players online

Accepted Emilyyx_ Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilyy

Level 2
IGN (In Game Name): Emilyyx_

Previous bans: None.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I spend about 8-9 hours everyday.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No, I have Discord.

Do you have a microphone?Yes.

List your current and past applications: None.

What is your motivation for applying?:

Teaching is a passion for me, it’s what I hope to do [irl] in the future, and on SchoolRP. I’d love to enlighten students and teach them something new every day.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ? Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ? Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?

If I wanted to start a field trip, I would have to make a letter using the format requesting for the trip, and send it to the Principal one night before. I would also need three Teachers or Teaching Assistants to be able to go through with it.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
  1. No food or drinks in the class.
  2. No violence.
  3. No speaking without raising a hand.
  4. Respect all peers, and teachers.
  5. No misbehavior.
  6. Do your work.
  7. No foul language!
Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):

I currently have no past experience as a teacher so this is my first time applying to become one, I hope to expand my knowledge of being a teacher by watching my fellow co-workers teach and also me learning through actually teaching a class.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

1. Trainee

2. Newly Qualified Teacher [NQT]

3. Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills [QTLS]

4. Head of Department [HD]

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?

We need more classes every day. We seem to lack schooling at Taketatsu.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general:

Teachers out-of-game just serve the purpose of educating, teachers in-game serve the purpose of pretty much running the server, without teachers on SchoolRP, technically it wouldn’t be SchoolRP anymore, it would just be a TownRP type of server, without teachers there would be no class, and without class there would be no school. You would also need High School teachers to get into college, and you can only become an adult that way, so no businesses could run.

The salary is 250000¥ every month.

On the spare time of teachers, we should be planning for our next classes, as in grading students work. We should also spend our time thinking up lessons, or making tests. Teachers should never lack on their job and they should be as on time and dedicated as possible.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:

A SchoolRP server wouldn’t be a SchoolRP without Teachers, Teachers are the essential of running everything, if you didn’t have Teachers, there wouldn’t be smart students, and without smart students, you can’t make proper adults who can run businesses.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

(Copied from Megathread)

Trainee | (Trainee)

This is the newest you can get, you will only be placed on this rank for around a few days. You do not have permission to start up new classes and you aren't assigned to work for any specific Teacher, you must come into lessons and sit down (make sure to ask them first) and start to learn from them, and how a lesson works. You can also take this time to impress the SLT members by reporting if they are doing anything wrong from the CoC

Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)

Congratulations, you have been promoted to the NQT. You are now a more advanced teacher and you have the correct qualifications to start a lesson, but before starting a lesson you must still check with your HD and in the roleplay documents check for what you must be teaching. If there are no lesson plans yet, tell the teachers. You do not have to follow the lesson plans by the book, but you must cover some of the key parts mentioned in there. As an NQT you should still be guided by higher peers, and you are allowed to make errors. You are not allowed to take Trainees in to watch you

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)

You are finally in the norm for teachers, you now have permission to start a class whenever you want (inside school) but discuss and organize when it will be with other teachers. You should not make as many errors or mistakes now. You are allowed to let Trainees in to watch your classes, but you do not have the skills to trainee them yet.

Head of Department | (HD)

It is unlikely you will ever reach this stage if there is already a HD of that department in place, however, they can offer you to be Co-HD. But if you have became a HD, lucky you. You must plan what lessons will be taught amongst your department, including lesson plans.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

Introduce the students to the lesson, give the work for the day, and end the lesson with a rerun of everything you did today with a quiz.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Samantha Lea has Brown Eyes that are lightly textured along with Brown Hair that flows around her shoulders hanging down across her clothing. Samantha speaks English but always studies to learn other languages as well so she can widen her knowledge of other cultures. Samantha seems unique because she has a beautiful personality that tends to match in any situation that is thrown at her, she adapts her personality to the given situation so that she can feel included. Samantha’s goal for the future is to have a wide range of experience in the teaching community so that she can hopefully use that experience in real life if she ever lost her job as a teacher or if she ever needs to adapt to another school change. Samantha loves the students of today because they all hold there own unique culture and experience that can be shared throughout the classroom. She loves working with other people because she enjoys learning how they teach their class so that she can better understand how she should be teaching hers.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would first warn them that they should not be doing that and if they continue I would give them a second warning, but if they decide to continue I would notify the Principal or Vice Principal of their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I would attempt to quiet down the class but if they continue to be loud and disruptive then I would begin to tell them that if they continue then I would begin to tell those being disruptive that if they continue they would be sent to the Principal or Vice Principal's office.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

I would act calm and collected, listening to my co-workers and the Principal and Vice Principal along with giving my thoughts on things that require me to speak.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me stands in front of class, waiting for them to quiet down

/me begins to tap her desk hoping to gain everyone's attention

/me observes the class, examining the students closely

/me points towards [Student Name]

/me calmly walks over to [Student Name] tapping his desk to gain his attention

BACKSTORY

I was born in Riverside, California away from most of the neighboring cities I did not have many friends to start off with, my childhood mainly consisted of my mom pestering me to study harder and learn more things at a young age, she believed that I could be a prodigy but that was just in her eyes so I did not think much of it. Once I became of age my mother sent me to Riverside Middle School where I began to make new friends, I knew most of the things that they taught me at a young age without needing any help, I often thanked my mother for teaching me all of that stuff from a young age but even still she only taught me the bare minimum so I had to pay more attention in my 4th Grade Year, after four more years of Middle School my family and I moved to Perth, Western Australia, after going to Western Australia I was sent to Melville Senior High School where I met new friends and started learning more things, I graduated from Melville Senior High School as Senior Valediction of Class of 2015 and after graduation I began to study at the University of Western Australia for two years so that I could obtain my Bachelor's degree and Major in English Language. While spending my two years in the University of Western Australia I began to look at my options but the only option I was lead to was teaching, so after University I began teaching at Ocean Reef Senior High School as a English Teacher for two years, but after my two years of teaching there I began to look at other High Schools that were in need of staff so I began to look at all possible schools, soon widening my search till I found Taketatsu High School.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Samantha Lea.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.

Given Name(s): Samantha.

Preferred Name: [Students] Miss. Lea [Staff] Samantha.

Religious Denomination: Agnostic.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Caucasian.

Current Location: Perth, Western Australia.

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): Two Years.

Working Experience (# of years): Four Years.

Academic Degree: Bachelor's degree.

Year of Graduation: 2015

Major(s): English Language.

Minors: Theatre Arts.

Native Languages: English.

Other Languages: None.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes, CELTA.

Preferred Teaching Subject: English. [Anything Avaliable]

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I would love to be a Teacher as this would be a new adventure for my character and me, on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread