mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted emceetayfun's Receptionist Application!

tayfun

Level 70
tays2fly
tays2fly
Rich
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
emceetayfun (the account I’m applying on), and tays2fly.

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your Discord username?):
My discord username is tays2fly.

How old are you? (Optional):
As of February 2nd, I’m 21 years old.

What is your time zone?:
My time zone is Central European Standard Time (CET; GMT+1).

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m on pretty much every day. My activity ranges from 2 hours minimum, to 6 hours maximum.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Not at all.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Of course! That should go without saying, honestly.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I’m applying for the position of receptionist.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
When you initially set foot into the school’s building, the very first thing you see is the ever incongruous front desk; which is where the receptionists are seated. They help the students with any questions they may have pertaining to the school, which ranges from making sure they arrive at a certain destination within the school’s premises, or help students find certain people employed in the school. Of course, this help isn’t strictly constrained to students, as faculty members may also require the receptionists’ help. Should it come to a student misbehaving, the receptionist can always call them to the front desk via intercom - though they reserve the option to step outside the front desk, and search for the delinquent, themselves. The intercom can furthermore be used to help government workers, or call SLT for assistance; or arresting students who may have committed a crime. Additionally, receptionists can hand out prizes to students in exchange for reward stickers.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying for about three years now, give or take, though not on this server in particular. In the short and sweet eleven months I’ve been on this server, however, I’ve been in one faction only, and was promoted to a higher-up position in August: The government faction. That aside, I’ve recently created a gang character, and find myself being quite fond of roleplay-based gang roleplay. Additionally, I have a college character, and found dibble-dabbling in school affairs quite lovely!

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
Generally, it’s about experiencing new things for me that makes playing SRP as much fun as it is. I want to broaden my horizons, roleplay-wise, while also partaking in the server’s most pivotal faction! After all, it’s SchoolRP, not CityRP. It seems like an overall laid-back position, where I can do what’s needed while also immersing myself in roleplay.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Role applications:
[ACCEPTED] - Lawyer Application

Language applications:
[ACCEPTED] - 6x Language Applications
[DENIED] - 1x Language Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

I'm a government higher-up (Attorney General) on my main account, tays2fly. I also have a college (Bachelor) role on my alternate account, emceetayfun.

────────────

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Yoshihisa would kindly ask the student to stop cursing, and remind them to behave in a courteous, and polite manner. If the issue persists, then he would remind them that he is able to hand out punishments for their behavior, and can involve higher-up members of faculty.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Yoshihisa would immediately separate the two, and try to calm them down, so as to prevent the conflict from escalating any further. Should they be calm to a certain point, he will ask them to apologize to each other, or stay out of each other's ways entirely. However, if they continue to fight, verbal or not, Yoshihisa would hand out detention slips, alongside letting them know to stay away from one another, lest the punishment grows worse.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Yoshihisa would immediately tell them to cut it out, to act their age, and not to mention their position. After all, there is an example to be set; As school employees, they are held to a higher standard. If, however, this colleague continues acting the way they are, Busujima would call on a higher-up right away - without snapping at them, naturally. In doing so, he would check whether or not any surveillance cameras caught the other school employee in the act.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Busujima rarely shys away from conversation; Though it's hard for him to pretend to be interested, if a conversation isn't quite his cup of tea. He's quite what I'd like to call an ambivert; Extroverted, whenever in his element, and introverted, whenever he just doesn't click with people.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
/me sat down at the front desk while huffing, after hanging his coat up at the rack. The man makes sure that his posture is straight, and that he looks approachable, at the very least. Whenever a passing student looks at him, he makes sure to give them his trademark friendly nod and smile - Lord knows just how many smiles he's mustered up today.

/me grunts upon hearing the question - frankly, it was valid, and gave him cause to consciously think about it. Busujima lets his eyes wander about the front entrance of the school, before finally giving an answer: &f"Well." &uAgh, who's he kidding? The child is clearly messing with him. He leans closer, and whispers: &6'&7If you have no serious questions to ask me, I suggest you leave the front desk right now.&6' &uWith this, he leaned back in his chair, while looking at the kid with furrowed brows.

/me steps into the break room with his colleague, while chortling ever so jovially. &f"Well, you know how it is with these kids and their Freudian slips." &u- &f"Only, I'm not so sure if it's actually a slip, or intentional at this point. Just the other day, someone called me &odad!&f Me! Dad! And let's not forget, someone else asked me to &oadopt them!&f And the kid was doggedly persistent, I swear." &uYoshihisa ends his long-winded rant while shaking his head. Honestly, it did give him cause to worry for Karakura's youth. Whether they have the temerity to ask such questions or not, it's telling of only one sad truth: &oThat they need a sense of belonging.&u And that, perhaps, they find this sense of belonging in him, of all people.

────────────

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name (First & Last only): My name is Yoshihisa Busujima.
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): I prefer Mister.
Preferred Name:
Well, you've heard it already. (He chuckles, but reins it in; He looks deadpan, all of a sudden.) Yoshihisa Busujima.

Age (Minimum is 25): I'm only thirty-two years young - old, by Karakuran standards, to be sure.

Academic Degree: I've a Bachelor's degree.
Major(s): Communication.
Minors: Political science.

Nationality: I am Japanese - born and raised in Osaka.
Known Languages: Obviously, I speak Japanese accordingly... that, and I know a smidgen of Russian. Only a bit! I'm self-taught!

Backstory
Born and raised in Osaka, Japan, Yoshihisa Busujima was brought up in a home full of love, and parents who valued education like seemingly no others. It needn't be said that the young boy was in for quite the journey - all his life, his parents encouraged him to help others - in whichever shape or form that may have been. The boy's childhood was relatively normal, it can be said. Despite being an only child, he was still a happy one.
And although he encountered bullying at school, and although he easily could have resorted to his parents' help, he made sure to solve his issues on his own, which helped him obtain his classmates' respect, oddly enough. Still, his parents' tutelage came with its benefits, as Yoshihisa excelled at school - even if he wasn't necessarily the best student. One would label him a basic [BEEP], basically.

Once Yoshihisa graduated from high school, he set about to travelling around not just the rest of Japan, but the rest of the world - mainly in an attempt to find himself - since, so far, his life wasn't nearly as exciting as he wanted it to be. And so, he traveled to Seoul, Singapore, Istanbul, Palermo, Sarajevo, Gdańsk, Düsseldorf, and many, many more cities. Safe to say, the boy was having the time of his life, while occasionally finding a place to work in each city, so he could continue to finance his stays there. After all, his parents weren't really the richest, and a teacher's salary could only do so much.
One day, however, his travels took him back to Japan - and this curious little town called 'Karakura'. At first, Busujima - 22 years old at the time - didn't think much of it, when he bought that plane ticket to the city. Ultimately, he ended up meeting some of the sweetest, albeit some of the most troubled people in his life. It was actually exciting for once! The city is filled to the brim with unpredictable people, beautiful scenery, and not to mention that school! For a city with a school this large, there shouldn't be so many systemic issues, one would think - but Yoshihisa was disappointed to discover the opposite. However troubled the children of the city were, Busujima couldn't help but empathize with them - they were children, after all. This is why he ultimately decided to study - no longer in pursuit of self-betterment, or excitement, but to help the troubled children of Karakura.

And so, he returned to Osaka, to study communications, and political science - aiming to become a receptionist - not a teacher, oddly enough. Yoshihisa, himself, was a student - he knows what his parents went through - he would, by no means, put himself through that.

Motivation for Joining KHS (Character perspective):
I would be delighted to join the school's faculty, mainly because I know how to approach the students - I know how to help them help themselves; To help them feel safe, to help them feel comfortable, to give them this push that drives them to be their best selves! As a foreigner to Karakura, I may see some issues that accustomed eyes mightn't - and I feel as though my perspective is likened to a gust of fresh air. I will do just about anything to keep my job, and to help keep everyone's path's on the straight and narrow; Everyone deserves someone in their corner. Even those at rock bottom. I believe my colleagues are noble for undertaking a similar goal, and I would like to lend them my full, unconditional and unequivocal support. Ulitmately, I wish to better a future - one that will exist without me.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I should be accepted over the others, because I have an excellent work ethic and mindset - accordingly, I am fully committed to my work. My ability to be dependable, and perform well under pressure will help me have a positive outlook, and be the best version of myself, especially when managing difficulties during working hours. If I go wrong at any juncture, ever, I will not hesitate to correct myself. To feel uncomfortable whenever faced with constructive criticism shows room for growth - and there is no end to self-improvement.
Despite not having any prior experience working at the school, I can relate to the students and help whereever I can. I'll become better once I have a more hands-on experience in the field. Additionally, I'm outgoing, and I know how to handle any issue that comes up at school.

────────────

Extra
N/A.

Additional notes about your application: Nothing at all! Thank you for reading my application. :)
Do you have any questions?: None whatsoever.

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thanks for your paitence and for taking the time to apply for the Employee Faction. After review we've decided we'd love to have you as a member of the faction, please DM me on discord for the next steps! - ozinth

Users who are viewing this thread