cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
IGN: cuddlesmeow
DATE: 9/20/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I've noticed something kinda unfair with the /eat command, so many players are using it, right? It feels like it's turning into a pay to win thing. Like you need 2 apples which costs ¥500 to fill up your feed bar, but with /eat, it's like a FREE shortcut. I think /eat should cost the same like ¥500, so it's not giving an advantage to players who have rank.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
If we make this change it's gonna be way more fair for everyone. No rank players won't feel like they gotta pay more to get ahead. It will make the server more balanced and everyone will be on the same level. Plus it'll make the game more challenging and fun cause you can't just use /eat all the time without thinking about the cost. It's all about keeping things fair and fun for everyone
EDIT: And you know on average, people eat like 3 meals a day. So if you do the math...

Last edited:

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
-1? +1?
I didn’t know /eat was a thing I know /feed because I paid real life money for the rank. If it’s /eat for non paying members without a rank then yeah make them pAy their yen!

cuddlesmeow

Level 99
cuddlesyou
cuddlesyou
Omega+
People with access to the /eat (/feed) command paid to have it as a bonus to their rank.
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 9.46.58 PM.png
You may have paid for the right to use the /feed command, But the website just says you can use it, not that it's totally free. So technically, they can change the price if they want

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
View attachment 51846
You may have paid for the right to use the /feed command, But the website just says you can use it, not that it's totally free. So technically, they can change the price if they want
So if that's the case, make the command free for donators but it costs yen for those who are below Fundraiser, but at the same time still wouldn't change anything since anyone below F would still have to pay to use it for completely free

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I'm fairly sure the official justification for why /feed is fair (and thus won't be changed) is that it doesn't actually give players much of an advantage; you won't lose hunger during sports matches, it's cheap enough that even new players should be able to buy enough to stay full (assuming they aren't wasting anything or running around 24/7), and /feed doesn't give the player any saturation (meaning they heal less and become hungry faster).

I'm not saying that I agree with this, only that they are the reasons. Personally, I think hunger as a feature on SRP is meaningless, because it's a game mechanic that was developed with minecraft survival in mind, and wasn't adapted properly for roleplay by the server. I'd rather just remove it entirely, though I understand that isn't going to happen.

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
What philbertman42 said pretty much says everything needed, but I'll add on!

Normally meals are roleplayed in the roleplay server, and when I first got F+ the only 'bonus' on my mind was in fact the /feed in order to make my roleplaying experience easier. /feed allows me to not have inventory slots filled for just food alone, being able to roleplay without having to think of 'oh I need to go run to the vending machine quick and buy more apples', etc. Overall /eat + /feed isn't a big concern, plus you're already paying IRL money to add to the satisfaction of paying 'in game' money, when technically your character doesn't even need to eat food in order to continue running. In real life you don't randomly stop running in gym, eat two apples whole, and then continue running- That just isn't realistic. To pay for a feature in game that not only you paid for out of game, but also kind of denies that ability of realism as stated earlier, is simply in my mind not pay to win. I also must add that you earn back that money by playing the game, making it actually a sort of 'play to win' if you don't have a rank.

Mialyansa

Level 58
-1. What I believe is actually wrong is that if you move for 10 seconds and you loose half of your hunger bar. I think it is agreeable that's the real unfair thing for the new players.

Users who are viewing this thread