B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
IGN:
emerveiller
DATE:
30/1/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:

Having a separate name for the female teams for college. More specifically, Athena's. (The greek god of wisdom and strategic warfare)
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

It's normal to have two names for the teams to differentiate the gender in both of them. For example (one I disagree with), in my time as a softball player, my school's mascot was the 'Braves'. As I was on a female team, that means the general name for us was 'Lady Braves'. I feel as if instead of calling us the long name of 'College Female Footballers' or the 'College Female Volleyballers' etc. we can simply have a female-orientated name, and the males can keep their male-orientated name, Spartans. As for the Bobcats, I have absolutely no idea what to call their female team.. considering when you look up the female names of bobcats, none of them sound that cool. I'm open to anything though.

fuwwa

Level 21
fuwwa
fuwwa
Rich
+1
fully agree, it's always a mouthful to say 'spartan football females' rather than something like 'football athenas' !!! it gives more character, and depths to the teams.
as for the bobcats, idk . . lynxs? cougars? pumas?

sake

Level 61
vokaloid
vokaloid
Rich
I get what you mean and stuff, but you could easily just say Lady Spartans. I think changing the name completely is a bit too much, and could mess with the organization of KA and other things. If it's just an ICly thing that's different, but I really don't think it's necessary

shishi

Level 71
B0JANGLZ
B0JANGLZ
Omega+
I get what you mean and stuff, but you could easily just say Lady Spartans. I think changing the name completely is a bit too much, and could mess with the organization of KA and other things. If it's just an ICly thing that's different, but I really don't think it's necessary
okay yeah... i guess... lady spartans is cool... but likeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! ATHENA IS COOLER. Either one I'm okay with, I just hate saying college female football everytime I talk about it.

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
+1 I was gonna write a silly little reply but then I thought about it, why do the teams not seem to have widely known names? All the teams should get cool names! I love the sound of the Athenas, which fits into the spartan motif.

Lizalopod

Level 130
+1 I was gonna write a silly little reply but then I thought about it, why do the teams not seem to have widely known names? All the teams should get cool names! I love the sound of the Athenas, which fits into the spartan motif.
Literally this. +1

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
ChatGPT to the rescue

Shadonk

Level 13
Shadonky
Shadonky
Omega
+1 MILLION!!!!
This would be so cool, are you kidding me?? ATHENAS?? With Yonio adding the ones that could be used for the bobcat teams, im just so down for that

BearDucky

Level 33
BearDucky
BearDucky
Rich+
Also Spartan isn’t just a ‘Male’ name… In fact females were still ‘Spartan Females’ at the time. The only reason it’s made more masculine is because at the time the majority of men were warriors. So I understand the suggestion but I do not think it should be added simply because the Teams have worked like this for a while as you probably know.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+

To be honest I don’t see how this will better the server. If anything it will make it quite a bit more confusing for players who aren’t a part of teams. I see it being an unofficial phrase to say “lady Spartans” ICly, but creating an entire new name for a specific gender team (on discord, for events, etc) is a bit excessive.

This also raises the issue of the swim and track teams, who aren’t divided by gender. What will they be called? And it’ll create a problem in which if they’re called Spartans, people will ask “why they can’t be called Athens?” And “if they’re called Athens AND Spartans, then why aren’t they two separate teams?”

To better simplify the school system, rival colors have been chosen to be red (bobcats) and blue (Spartans). They’ve also been given easy to remember names. Now if this gets implemented, you’ll have the following names:

Bobcat Volleyball
Spartan Volleyball
Athens Volleyball
Jaguar (as a ref) Volleyball

Which in my opinion, as I said is excessive, hard to remember and not really crucial to the server. I see it being an unofficial thing you can say ICly, however I’m not willing to bet it’ll make a lot of sense on the academics discord when new players are trying to understand the teams.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
English is a neutral language and I don't see why it's needed a "feminine" name. "Spartan" is the demonym for Sparta's citizens, the former capital of Laconia, located in Greece, also one of the most important cities of it's period. Sorry but it's a big no from me.

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
My school, for example, doesn't have special names for each of its sports teams, however it DOES have a mascot for the school in general. This is because it's easier to know a team by the actual sport; football, baseball, etc, instead of a specific name. It's also unnecessary as it'd just add confusion as stated in a few previous comments. Also what BearDucky said, why not all the other teams if this were accepted

Last edited:

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
+1

Dude. ONRAIN pages for every single teams. 2-in-1 shampoo stereotype for each Spartan? Follow @ATHENAS on ONRAIN instead. Roleplay being more diverse. Anything in relation to roleplay is just amazing, I admire small ideas like these just for the satisfactory edits in content. Wondrous development. Backgrounds on each female/male side being different. I think it's rather excellent.

However, the only downside is the miniscule effect on the whole server. That's the only downside, and unfortunately it's a large one.

KayLoon

Level 23
KayLoon
KayLoon
Notable
ChatGPT to the rescue
If this change does happen...Will I be called a furry for being in a team called Jaguars or Vixens...Oh no

Oh right -1 for this suggestion, I don't exactly see why we should do this, I mean you guys can call each other Athenas in character or just ask the SLT IC to call you that

Users who are viewing this thread