philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
IGN: Irrelevant
DATE: Today
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST: Read the title
Bro you're so funny, posting "+1" in response to the thread that is suggesting that people shouldn't be able to, God, you're so quirky and rebellious, wanna make out?

Bottom Text
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER / COMMUNITY?: There won't be any more +1 / -1 replies that add nothing to the topic of conversation. Too many people assume that we care that they agree or disagree with a suggestion, when in reality, all they're contributing is spam. It's perfectly acceptable for people to openly express their stance on a topic, but they should back it up with knowledge or experience when doing so. It's not as though suggestions are based on community polling, it's ultimately the decision of the staff higher-ups whether or not something is implemented; the pseudo "voting" system we have quite literally achieves nothing.

TLDR: I am seething over +1 / -1 replies and I want them gone NOW ):<

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

+1/-1's are a simple way for people to express whether they agree or disagree with an opinion. While I do agree that just saying '-1' isn't very constructive, they could simply be referring to a previous argument that another player has stated. If staff believe that people aren't using constructive criticism or are misusing the sub-forums, we will delete / notify the user not to do it again

Luca

Level 68
Traccia
Traccia
Rich
You can +1/-1 with something without writing out a full explanation and reasoning as to why you disagree or agree. It has the same meaning just without context. I don't see how it contributes to spam as long as they do not continuously repeat it.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
I don't see how it contributes to spam as long as they do not continuously repeat it.
If you're looking at individual users then nobody is spamming, but if you're looking at the volume of +1/-1 replies, I couldn't consider it to be anything but spam. Especially in longer threads with more potential impact on the server, you'll typically get a cool page or so worth of messages that you'll need to scroll past just to catch up on the conversation.

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+

It's called feedback for a reason (other than delivering feedback to staff).

Do remember that staff do take what we say into count. If they see people don't care much about a change, it still speaks volumes. Some people, such as myself, would like to express my opinion on all feedback given to the server whether it's a -1, +1, or if I'm simply neutral.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
What is the purpose of this actually? Is it to track who said what? Do they credit people for their suggestions when they get implemented by putting the ign? Kinda confusing
I don't know, but when I don't use the format people go "REEEE GRRRR USE FORMAT ):<<<<<" even though like.. Half of the stuff is both irrelevant + you can already see it by looking at OP's name and the date of the thread's creation

Users who are viewing this thread