ElignoreYou

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
moonceline

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
UTC-8

Describe your activity on the server:

My presence has been online day to day, coming closer to a year now. My schedule is flexible, mirroring my playtime. On average, you can find me online 2-6 hours daily. I’ve cultivated many characters with differing personalities and intentions.

College B
Melora Monroe
Grade 10
Adhara Jaager
Grade 12
V. Sinclair
Animal whitelist
Simba
Melora, a challenge I insisted for a slow burn grieving arc that lasted half a year. (WowWee!) She is the character I am most proud of; with an established history of characters around Karakura, I hope to engage with others on a more influential spectrum by obtaining the Librarian role.
Adhara, someone who is malicious at her core. The moments where you second guess if her heart is truly stone are quickly brought back to the reality: you cannot change her. The spite rolls off her tongue like poison and honey, accompanied by a scrunched face that reveals distaste.
Sinclair, a kid you might remember with never-ending energy, who will talk your ear off and bounce off the walls at the same time. They wiggle their jelly covered fingers 'hello', then proceeds to wipe the residue onto your clothes. (Gross…)
In the present day, they are played as a contradiction of an adult. Switching from one thing to another, that little bubble of electricity hasn’t left.
A theatrical cat who puffs his chest with pride. Simba is by far my favorite, I have countless memorable interactions. A joy I hold dear is giving IC creators (tailors, writers, artists, etc) an experience. Simba pays them all in ways that do not repeat for the same person, ranging from failed heists with other animals to yacking a winning lottery ticket.

What doesn’t change across characters is my devotion to immersion and detailRP. I purposefully create minor details that come together in a tapestry of creative liberty. When not in character, I enjoy discussing anything in LOOC, knitting myself closer to the core of SRP’s community.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Nope! All squeaky clean; I have never gotten banned.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Fully acknowledged and understood.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I’m applying for the position of a librarian.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
Librarians are held responsible for the maintenance of the library. A common task you see them perform is aiding students with borrowing and returning books. They give pupils a library card for the mere price of 2,000 yen. When not attentive to people, they manage inventory and upkeep the space. On busy days, these people ensure that the common areas remain a safe place. Tuning in an ear to various conversations, keeping themself aware of their surroundings.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’m a self-proclaimed detailRPer, finding it natural to keep the flow with as many appends needed to establish a richer story. Roleplay games have been a pleasure for as long as I can remember, introduced early in my life to settle cabin fever. With that, I am confident in my capabilities as a writer.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
It has brought such joy to support the SRP community, both IC and OOC. I appreciate it’s the player community; I’m upholding others who may be just like any other SRP member. To be in a position where I can give back to those who support is my motive. The librarian role provides an opportunity to dip my toes in factions and grow closer to a community that is ever-changing.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
DENIED:

ACCEPTED:

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you’re college, specify your degree level):
All roles are academic level with no sports/clubs, excluding one cat character.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Melora ensures she keeps a composed demeanor, avoiding to play into a reaction the student may have wanted. She’ll issue out a warning, apply reason to the situation. If left unheard, the student will receive detention. With the possibility she’s confronted with an increase of defamation, Melora will notify SLT.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Melora approaches the scene, brows knitted together. Her voice calls for attention, “What is the meaning of this?” She promptly separates the two, asking the differing sides of what truly happened. Melora will listen to each side, finding the truth. In the end, she will give them detention, as the two had not abided by rules. It will serve as a lesson; however, if Melora catches onto lingering danger from the party, she'll notify other staff to be aware. In this happenstance, detention will not be given.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
If the possibility of reason is in the air, Melora will take it. Heeding a warning of what may occur if the employee continues. However, some acts are without logic, stirred by emotions. She knows the person will have to cool off before being able to not just listen, but hear reasoning. When faced with ignorance or an escalation of anger, Melora will notify other staff members over the radio. She’ll keep them in her line of sight, interjecting if the situation becomes too dangerous.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Some things don’t change; Melora is an active wallflower. Her ears tune in to the conversations, walking steps, even the quiet hum of a coffee machine. Having found the nook in the corner to claim, she decompresses with art. The ****ogous colors breathe emotional regulation until she’s ready to exit the room back to work.

On the chance a coworker strikes a conversation, Melora indulges them. A bob of her head here and there, making sure the speaker feels heard. She’ll hold the other half of the exchange, words that remain truthful to her. Wherever the discussion leads, Melora will leave with a sliver of insight.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me’s of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/my
attention trails the bookshelves; something has changed. Her brows knit together, eyes narrowing along the tapestry of colors and authors. The pitter-patter of a bored foot on the wooden floor ceases. Melora retires the Solitaire tab on the desktop, exiting the counter and stepping into the space. Fingers trace over bookshelves, rubbing the dust away at the tips. That’s when she spotted it. Books adorned with vandalism, some are even lopsided. How it didn’t occur to Melora before is beyond her. She exhales heavily, marking an updated inventory of six fewer books on the shelf.

/me allows the student to hand over a borrowed book. “Thank you.” Melora’s attention tends to it, placing aside for the time being. She requests the name to mark its return, logging onto the computer. Keyboard clicks fill the silence in between, a few clacks of her mouse and… Tada! There we have it. “All completed.” Her lips tug into a polite smile, glancing back at them. “Is there anything else I can do?”

/my lips form an understanding ‘Oh!’, she gleefully accepts the student’s written work, proofreading. “And you want this to be published?” Once confirmed, Melora nods affirmingly; her eyes trace along words, the air shifts around her. Unspoken pride and excitement causes the aura to be uplifting, reminiscent of a time long past in her walk. She ensures the content is school appropriate, digesting the continuities and underlying themes. “I thoroughly enjoyed this. Thank you for coming to me. I’ll go ahead and make a copy, give you back the original. How does that sound?”

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Melora Monroe

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Preferred Name:
Melora

Academic Degree:
Bachelors in Journalism

Major(s):
Sociology

Minors:
Psychology

Nationality:
Japanese

Known Languages:
Japanese (Native)

JSL (Fluent)

2008, JSL | Language proficiency test (Advanced)

2012, JSL | Language proficiency test (Fluent)

Melora_Monroe_Resume_Librian_BAAAAYBEEE.png

Backstory

Early life
Melora is no stranger to mourning; finding it in her path of life and searching for a kinder resolve. At thirteen, her older brother’s life was robbed from the family, leaving Melora’s soul in a bottomless pit of grief. A name some might remember as Hiro Kato, living a double life in Karakura and Osaka where his family dwells. Oh, how Melora bargained with his death, imploring her grandparents to allow her to start an education in Karakura.
View attachment 54230
Teenage years
When permitted to Karakura, she searched endlessly for any trail of Hiro's presence, asking college students if they’re familiar with his name. She found him in parts of the Obicha forest, the tranquility of the Monastery, and especially in the laugh of friends. The lack of knowing left Melora feeling helpless, coping in ways that allowed her to meet others.
bro_they_really_tposed_on_his_grave_after_this_i_was_in_shock.JPG
Adulthood
She prides herself with the bond of her support system; a smile playing at her lips when remembering passed love ones instead of a quivering frown. Melora has accomplished many feats. You no longer see the feeble, mute girl before you, but a woman with unspoken resilience and maturity. Her time in college found to be spent well, uplifted by a supportive community of relationships.
(sultry_music)_TOOOONIGHT_THE_MUSIC_SEEMS_SO_LOUD_(Careless_Whispermp3).jpg

Present
Melora considered her options, something she didn’t allow herself to do in the past. She had always intended to follow through what her brother couldn’t, a position at the Monastery or KPD. Melora sees now that following through a career in guilt would not bring peace. With that, she devotes time investing in what fulfils her. Many expressive art forms came of this: writing, painting, and botany.

Admiring her current partner’s talent for writing and passion for reporting, Melora follows suit. In the end, she hangs the writer’s bag and finds a place anew in Karakura’s educational institution. The halls, lingering smells, the harsh overhead lighting, it felt all too familiar. Nostalgic, a word she’d describe for it. Melora gains a newfound appreciation for the little things of the school, details she couldn’t when studying. She makes way to the interview, bending her body into a brief polite bow. It’s time for a new chapter.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
”My time spent in these walls formed a sea of unpredictabilities and challenges to overcome.” Her eyes trace along the office, noting details. “My boat that kept me above water became the moments of peace and people. Kind members of the nap club, friends, and especially the library.” Melora’s gaze locks on the interviewer. “I want to be a sentry for pupils who are both struggling and flourishing. To uplift the future generation to come, that’s my only intent. I hope you are able to hear that, to allow me to be in a position where I can support the community which has supported me throughout my years attending.”

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with “N/A”):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
“Everyone applying has an equal chance of acceptance. If allowed, I will be grateful for the opportunity and growth." Melora's chest rises with a deep inhale before continuing. "I see myself having a long-term compatibility with the workspace, employees, and students. Separating myself from situations out of my control is simple for me. If at all needed, I know when to remove myself to regulate. As a follower, I am attentive and receptive to needs of others. My background allows room for empathy, I value students to have a place they can claim safe.”

Much love! Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thanks for your patience and for taking the time to apply for the Employee Faction. After review we've decided we'd love to have you as a member of the faction, please DM me on discord for the next steps! - ozinth

(We really liked the Resume you made)

Users who are viewing this thread