The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
IGN: The_8eightRP
DATE: 10/4/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Elections for mayor
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: I believe it'd make a realistic system for getting a new mayor. This isn't because I don't like mike or because I heard people say it's the third criminal mayor but rather because I think it's a better system for mayors to be chosen. I further suggest mike still stays mayor as I do think he will do good with this position and this system gets added when he eventually does resign. The system could work as the following: you make an application via the forums to enter as a candadit to run for mayor your character must be 25+. After this the accepted candadits will be able to make public speeches and ads for why he/she should be elected then there could be an election day where everyone above the age of 16 (icly) can cast their votes this will make the mayors more spicy and not handpicked by the previous mayor or staff. Furthermore the candadit application system will make sure no newer players or people with a bad reputation will be able to apply for this position as it is reviewed by staff or the government faction.

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
The thing about the mayor role is that I’m fairly sure it’s a vanity role, what the role actually signifies is a faction leads position or responsibility.

i don’t stand opposed to this but I don’t think it will be accepted either

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
The thing about the mayor role is that I’m fairly sure it’s a vanity role, what the role actually signifies is a faction leads position or responsibility.

i don’t stand opposed to this but I don’t think it will be accepted either
Yes, I see what you mean it is a big responsability. But on the other hand I think at least the citizens should vote rather than a sudden change even if this vote is between certain staff members as I do know it is a great responsability that can't be trusted with everyone

Latte

Level 193
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
I agree on the voting half but it shouldn't be allowed to just normal players like what customable said "The thing about the mayor role is that I’m fairly sure it’s a vanity role, what the role actually signifies is a faction leads position or responsibility." Its most definitely a faction lead role and we are yet to see something like this done by players as it'll be capable of being misused heavily. I'm going to remain neutral on this.

pashy

Level 183
-1 I understand many people asked for this before in OOC but I don't think any of them considered the role's responsibilities.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
I don't believe it should be given to normal players, if anything... any staff member that wanted the role. Lets say an Admin or Senior admin. But making it an event would be a cool idea.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1 / -1
I think this idea can to get develop into so many rp stuff, the faction lead role in game doesnt need to be really the specific mayor; e.g heb is the shopkeeper faction shop and doesnt have a shop.

The faction lead will stay the same... just the elections can be cool IN RP, while people(it doesnt matter if they are staff members or normal players) can to make the players to vote them(it can be a whole event...)

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
I like the idea of not only placing the city government lead's role in the hands of someone who isn't part of the Staff Team, but giving players the opportunity to lead factions without having to be part of the staff. But this concept is highly discouraged for a lot of factors;

The leader of a faction depends on administrative in-game power, and having a faction leader depending on an admin every now and then to get something game-wise done would be a liability. Plus, the communication between staff x players has never been great, although you'd expect that a faction leader would get some kind of special attention; and

The current culture dictates that if you're not part of the staff team, you're not responsible enough and shouldn't be allowed big responsibilities within the IC scenario. Given the community that we currently have, this could be understandable, but I do think there is a lot of players out here who know politics or police roleplay and would do a great job as a mayor or commissioner. Sometimes it seems like the favoritism really is out there when Karakura's newest mayor is a gang leader. Despite the fact that "SRP isn't supposed to be too realistic", it's clear that it has become a raw anime show when the last 2-3 mayors and commissioners were characters with corrupt/edgy/criminal backgrounds.

The creativity just isn't there. Many players would have way more immersive characters in those positions of power, and do a way better job than half the people who held and currently hold those positions.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
I like the idea of not only placing the city government lead's role in the hands of someone who isn't part of the Staff Team, but giving players the opportunity to lead factions without having to be part of the staff. But this concept is highly discouraged for a lot of factors;

The leader of a faction depends on administrative in-game power, and having a faction leader depending on an admin every now and then to get something game-wise done would be a liability. Plus, the communication between staff x players has never been great, although you'd expect that a faction leader would get some kind of special attention; and

The current culture dictates that if you're not part of the staff team, you're not responsible enough and shouldn't be allowed big responsibilities within the IC scenario. Given the community that we currently have, this could be understandable, but I do think there is a lot of players out here who know politics or police roleplay and would do a great job as a mayor or commissioner. Sometimes it seems like the favoritism really is out there when Karakura's newest mayor is a gang leader. Despite the fact that "SRP isn't supposed to be too realistic", it's clear that it has become a raw anime show when the last 2-3 mayors and commissioners were characters with corrupt/edgy/criminal backgrounds.

The creativity just isn't there. Many players would have way more immersive characters in those positions of power, and do a way better job than half the people who held and currently hold those positions.
The reason Mike became mayor is simply that his character is an influential person in Karakura, and nobody else could fill the role. Giving players power such as this could be easily abused, we'd be having to worry about gangs just voting their leads into office. Nothing would change, only the fact that the role is given to someone not proven to be responsible. It's like having a degree, staff is a certification to be a faction lead.

needle

Level 45

true tbh

dão aula e olham tudo

Level 13
rottenspits
rottenspits
Rich
The reason Mike became mayor is simply that his character is an influential person in Karakura, and nobody else could fill the role. Giving players power such as this could be easily abused, we'd be having to worry about gangs just voting their leads into office. Nothing would change, only the fact that the role is given to someone not proven to be responsible. It's like having a degree, staff is a certification to be a faction lead.
I've never said that we should allow anyone and everyone to be elected. Give my comment an additional attention and re-read it.

It's like having a degree, staff is a certification to be a faction lead.
Couldn't agree less.

Aania

Level 168
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
A normal player becoming the mayor is out of the question. Looking in the past at factions previously led by players, it quite simply ended horribly.
For a long time EMS didn't have a member of staff being the director, and if you've been around long enough. It's known how long it took for the faction to build itself back up from the dumpster fire it was.

Hopefully elections will be implemented, but the faction needs to be stabilized before anything like that happens.

maraa

Level 210
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
Fact, If anything and they were to have an event where there were elections and a few selected players was involved, having it would be cool but at the end of the day, the staff member would be picked. This is 1000000% understandable, I just think it would be a cool event idea.
A normal player becoming the mayor is out of the question. Looking in the past at factions previously led by players, it quite simply ended horribly.
It was a trainwreck, in my view, and the staff team had already gone so far as to assign Sports Captain positions to players, despite the stuff you highlighted from previous years and whatnot. Yeah, some individuals could think their friend or someone else would be a better match for the position, yadda yadda. As you stated, that is out of the question. Some players may regard it as unfair or biased, or both. It's kind of like a qualification, like Kanna mentioned, that regular players don't have.

Why go through the trouble of having regular people run factions again if it didn't work out the first time? Anyway, players were formerly trusted, but they betrayed that trust, so this is how things are now, and it's much better.

Last edited:

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
You can enter the government and work to be the closest thing to the mayor, though as is; I don't see giving a Faction-Lead role to just about anyone. Maybe an event for election, but then it'd be sorta rigged and take the fun out of the event cause everyone knows the said person will win. The top dog of the person running the faction should also be the top dog ICly managing the role

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
The Government faction is currently working on a system to allow players to partake in a type of election which will be announced in the coming months.

As stated above, the role of "Mayor" is given to the Government faction lead to allow them to carry out all of their IC and OOC duties, it is for events and cosmetics to give the faction some form of order, similar to the roles "Commissioner" and "Director".

Users who are viewing this thread