, or give at least feedback that my writing is not understandable haha
[ Edit ] I'm also not fully familiar to the community here, do people really dislike the idea of a temporary attribute-buff so much? And could someone who does please explain a bit better why?

Last edited:

Lazeas

Level 47
Some good comments here, although a lot of people probably havent really read the text and thought this would be a bug report suggestion or something. Please make sure to read it, or give at least feedback that my writing is not understandable haha
[ Edit ] I'm also not fully familiar to the community here, do people really dislike the idea of a temporary attribute-buff so much? And could someone who does please explain a bit better why?
I think since it's a roleplay server most people don't care about attributes (this is how it should be) but since you're a newer player, you probably realized how important speed is and are realizing that it's unfair that you keep losing exp/progress, knowing that this shit takes far too long to level, especially when a 90% of the old players already maxed it out prior to the speed exp decrease update.

Everyone -1ing already has max speed and don't even know how bad it is right now, they still think "just run lol" "i got max in my first week playing". it's not like that anymore.

Last edited:

Lazeas

Level 47
realistically, unless you grind, it would probably take you over a year of playing consistently to get max speed (source: trust me bro, I can do math)

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

Insteaddd, there could be features added such as quick time events

Plus, a gym is being worked on for attributes

Reapz999

Level 20
Reapz999
Reapz999
Rich+
+1, the entire system is bugged as is, why not add to the chaos? maybe something more like 5% since some are easier to get anyway

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- We have fixed Attribute saving, Fishing and general attribute levelling as well as fixed specific players who reported their attributes to be wildly incorrect after the recent migration.​

Users who are viewing this thread