Emergency/Town suggestion

Hqrvey_

Level 4
Hqrvey_
Hqrvey_
Omega+
IGN: hurricaneswake

DATE: 16/11/2023

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A command to possibly disable emergency calls, such as /disablecalls or so.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: For people within the emergency faction, or even town factions I'm sure that emergency calls can be a bother, especially when off duty. It is something I've noticed with my time in EMS. For example, our characters will go off duty to relax, and not be spammed with emergency calls. I noticed yesterday when we had around 3-4 people calling for the same issues and it just flooded our chat. I don't have any screenshots at the time I'm posting this suggestion however if it continues to happen further I will edit and upload some screenshots.

EDIT: Screenshots
1700430123466.png 1700432089987.png 1700432100321.png 1700432107182.png

This was within 30 seconds, i was mid sessionl and had my chat flooded.

Last edited:

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
I very much agree with this, when you as an officer/hospital worker tend to go off-duty — the last thing you would want is to be bombarded with emergency calls (at least in my opinion). This is a useful, and optional implementation that'd benefit the emergency factions alike.

+1

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
When I was EMS and off duty yes the calls were annoying. As much as I love the suggestion I don't think this should be implemented. Because if there is a shortage of EMS/KPD online and they need you, you would need to step in. Off-duty is great, but in those factions, their top priority is to keep everyone safe and step in whenever needed.

As a Government worker, the Town Hall hotline isn't as busy as EMS/KPD, so I don't think its necessary to implement it.

This will be a -1 for me.

Popo

Level 31
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
When I was EMS and off duty yes the calls were annoying. As much as I love the suggestion I don't think this should be implemented. Because if there is a shortage of EMS/KPD online and they need you, you would need to step in. Off-duty is great, but in those factions, their top priority is to keep everyone safe and step in whenever needed.

As a Government worker, the Town Hall hotline isn't as busy as EMS/KPD, so I don't think its necessary to implement it.

I can honestly see why you would disagree with this, however keep a note of a few things. First, there are psychiatrists who aren't in demand as much as other hospital workers (overall, the implementation would benefit the psychiatrists PLUS any other kind of EMS/KPD worker), since Psychiatrists are only needed for things such as diagnosis, or therapy sessions, and in very rare occasions— to handle other people's treatment. However, no hospital worker is required to go back on-duty even if there was a broadcast. It's entirely optional, they can't be forced.

This suggestion is mainly for EMS and KPD, but the idea of town hall workers also getting access to the command won't really make you lose anything. After all, it's optional if you want to use it or not.

Essentially, if there's a shortage and you're needed; you can still be radioed by an officer or by other hospital workers to come back on duty, and you wouldn't be dependent on emergency calls to be notified of that kind of request.

lamby :3

Level 29
Community Team
Event Team
octoplush
octoplush
Omega
As an EMS worker, I really don't see a need for this to be implemented. Yes it can be annoying at times but there's some occasions where I'd go back on duty just to help with a call. We only get a certain amount of off duty time and sure the calls (There are some) that can be OVERLY annoying but they give up after like 3-4 Minutes. It isn't worth it

(love you)

kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Essentially, if there's a shortage and you're needed; you can still be radioed by an officer or by other hospital workers to come back on duty, and you wouldn't be dependent on emergency calls to be notified of that kind of request.
I get that but what if you're the only Emergency Worker on and you have emergency calls disabled? You wouldn't know someone needs help because you have your emergency calls disabled.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1

kind of a skill issue if someone need you while you're off duty. people go off duty to be off duty, not to expect calls and have to get on duty to respond to them, so they should be able to turn off their radios to not worry about them

if it's SUPER necessary for you to get on duty, other workers can make a broadcast

EnderBubs

Level 58

I should mention if you are off duty you do not receive 110 calls. You cannot take them ICLY as for you wouldn't have your proper gear or equipment on you to make it so you can receive and hear those calls
The only way you may know about a call is if someone radios it and you have your radio on you

Overall this is a 100% +1 from me. For starters it can be VERY annoying when you are doing lore and you need to screenshot your chat and your chat is being flooded by "hello? 110?" "anyone there?" "hi" "help" and more annoying chat flood 110 calls that people do
It will also be useful as stated when you go off duty you cannot take any 110 calls in-character unless they are reported too you over the radio or in person, so disabling the calls will be super helpful!
And there are many more examples!

EnderBubs

Level 58
As an EMS worker, I really don't see a need for this to be implemented. Yes it can be annoying at times but there's some occasions where I'd go back on duty just to help with a call. We only get a certain amount of off duty time and sure the calls (There are some) that can be OVERLY annoying but they give up after like 3-4 Minutes. It isn't worth it

(love you)
again just letting yall know (AT LEAST ON THE KPD END OF THINGS) 110 calls cannot be taken ICLY if you are off duty so keep that in mind for the future!

Classicalist

Level 87
+1 as a psychiatrist I agree with this, It can be very annoying and distracting while doing sessions having my chat flooded by calls.

windswake

Level 24
wyldwinds
wyldwinds
Omega
+1,, As lovely and straight-to-the-point as some emergency calls are, the majority aren't, and I'd rather not have to see "hi" and "110?" emergency calls when I just want to have fun with my friends off-duty..

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I get that but what if you're the only Emergency Worker on and you have emergency calls disabled? You wouldn't know someone needs help because you have your emergency calls disabled.
when we are off duty - We are NOT allowed to respond to calls, we can only help if we're told there's a call.

hyunjqu

Level 4
hyunjqu
hyunjqu
Notable
+1

It's distracting and kind of annoying having my chat flooded in the middle of a session with a patient...

Users who are viewing this thread