Level 1
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

monach0psis

Previous bans:
N/A

Describe your activity on the server?:
I’ve been an active player on SRP for about a year now, with approx. 8 weeks of playtime on my other account. I play almost daily, and especially more-so during the weekends. However, as I am in school, Monday-Friday, I’m usually not on during the day. I usually hop on after 4-5pm CST. I do touch grass, on occasion- I swear!

Which timezone are you in?:
CST/CDT.

Do you have discord? If so what is your tag?:
I do! It’s ppetrichor#9358 .

Do you have a microphone?:
I do!

List your current and past applications:
Spanish Application - [Accepted]

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I DetailRP all the time. Before SRP, I would frequently RP on social media like Discord and write out long paragraphs in many different scenarios- so in joining SRP, my main adjustment was simply memorizing the commands necessary to send messages formatted correctly. I now have a good grasp on these, and frequently DetailRP with a group of friends I’ve been lucky to find on here. As most online roleplayers do, I have an interest in creative writing, and specialize in dramatic settings, both realistic and fantastical. I’m actually in the process of working on a novel! (No, you cannot read it yet.)

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our current team?:
My main motivation is writing opportunities. I find that as a student, while fun for fast paced, quick interactions, you don’t often find much meaningful interaction in terms of DetailRP unless you find the right people. I find that people who have dedicated the time to detailed applications (and have been accepted) are capable of developing enriching plots and characters. My other motivation is that I have a few friends currently in the EMS faction. We’ve already begun planning out minor plotlines that could possibly occur, should I be accepted. I'm also not in any other factions, which means I can dedicate my time to this one entirely!

Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Psychiatrist):
Doctor.

Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Doctors are your go-to health providers. They provide general healthcare- prescriptions, diagnosis, and provide advice when necessary. They are well versed on the human body and its intricate inner workings, and therefore are the best resource to go to to figure out what exactly is wrong. They can then treat you, or refer you to someone more fitting for your body or mind’s needs, like a psychiatrist or surgeon. In terms of my personal grasp on this, the process of interacting with and diagnosing patients intrigues me. I feel that medical roleplay is a fantastic outlet for this interest. Not only that, I have a keen interest in problem-solving- in riddles, in mystery… anything that requires finding a solution, which most doctors do on the daily. I also have family in medicine, and this has also contributed to my interest in writing out a character in the field.

Categorize all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:

Hospital Director:
The Hospital Director is the person directly in charge of the hospital itself. They hire staff, manage fiscal matters, and ensure that everything is properly maintained.

Clinical Managers:
Clinical managers are second in command to the director. Their faculties are akin to a vice president's. They work in closer proximity to the staff as well.

Clinical Leads:
Clinical leads are specific to each department, those being surgeons, doctors and psychiatrists. They work with these departments specifically to make sure things run smoothly.

Surgeons:
Surgeons are akin to doctors, with a more intricate grasp on the human body’s anatomy.They perform surgeries, hence the name. They also tend to specialize in specific fields, such as those in neurosurgery or cardiothoracic surgeons.

Doctors:
Doctors diagnose and treat their patients. They work alongside surgeons and psychiatrists if need be. They are who you see for check-ups and who’ll prescribe you amoxicillin when you’ve caught strep throat for the third time that year, somehow.

Psychiatrists:
Psychiatrists are like the******s in that they treat mental illnesses. However, they have earned their Doctor of Medicine, thus allowing them to diagnose patients and prescribe medications. They focus entirely on mental health conditions, including but not limited to generalized anxiety, major depressive disorder, and bipolar disorder. They may offer basic counseling alongside their treatment to get a better understanding of their patients.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I am aware of and alright with this.

Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorized to attend or you will be punished?
I also acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
Yes, of course.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character; how do they look, what makes them unique?

Dr. Kiwano stands with excellent posture, piercing blue eyes firmly set on whatever has caught her attention. She’s of average height, standing at 5 '5”. Kiwano keeps a deliberately plain appearance, often wearing long-sleeve shirts with little to no variation aside from the color. If it’s cold, she might layer a t-shirt over said long-sleeves. She is a fan of comfortable footwear, such as running shoes or ballet flats. Kiwano often wears knitted pom-pom beanies and large puffer jackets, tucking her hair underneath. Her hair is dark, so much so it appears to be jet black, with blue undertones due to the hair dye she uses to further darken it. This is an expensive habit- her hair is long, and falls to her mid-back. She often curls the end of the ponytail it’s pulled into 90% of the time at work. Her fair skin sunburns easily during the summer months, and a rigorous skincare routine ensures a flawless complexion.

What are they like on and off the job?
Kiwano is a dedicated, kind woman. Her desire to help others is a driving force in her behavior. She takes particular interest in the iniquitous, often finding herself at odds with them because of her rigid moral code. She has a clear view of what's right and wrong- the world is fairly black and white to her, with very, very few grey shades between.

Kiwano isn’t easily persuaded and avoids rule breaking to the best of her abilities, especially in professional settings.

She’s eager to please those around her and often lets people walk all over her. Kiwano is highly empathetic and works well under pressure, and she calms patients with ease, should she find it necessary. Dr. Kiwano works best in emergencies, as she's quick-witted. Her uncanny ability to keep her cool in medical emergencies makes her an undeniable asset. However, when she finds stress in her personal life, she behaves on impulse, recklessly following her heart to do what she believes to be right.

Outlook on their co-workers? Plans for the future?
Dr. Kiwano has an amicable outlook on her co-workers. Having recently moved to Karakura for work, her social circle is limited to her career. She seeks friendship through colleagues, though her tendency to see the best in people often leaves her vulnerable.
Kiwano looks to the future to escape her past. Her plans are limited to her desire to help others; it is what she has devoted her life to. She takes interest in the broken, for there’s nothing quite like healing the sick that satisfies the hero complex she pretends she doesn’t have.

Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgment to?
Dr. Kiwano currently has undiagnosed PTSD, and deals with it simply by ignoring it- which, as she’ll figure out, is certainly not the best way of doing so. Eventually, she’ll have to seek help, but until then, she’s in denial- something she’s particularly good at!

BACKSTORY

Kiwano grew up in Nagoya, Japan, and lived there for most of her life. Prior to her husband’s death, she intended to stay there until she was six feet under. She knew she wanted to go into the medical field from a young age, having been described as an altruistic sort of person. Kiwano was the sort of child that would cry if someone stepped on something as small as a ladybug, and this empathy continued throughout adolescence and well into adulthood.

Her life prior to adulthood was fairly uneventful. She was incredibly bright and motivated, and did well in her schooling. She got into her university of choice- Nagoya University- on a full-ride scholarship.

Things got difficult later on for her. Kiwano met and married her first husband early on in university, and they stayed together until his untimely death. She was aghast to find her husband being brought in while working a late shift at the E.R. She and a co-worker could not save him, and she later learned that he was injured by someone robbing and then assaulting him. She tried to continue her work there for a year or so, but found that staying in the house they shared, and working at the hospital where he died to be too much to handle.

She did some research and looked for areas where she could move to, and found that Karakura seemed to be in desperate need of help in terms of medical care. She quickly applied to work as a general doctor, and sought housing on the island. She’s not too sure why she’s drawn to Karakura in particular… or maybe she’s just shoving her reasonings aside. Impossible atonement is a strange motivator.

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Character's Full Name:

Miruka Kiwano

Character's Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss is applicable, but Kiwano prefers Doctor.

Character's Given Name(s):
Miruka Kiwano

Character's Preferred Name:
If particularly close with someone, Dr. Kiwano allows them to call her Miruka, and she’s not close enough with anyone aside from family to be called Ruka, a nickname she had growing up.. Otherwise, Kiwano or Dr. Kiwano is just fine. Sometimes people will refer to her as ‘Kiwi’, much to her chagrin.

Character's Age:

Character's Gender:
Female

Character's Religious Domination:
Diest (Someone who believes in a higher power, but doesn’t find themselves to be religious or worship any known deities.)

Character's Marital Status:
Widowed

Character's Nationality:
Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:

Kiwano’s residency in Immunology lasted for four years.

Working Experience(s):
Dr. Kiwano worked in the same hospital as a general doctor soon after her residency until approximately 2021, finding it to be too stressful for her mental health.

Timeline:
Chuo High School - completed 2002
Nagoya University (B.S.) - completed 2006
Tokyo Medical & Dental University (M.D.) - completed 2010
Nagoya University (M.S.) - completed 2012
Residency - completed 2016

Academic Degree:
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Doctor of Medicine
Master of Science in Immunology

Year of Graduation:
Highschool - 2002
Bachelor - 2006
Doctor of Medicine - 2010
Master of Science - 2012

Major(s):
Biology
Immunology

Minor(s):
Medical Microbiology

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
JSL​

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 231
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED
We appreciate your interest in the Hospital Faction, and we hope you're happy to hear that you have been accepted.

- Refer to the Karakura Emergency Discord as soon as possible for further information.

Users who are viewing this thread