mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Emergency Vehicle change

Classicalist

Level 86
What's your Minecraft Username?: Classicalist
What's the title of your suggestion?: Emergency Vehicle change

What's your suggestion?:
Now, Before i begin I would like to say this does not give emergency vehicles a buff or make them any better than any other vehicle. This is pure cosmetic!

Suggestion

Since yesterday, The vehicle plugin has moved from QAV to what I'm assuming is a whole new custom plugin that has been developed by the current developers themselves. What I have noticed is all emergency vehicles have lost their ability to use sirens. This new plugin update however has opened many doors for emergency vehicles.

With QAV (Old plugin) emergency vehicles sirens was pretty underwhelming. Due to the plugin the sirens was just a 3 second loop of the same sound over and over again. Now yes this plugin is basically suggesting the same thing, But we can add variation to this. With the new plugin I am suggesting adding sirens back (Which should be added back either way) but bigger and better.

In this new plugin we can make EMS and KPD vehicles different from each other, Most countries vehicles have different siren's to be able to identify which emergency service vehicle is actually being used. As well as this each emergency vehicle tends to have 3 different sirens. I did not know the difference between all of these but with a bit of research I found out the official names and what each one means.

Yelp - What I have gathered from my research this is the standard siren that is used by emergency vehicles and is tended to be used to clear traffic so that the vehicle can get to where it needs to go to quicker.

Wail - This one was a bit more difficult to understand, But I believe its used mainly by police vehicles to tell vehicles Infront of them to pull over and to stop their vehicle.

Hi-lo - This one is usually used by fire bridge, However in Karakura, EMS and KPD act as the fire brigade. From what I have gathered this siren indicates for evacuation from the current area.

This may be hard to add, But even if they cannot have 3 different sirens I still feel as if KPD and EMS vehicles should have 2 different sounding vehicles. I do not know how the plugin works and such with vehicle sounds but i'm sure there is sounds of both Japanese police car and ambulance's all over the internet you can possibly use. If not even just a simple slight pitch changing in the default siren.

Commands
In the old QAV plugin it used to be a simple key press to turn on the sirens, For this new plugin i feel as if it should be the same just press a key and the siren turns on then a simple command to change between the sirens if this gets accepted of course.

[F] Siren turns on but no sound (Same as old plugin)

/togglesiren (Siren type) - Change the current siren used by your vehicle

Overview
The different type of Sirens was just an added bonus and not really a thing that SHOULD be added, However the main part of the suggestion is to get the sirens back

How will this benefit the server and community?:
Emergency vehicles were unique because of their looks and the ability to use their sirens. Since the update they lost the ability to use sirens which I do not know if it was intentional or not, The different type of sirens part could be beneficial to the community upon learning what they mean can help the emergency services. For example if there is a gang war happening and people are crowded outside as they usually do for crime events they can use the siren that means evacuate as a warning for them to get away and if they do not they can be fined or arrested. Same with the pull over siren, Since GANGRP has declined alot and the rise of street racing I feel as if a siren to symbolize to pull over or to stop their vehicle would be great for KPD as it would make a new element to KPD being traffic stops. From this stop an officer will be able to give out the suitable fine or arrest for what they may have been doing. Like i said in the overview though the main part of this suggestion is to simply have back the sirens which was once a thing.

Haneshii

Level 12
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
+1 It may be a bit to code, however im sure this is something the coding team can put on the backburner to add. it's not a priority really but I think they'd be able to add it. and it'd def add more into the RP experience!

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
the emergency vehicles can use sirens, they just need to be set up by the owner

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to implement it.

- This is already planned once we've finished the plugin's back-end.​

Users who are viewing this thread