mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

EnbyRp | Doctor Application (Reapply + Repost)

Silvyrfly

Level 1

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
(Note, I reposted this as I felt some of my answers before we're not up to my personal standard. I take this application very seriously and only want to put out my 110% best.)

IGN (In-Game Name):
EnbyRp
Previous bans:
I have never been banned nor warned to my knowledge on any of the Roleplay Hub servers.
Describe your activity on the server?:
I am on everyday from when I wake up (around 9-10am PST) to when I go to bed (11pm-Midnight PST). I am an IRL College student but I only go to classes two days a week starting September 27th, 2021.
Which timezone are you in?:
I am pacific standard time (or GMT -7).
Do you have discord? If so what is it?:
Yes I do, it is Silvyrfly (They/Them)#0018.
Do you have a microphone [Obligatory]:
Yes I have a gaming headset with a microphone attached and am planning on getting an external mic as well.
List your current and past applications:
List your current and past applications:
Mystixa / Silvyrfly
(I had to make a new forum account as I lost access to my previous one.)
ACCEPTED
Grade Up - https://schoolrp.net/threads/grade-up-request.29167/
French - https://schoolrp.net/threads/olivers-french-application.30430/
German - https://schoolrp.net/threads/olivers-german-application.30516/
Portuguese - https://schoolrp.net/threads/silvyrflys-portugese-application.36113/
JSL - https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application-silvyrfly.40796/
Tag Removal - https://schoolrp.net/threads/remove-team-tag.40619/

EnbyRp
ACCEPTED
Age Up - https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-up-request.30700/
Hawaiian - https://schoolrp.net/threads/kailanis-hawaiian-application.30702/
German - https://schoolrp.net/threads/juliets-german-application-redo.31251/
Psychiatrist - https://schoolrp.net/threads/enbyrps-psychiatrist-application.31269/
Tag Change - https://schoolrp.net/threads/tag-change.31471/
Swedish - https://schoolrp.net/threads/enbyrps-swedish-application.31505/
College - No Longer Available

DENIED
German - https://schoolrp.net/threads/juliets-german-application.31208/

EnbyRP2 / CelestialRP
ACCEPTED
Private Tutor - https://schoolrp.net/threads/enbyrp2s-private-tutor-application.31657/
Rank Request - https://schoolrp.net/threads/enbyrp2s-rank-request.31679/
Swedish - https://schoolrp.net/threads/enbyrp2s-swedish-application.31824/
Greek - https://schoolrp.net/threads/greek-language-application-celestialrp.40835/#post-128037
Korean
- https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-language-application-celestialrp.40868/

What experiences do you have with Detail RP?:
I have been Detail Roleplaying since I was in 8th grade - early freshman year. I mainly roleplay semi lit-lit on discords, and have detail roleplayed most of my minecraft experience. Minecraft in particular I have been roleplaying since I was in 7th grade, which was in 2015.

As someone who wishes to become an author part time and publish books, being detailed is extremely important to me. I pride myself on being able to fully explain a scene or what my characters are trying to accomplish in a way that is informative.

What is your motivation to apply for EMS and how will you benefit our medical team?:
My motivation of reapplying for EMS is how much I enjoyed it in the past. While I was not on the team for more than possibly 2-3 months, it was some of the most fun roleplaying I had. Due to personal mental health reasons as well as senior year I stepped down and took a break from SRP.

Now that I have graduated high school and have much more free time I hope to return. I am incredibly active as well as experienced in knowledge of medical work. I feel I could benefit from these factors. I would be on most of the day during SRP's most active hours and able to provide medical roleplay to those who need it quickly.

I also feel that there is not many doctors when I am online recently. I hope to be able to be active during hours others aren't on to ensure there is always someone around to help.
Which medical role are you applying for? (e.g: Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, Psychiatrist):
I am applying to become a Doctor this round.
Specify your knowledge for the role you’re applying for:
Over the past year I have taken quite an interest in medical studies, focusing on doctors and nurses specifically. Much of my time has been spent researching this field in earnest. Doctors are the ones who take care of most basic hospital procedures and testing. Whether it's a broken bone, blood tests, or the general cold you would go see your doctor. But their job is much more than what it appears on the surface.

Doctors are expected to complete many years of not only medical school but residency as well. Most of the time they will dedicate upwards of 14 years of their life in preparation for this job. This work is grueling and long, usually consisting of days long work with no rest. Over the course of those 14 years they will learn different subsets of medicine and diagnostic materials. They are expected to use these skills to accurately determine a patients condition.

One of the main reasons this job is so hard is all the different illnesses one may have to deal with. No two cases will ever be the same as well. They are tasked with figuring out what is troubling their patient and how to fix it, if that means prescription treatment or some sort of procedure. Most will try to avoid prescribing pills as much as possible to avoid addiction, and they must determine if someone is coming only for that prescription.

Doctors also should be able to listen to the patients concerns and walk them through what is going on in their head. Many will have one way of diagnosing an issue or solving a problem, which does not work. As stated previously each person who walks into your hospital will be different and must be treated as such. Listening to the patients concerns as well as looking to your own knowledge will be the best course of action.
Categorise all the functions of the EMS and tell us what each of them does:
Head Physician (HP)

This is the most important role inside the hospital faction. They are in charge of who is hired, fired, and any major changes. They are to be looked to with respect and listened to at all times. Each will run the hospital differently and is an extremely hard role. They are also in charge of payment towards the workers as well as finances of this faction overall.

Clinical Manager (CM)
The second in command to the HP, this role is just as much important. This role is more focused on the staff side of this faction. If there are any issues or concerns amongst workers they will report to the clinical manager first. Any promotions or demotions can be influenced by this role towards the Head Physician. As well as in case the HP is unavailable, this is who will take over. It is an intense amount of responsibility and as such should be taken with just as much respect as the head physician themselves.

Clinical Leads (CL)
Clinical Leads are the next in the line of command under the Clinical Manager. Their focus is on their own individual roles, serving over one of the roles such as Surgeon, Doctor, Nurse, or Psychiatrist. It is up to them to make sure every worker in their section is doing their job properly and often handles the trainings. Any initial or smaller concerns can be answered by them if it pertains to their particular role.

Surgeons
Surgeons are the most trained and elite doctors inside a hospital. They most often will deal with more extreme procedures such as surgeries or more advanced illnesses. They are required to go to school for even longer than a doctor as well as often they specialize in a certain type of surgery. Often times a patients life is in their hands which is why they must spend so much time preparing for their job. If there is a major issue or prescription that is needed, a surgeon will most likely be in charge of taking care of it.

Doctors
Doctors are just as important as Surgeons although they deal with less intense situations. They are often in charge of check ups as well as overall health maintenance. If you have anything from a common cold to a more obscure disorder they have been trained for most of their life to help treat you. Their knowledge in both physical medicine as well as prescription medicine work together to make sure the best course of action is always taken. They usually will not deal with more extreme things such as a surgery unless no surgeons are available and it is an emergency.

Psychiatrists
Psychiatrists work lands in the field of mental health rather than physical. As stated previously when you have a cold, you visit a doctor. If you mentally are unwell you would see a psych. They focus on listening to their patients problems and helping figure out a way of why they're feeling the way they are. This could be something small as a fight with a friend to more severe disorders such as Depression or PTSD. Each treatment plan is different for each person who comes in, and their work is very personal. They strive to develop a solid trustworthy relationship with anyone who steps into their doors. They also are able to prescribe anti-depressants and more mental prescriptions.

Are you aware of the basic medical emergency colour codes? If so, with their meanings, specify all those you’re aware of:

Yes, I am aware of the color codes. They are as follows:

Code Black - There is a bomb threat in the hospital.
Code Blue - A patient is experiencing cardiac arrest.
Code Red - There is a fire or smoke has been seen inside the building.
Code Brown - Severe weather is near the building, take caution.
Code White - Evacuation call.
Code Pink - Abduction of a child and/or infant.
Code Green - Emergency Evacuation.
Code Orange - Hazardous Spill.
Code Silver - Active Shooter.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes I accept this fact and am ready to face it at any given time. I also accepted this fact in the past when I left EMS.
Do you acknowledge that applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Hospital Staff role?
I acknowledge this and am prepared. I enjoy Hospital Staff more than most roles and intend to focus majority of my time on it.
Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are authorised to attend or you will be punished [Demoted]?
Yes I acknowledge and accept this fact, and am prepare to be as attentive as possible to trainings. The only reason I would miss is if I had prior commitments offline.
Do you acknowledge that you are NOT to take things OOCly when dealing with training & situations?
I acknowledge this fact and will make sure to take situations & trainings icly only. Nothing in the roleplay should be taken oocly unless specified beforehand.

In-Character (IC) Section

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us about your character, how they look, what makes them unique?
A Korean male would stand before you at 6'2 and 171 pounds. His black hair paired with dark eyes had a sadness unexplained, with a hint of hope. His smile was one that welcomed all towards him with a kindness unmatched.

Hyeon often would be found in the gardens of Karakuna sketching the flowers he saw or taking a breather amongst the nature. He's one to enjoy the subtle things in life. Due to his childhood he likes to take in everyday as it comes and not miss any single moments. Any job he has he dedicates all his time to and makes sure it's done right. But this doesn't mean he focuses only on work.

Family and friends are at the root of Hyeon's love of life. He would do anything to help the ones he loves and often gives more than he should. Growing up he had a fascination towards helping others which has only grown ever stronger in his adulthood.
What he's like on and off the job?
On the job Hyeon is quite dedicated to his work, often focusing too hard he forgets to take care of himself. He tends to hyperfixate on what is in front of him and current jobs. During his shift he would do everything he could to help as many patients as possible, getting to the root of their problems with efficiency. In-between patients however he would spend his time getting to know his co-workers. Hyeon can be very outgoing and loves to meet new friends.

Off the job, he can be seen entirely differently. He is much less serious and loves to be goofy. A good weekend in his eyes is drinks with his friends or going out with family on a trip. There is much of life to love and Hyeon wants to be able to experience all of it to it's entirety.

He also loves to spend time with his twin daughters as they are his entire world. Much of the reasons he wishes to get a job at the hospital is to make them proud, and be better able to provide for them. He is a single parent and therefore must take on the role of both mother & father in their lives.
Outlook on his co-workers? Plans for the future?
Hyeon is someone who loves to make friends, and would have a great time getting to know his coworkers due to this fact. During shifts he would do all he could to make things easier on them and help in any way he could. After hours he would love to go get a drink or be able to hang off hours together.

His current plans for the future mainly focus on his career in medicine. His passion lies in the abilities to help people, and therefore his dream job is to become some sort of doctor or medical staff. For the foreseeable future he hopes to work in the medical field until he is either too old to continue or finds another area of his life to focus on.
Does your character have any past / current mental and or physical illnesses we should take acknowledgement to?
Hyeon was diagnosed with ADHD as a young child, but he has learned to use it to his advantage rather than it holding him back in adulthood.

He also has depression due to his wife passing away a few years after his daughters were born, as well as childhood events. He attends therapy for this and has worked through it over the years.
BACKSTORY
Hyeon Chinen was born on December 23rd, 1990 in Seoul, South Korea. At the time of his birth his family consisted of both his parents as well as an older sister, and his fathers grandparents. He was born a relatively healthy child with no concerns or issues at the time. Overall he was set for a perfectly content and happy life.

However this all changed during the year of his 12th birthday. Shortly before their celebration his grandfather was deported back to North Korea. His great grandparents had defected many years prior and had always warned their family of the dangers their history presented. Seeing his father be forced to leave scared Hyeon's father to the point he fled the country to Greece. He would never return to the family he apparently loved.

His mother began to feel extremely isolated in South Korea. Most of her life was spent in Japan, and that is where her heart always stayed. As well as her health deteriorating she wished to be closer to her own family. As if his life wasn't already falling apart enough, Hyeon was now being forced into a new country with a language he didn't understand.

Most of his life he had fallen in love with the world of medicine. He began taking classes pertaining to this subject once he reached high school. During his sophomore year he began to volunteer at a local children's hospital, only furthering this passion. When he reached the age of 17 he had fallen in love with his high school sweetheart and gave birth to twin daughters Kaede and Chieko Chinen.

He graduated that same year and immediately enrolled in college, double majoring in both Medicine as well as Biochemistry. Hyeon focused intensely on his work as well as raising his children. Sadly, his wife passed away during his 3rd year of college when the twins were 5 years old. This made him work harder to keep them proud and a roof over their head. It was also around this time that he added a minor in Nursing.

He graduated with a Minor in Nursing and a Master in Biochemistry in 2012 and proceeded to residency as well as medical school. The next 5 years of his life would be spent working towards this completion. Eventually he graduated with a Doctorate in Medicine in the year 2017. This would total 8 years of extra-schooling to reach his dream job.

The past 4 years has seen him living in Karakura, the town his mother grew up in. She had passed away during his final year of High School and he saw this as an opportunity to continue her legacy. From volunteering at blood banks to shadowing the hospital he now feels confident enough to apply for a full time position, hoping to make a positive impact on his home community.​

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Characters Full Name:
Hyeon Chinen
Characters Title (e.g, Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr.Chinen
Characters Given Name(s):
Hyeon
Characters Preferred Name:
Hyeon Chinen
Characters Age:
Characters Gender:
Cis Male
Characters Religious Domination:
Pagan
Characters Marital Status:
Widowed
Characters Nationality:
Korean & Japanese

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Years of Residency:
He was in residency for about 5 years after completing his masters, finishing in 2017. He has been a full time certified doctor for the past 4 years.
Working Experience(s):
Hyeon began volunteering during his sophomore year of high school, mainly at children's hospitals. He has always had an affinity towards children with a natural parental instinct. Once he reached college he was offered a part-time job and used the daycare for his twins.

During medical school he upgraded to a full-time doctor assistant as well as continuing to volunteer at several other locations. He visited a few in Japan as well as Korea to help him with his fluency.

After residency he took a small break before helping around at blood banks in his free time. Overall he has been working for the past 15 years of his life to different degrees.
Academic Degree:
Doctorate in Medicine, Masters in Biochemistry. He also has a minor degree in Nursing.
Year of Graduation:
Highschool Graduation in 2007, Masters & Minor in 2012, Doctorate in 2016
Major(s):
Medicine, Biochemistry
Minor(s):
Nursing
Native Languages:
Korean, due to living in South Korea most of his life up until middle school.
Other Languages:
Japanese​

Users who are viewing this thread