England!

Level 24
Community Team
Event Team
Englandography
Englandography
Omega
EVENT TEAM APPLICATION

flourished-ornament-dividers-ink-flourish-and-arrow-decorations-dividers-vintage-divider-eleme...jpg

What is your Minecraft Username:

Englandography

Describe your activity as a player of the server:

Across the six, nearly seven, years I have been on SchoolRP, my activity mostly followed an increasing trend during summer and a vastly decreasing trend the moment school started; however, the massive benefit of being in college now is that I can remain active during school due to the fewer hours I have to spend in class. The result: consistently high activity year-round. Two examples to provide a reliable frame of reference for my recent activity are the availability table and shrine faction activity log listed below.

Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
9:00 AM - 1:00 AM
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
9:00 AM - 3:00 PM; 5:00 PM - 1:00 AM
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM; 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
3:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Currently, as a priest I have been online for an average close to five or six hours per day. Weekdays, weekends, and holiday breaks, it’s hard to tell whether this is something to brag about, but it is definitely fitting to mention on an application specifically asking about activity. For instance, the last activity I posted for the shrine (at the time I started writing this application) states that I was online for 8 hours and 41 minutes, and I even stayed on longer for another four hours after posting the activity. The activity post also states that this is my twelfth log of the month, posted on the twelfth day of the month, meaning I currently have been online each day.

Please provide any previous faction applications you have created, whether accepted or denied:

Year
Application
Status
Shop Application [Back then, there was no forum post for shop applications; shop applications were directly submitted to Duckings]
Accepted
Professor Application [On an old forum account with a different email from when I was a kid]
Accepted
Accepted

Provide your Discord and confirm if you have a microphone:

My discord username is "England", and its tag is "englandography". I do have a microphone and am very willing to use it; I often speak in calls on a daily basis and understand its importance while working in a team.

What is your time zone?:

Central Standard Time (CST)

Are you aware that if you are inactive on the team you will be demoted?

Yes; it is only natural to demote those inactive to create room for more members and maximize the number of events being hosted on SchoolRP. The event team, from my viewpoint, is the community team expected to have the most consistently high activity due to their direct contact with the playerbase through interactive and meaningful roleplay. By moderating and forming the boundaries of the roleplay, event team members can provide opportunities otherwise not possible, requiring regular appearances and efforts for the sake of the server.

What is your motivation for joining the Event Team:

COMMUNITY

Within my long history with SchoolRP dated since late-2016, I've dedicated far more of my time than I should to roleplay as a student; my time was divided among romance stories, drama, family-based roleplay, and GangRP with little vision as to what I wanted to accomplish on the server. In the past, I've had some roles and jobs, but none were seriously intriguing enough to build my main character around them. Since applying for shrine, however, the series of events designed for Octobers pushed my attention onto serious roleplay organized by the server itself. The serious, meaningful roleplay within it in addition to the activity I put into that month and each situation pronounced my presence on the server in affiliation to spirits. With each day, my interest in roleplay grows and now the server and its community make up an important portion of my free time, so I want to involve myself in it as much as possible, starting with the group of people who first sparked my intense motivation: the Event Team. All I am is thankful to each and every member, and hope to join them and get a feel behind-the-scenes so I may one day do the same for another. Right now, as I write this application, all I can think about is what I hope to do as an Event; any opportunity to engage with the server available is a chance to expand on my ideas.

EVENT TEAM ROSTER

A welcome surprise when taking a look at the roster was the number of people I know within it. Friends I'd already made make up a strong half of it, and many others I got to know personally from either my own roleplay with their characters, or by experiencing their events and bonding over it. An important aspect to joining factions, I've found, is the ability to get along with those within it. It makes things easier for everybody—especially myself—if we could all have fun together as we worked. The only way to do that, however, is by surrounding myself with those I enjoy to be around. Even among this round of applicants, I recognize many faces and look forward to speaking with whomever else I may work with should I be accepted alongside them.

ROLEPLAY

Last but certainly not least, Event Team members are enabled to create their own roleplay scenarios for others to play their part in. Just being within the team would create many instances for me to find intriguing roleplay, and with each event I plan and host I would create a new roleplay and draw players in to experience it alongside me. Additionally, by working alongside the Lore Team and other Event Team members, we will be capable of creating more intricate and impactful situations to tell stories about through events. Progressive events, important characters and items, and player involvement are all tools to utilize for the development of many factions in a way to keep things fresh and motivate the players within it the same way I and many others within the community teams are.

What makes you a suitable Event Team member:

EVENT TEAM EXPERIENCE

The only experience I have doing event work is when I was a Lore for a Tokyo Ghoul roleplay server called Tokyo Ghoul:re. In Tokyo Ghoul:re, Lores worked as both events and lore-writers and were expected to balance and document the abilities of the characters (since Tokyo Ghoul is primarily supernatural), which is what I spent most of my time on as a Lore there. A lot of the events followed a storyline that led the entire lore, meaning history was not the only component, but also, a series of events that told a story for the players to both experience and impact when given the opportunity by the Lore in charge of it. It often meant Lores were expected to both write historical documents for the world of Tokyo Ghoul:re and to set parameters for roleplay rules and plan out events. I can only hope to expand on this idea by creating developed storylines through a series of events hosted in coordination with other teams that could maximize the quality of roleplay presented to the entire server.

MATURITY

An important aspect to being in any community team in general is a mature temperament. While it can be difficult to judge that trait within the application, I am sure many within the server could attest to the fact, and while age is not a definitive explanation for maturity, it can be used to generalize; therefore, being 18 years of age with the responsibilities of an engineering student in university, past work experience, and a positive history within the last few years of SchoolRP gives me a leg up on many middle-teenage players that make up the server's population. The accumulation of living off-campus and needing to cook, clean, and shop makes up smaller, daily responsibilities to build character, as well. All I can guarantee within this point attributing to my suitability to the Event Team is my utmost effort to retain an image worthy of a member of the server's community team. In this explanation, I mostly wanted to emphasize my understanding of the importance to maturity and that a part of the job is image, as well.

TEAMWORK AND LEADERSHIP

While in high school, I used to practice medicine due to my plans to go into anesthesiology with an M.D. To prepare myself for the field and strengthen my resume to get into the best school available, I applied for and was accepted to a practicum at a separate private school and an externship at Walgreens. An integral part of practicing medicine is to work in groups, and much of my externship required working under a team leader coherently to prepare and provide medicine to long lines of customers. The practicum and externship lasted for the entirety of my junior and senior year of high school. Also during my junior year, overlapping the period I was in the practicum and externship, I was working part-time at Whataburger (a large southern burger chain in the U.S.) to help make food. Like many fast food restaurants, at Whataburger, workers are divided into four stations: the drive-thru window and cash register, cleaning and dishwashing, the burger-assembly station, and the frying station. For half a year, I was in charge of the frying station and oftentimes trained or monitored newer workers, giving them instructions for proper use of equipment and procedure throughout each shift. Now that high school is over and I am done working to focus on college, I have begun my engineering major at university. In the first lecture of my engineering class, we were given a presentation on the importance of working in teams. In reality, engineers don’t work alone, and it is almost impossible to see one without a team assigned to a project at a time. As a result, half of the class is to form a team and write programs assigned every week together as a collection of two-to-three labs. It has been six weeks since school started; however, my team and I have tackled numerous projects together by learning how to distribute work and check each other’s progress. Additionally, due to my engineering major, I enrolled in an engineering club to find more projects to add to my resume. I enrolled in this club alongside a group of friends from my classes to complete team projects, which we are assigned monthly.

OCTOBER PARTICIPATION AND ORGANIZATION

During October, the shrine workers are expected to face numerous spirits and seal them by the end of the month. At the time, however, many on the current roster were incapable of remaining excessively active and some were not interested in fighting or dealing with spirits. I, however, tried for perfect activity and ended the month with 34 days of activity (out of 31 days in October, but officially listed events count for 2 activity logs and there were 3 officially listed events, adding another 3 activity logs) and ended up doing much of the information gathering, sealing, and combat. To go into further detail, I coordinated sealing events with Staff Team and Event Team members playing spirits, such as Moe (Butterolls), DivingBlues, and Naiya (bheom). Additionally, I developed the storyline and gathered almost of the intel of spirits known to the shrine staff from Jaeyla (gotsnapped), weth (wethecreatures), Kyle (atoki), and Ethan (Customable), having led to the additional defeat of Babadook (wethecreatures) as an unplanned event and the defeat of Hwan Jaibatsume (Customable) by interacting with Kitsa (Customable), fighting Hwan regularly, and sharing intel with the rest of the shrine staff for a final battle. This October especially was a busy Halloween, as it had some of the most number of spirits and many, many rule changes by both Tippie and RexLobo; however, I also participated OOC'ly by writing a document outlining the items shrine workers could use against spirits that was officially implemented into the Spirit Rules lore document, all in order to better organize and limit spirit strength through consistent rules. Though, it was soon overturned after October when Tippie took lead of the spirits. In short, while I may not have hosted events during October, I somewhat contributed to them, developed the stories of spirits for the sake of events, and organized minor events alongside the Event and Staff Teams as a player.

Please provide three detailed event suggestions that would work for our server:

flourished-ornament-dividers-ink-flourish-and-arrow-decorations-dividers-vintage-divider-eleme...jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-07 180641 (1).png

DETAILS

Audience
Event Type
Community; Shrine Faction
Major Event
Event
There is one specific month that has ties to the strength of seals upon violent spirits. Come October, many of them roam free to wreak havoc. But, yet again, balance is restored thanks to the countermeasures of the shrine and their attempts to seal or stop the ghosts. Regardless, injuries were unavoidable. Dozens of civilians within Karakura alone were subject to the dangers these creatures pose and were at some point in time hospitalized. As the final reckoning of October neared and Hwan was sealed, all that was left was to clean up the numerous other spirits that infested the forest. One-by-one, they were fought, defeated, and sealed.

Damage control became a priority of the monastery, and casualties slowed with each ghost that met their fate. The struggle, however, did not end with October. In Shintoism, most rituals exist to purify the person from evils imposed by the earth and negative spirits engulfing its lands. The priests and maidens were soon bombarded with countless spirit reports and felt the need to purify those exposed, but there were far too many victims to go from person-to-person.

The solution: a mass cleansing ritual for the whole of Karakura to enjoy and recover with. It was formulated to bait in each and every citizen to cleanse that all at once with a festival gathering, claiming it was the celebration of another October survived. Within the Zen Garden as its venue, countless stands popped up from every corner, headed by the many familiar faces that worked Karakura's local businesses.

People walked throughout the garden, stopping at each makeshift shop to buy food, gifts, toys, whatever they could find! In the center of it all, though, was an emptied stage for the priests of the shrine to compete for sport; they battled with a choreographed kendo performance, catching the eyes of every guest while they went about the stands surrounding them. Behind the combatants dueling it out with their kendo gear were the maidens, who danced a kagura hosted by the Naishoten (maiden lead). The sky darkened and a sunset painted it orange and purple, and before it could go completely black—save for the lanterns that littered the sky—fireworks exploded overhead and lit the festive night for them all. The fireworks marked the end of the show, for it was time to move on to the true purpose of the festival: the cleansing.

The shrine workers gathered every participant they could, leading them to the center of the Zen Garden where it was clearest and most open. Incense lit around the area, marking the location for them all to stand within. The priests and maidens moved through and around the crowd, waving lit sage smudges so their smoke could fill the air and cleanse every guest to come in contact with it. When they made their rounds through the crowd, they each stopped and spoke their prayers over the people. Suddenly, the moment ended as more fireworks blasted and broke the intense silence of the prayer, signifying that the event was ending. The guests each packed their merchandise and prepared to leave.

STEPS
  1. Choreographed kendo performance as guests explore the stands and watch, as well as a series of kagura dances organized by the Naishoten (maiden lead).
  2. Firework ending to mark the start of the sage smudge cleansing.
  3. A sage smudge cleansing and prayer.
  4. Firework ending while guests prepare to leave.

PLANNING
  1. First and foremost: permission from and coordination with the shrine faction lead, cloud_divider.
  2. Builders will be needed to prepare the Zen Garden as a stage for the rituals and to make the stands.
  3. Shopkeepers will need to be contacted to see if they are open to hosting the stands. They will be selected based on the variety of products being sold so that not each stand is the same.
  4. Priests and maidens are expected to prepare detailed actions for rituals. This includes the Naishoten organizing the maidens’ kagura dances.
  5. An invisible builder may need to build the smoke in the air from the sage smudge ritual, though this is not required for the event (I know most builders are not allowed world edit, so it would likely have to be manual building with the design planned out ahead of time).

WHY THIS EVENT?

October is a straight month of Event Team activity where many players build up the motivation to interact with the factions and lore of SchoolRP; however, soon after, it is forgotten with little-to-no notice ahead of time. Spirits simply disappear or are dealt with depending on the shrine faction's activity. The Post-October Cleansing Ritual event could serve to provide closure without interrupting the spooky aesthetic of the Halloween events and adds another boost of motivation and activity throughout the playerbase even after October. The event would also expose the players to the true roleplay associated with the shrine faction: Shintoism. The faction is not meant for spirits alone, so festivals and kendo exhibitions are the best representation during their 15 seconds of fame after October.

Screenshot 2023-11-07 181633.png

DETAILS

Audience
Event Type
Students
Major Event
Event
In the past, schools have presented the opportunity to develop their professional portfolio through competitions, exhibitions, and career fairs; however, the idea of an annual Science Fair has come up within the school board to put the names of Karakura's prestigious PhD students out into the world and reward its fiercely motivated participants with the recognition needed to get them good jobs immediately out of college. Much rode on the back of this schoolwide fair, for its success could be a vivid change to the way the university advertises its students and involves the educational community with engaging events. With anticipations high, the idea was immediately executed in hopes nothing would go wrong. Nothing could go wrong. . . .

The school is hosting a science fair in the courtyard for its best students from the doctorate program, numerous stands covering the land. Each offered a unique, somewhat ridiculous invention manned by a selection of players in the PhD program. Each invention appeared to be simple creations with party-trick purposes such as handmade toy cars and such; however, one stereotypically nerdy student (played by an event or staff member), showcased a large robotic figure. The robot, programmed with a combination of instructive code and some artificial intelligence, would follow commands as typed into the student’s laptop.

Students flocked each stand, but it was clear to any who gazed upon the robot that none could match the complexity of the invention. Time passed slowly but sure, and toward the end of the display, a stage would take place for the college SLT to announce the winner of the science fair. Everybody gathered with anticipation, wondering who might win. Each PhD student prayed for their success, but deep down, many knew there was no hope competing with the robot. The faculty announce the winner—the student with the robot, of course—but the moment they step up onto the stage with their creation shortly following behind, the contraption would shut down as smoke rose from the indentations in their metallic exterior. At first, the robot seemed to have broken entirely, but some few seconds later it rebooted with an antagonistic red glow in its eyes. The robot immediately swung around, hauling its massive steel arm horizontally to strike down the dean and winning student to the floor.

It jumped down the stage, scanned the crowd with a blank face, then lurched forth to jab at the closest students watching. Many ran for their lives, some stood their ground and foolishly tried to fight back as they do in Karakura, but regardless, the police was called to properly take care of the situation. In the wait for police to arrive, the crowd fends for themselves in attempts to flee the danger while the robot ran wild with a mind of its own. Suddenly, a large portion of the department arrives with plans to dispatch the rampant robot. They each tried tranquilizing it, tasing it, but nothing worked.

Eventually, the commissioner (or some higher up) coordinated a unanimous attack by tasing the robot to fry its circuits (told in private messages to do so), and when they did so, the robot slowed its attacks and faultered to the floor, limp as a useless scrap of metal. The student who built it was distraught at the robot's "death", but was soon expelled shortly after. Victims are rushed to the hospital, but all is well in the end. The school board decides not to host anything similar to the Science Fair for a long time. . .

STEPS
  1. Players roleplay out their science fair stands and students go from booth-to-booth.
  2. College SLT announces the end of the fair and goes on the stand to announce the winner.
  3. The robot goes wild and attacks the students.
  4. Police come and try fighting the robot while the students and police try to avoid the robot’s attacks.
  5. Police tases the robot together and takes them out.
  6. Damage control; injured people are taken to the hospital and the student is expelled.

PLANNING
  1. Builders will need to build the stands and stage in the courtyard.
  2. Players in a PhD program will be selected for the event and are expected to prepare some kind of display for their stand.
  3. An event or staff member will be selected to play the student (if convenient, I, the event planner, will play them), and a college SLT member will have to plan a time convenient to them and the event participants.
  4. Police will be on and ready to respond, with a high ranking policeman being told to plan out a group taser shot toward the end of the event.

WHY THIS EVENT?

From my perspective, most of the school-based events I have seen are holiday dances and sports games between the Spartans and Bobcats; however, there is a lot more to school events than just dances and games. The Science Fair event adds diversity to the most important faction in the server and pushes attention to the students, as a school roleplay server should. It also rewards the players within the PhD program by involving them in events, and if the Science Fair is done annually like they are in real life, the event could breathe life to the centerpiece of the map. Regardless, with or without the creative impact of the event, it would be a nice change of pace that affects the greatest number of players at once.

Screenshot 2023-11-14 103030 (1).png

DETAILS

Audience
Event Type
Community; Government Faction
Major Event
Event
Roaming the seas of international waters are pirates untouched by civilization or the armies of superpower nations without a care for the Pacific Ocean. Somehow, pirate culture lives to this day, and one group calling themselves the Blue Marauders has successfully monopolized the oceans just beyond Asia's beaches. And yet, control over a pirate nation was not enough for Captain Garou. He knew there was no future for pirating and recognized the importance of established lands for his people. As his boats drifted through the ocean aimlessly, he made the decision to capture a city for himself and make a proper home for the crewmates at his side. The closest lands he knew of were along the coast of Japan, and Karakura was soon in his sights.

Horns blare and an arsenal of drums pound at a coordinated rhythm, bellowing past Karakura from the beach's shores. Heads perk up at the noise all across the city; any and all citizens capable of coming rush to the ocean to investigate the noise's origins. The waters trembled and an overwhelming, spine-chilling ambience fell upon the people of Karakura. As soon as any stepped onto the beach's sands, the onlookers would catch the sight of an armada of massive, classic wooden pirate ships with off-white sails decorated in a large black skull icon.

The mayor steps ahead and raises a megaphone to their lips, yelling into it to steal the attention of the pirates. He demanded an explanation, every hint of aggressiveness painting the attitude behind each word he spoke. Far into the sea, one ship ahead of them all blared a response by Captain Garou, announcing his role as the captain and sending his threats to take over Karakura by proclaiming himself the new ruler of the land. Petrified, the mayor offered a pause for parlay, beckoning the captain to the beach for civil conversation. A long pause followed before the captain returned the response, simply yelling "PARLAY!" back. Suddenly, Captain Garou and numerous trusted crewmates drop from the ship's sides and swim for the beaches.

With each step they made onto dry land, their boots squeaked and water dripped off their leathery clothes. Mayor Ezri steps up alongside whatever governors were available and some few policemen that arrived onto the scene, beginning negotiations. Uneducated in law and politics, the captain is unaware of the way nations are structured these days. Mayor Ezri threatens the full might of the Japanese army, flexing the superior numbers of a modern, wealthy nation. Realistically, no pirate should be able to take over an established city. . .

At a stalemate, the two parties agree to converse and reach some kind of agreement as to what would become of the pirates' journey, since taking over Karakura did not seem to be among the Blue Marauders' options. Pirates scatter along the sands of the beach and investigate the citizens of Karakura, learning of the modern world and its aesthetics. As Garou and Ezri continued to speak, the citizens and pirates interacted and explored each others' culture. Eventually, the two come to a conclusion, and instead, the invasion turns into a welcoming party for the pirates. From the ship, the pirates introduce the food and liquor they enjoy and offer it peacefully as a form of enjoyment without bloodshed. The night develops and the pirates' inventories empty with each passing second. They decide to say their goodbyes, then promptly waddle off-shore and doggy paddle to their ship, leaving Karakura safely.

STEPS
  1. Pirates arrive in an armada of ships.
  2. Pirates claim to take control of Karakura; government faction disagrees and debates with them.
  3. Pirates interact with playerbase as the mayor and captain speak of their visit.
  4. Karakura welcomes the pirates and enjoys a short party with them on the beach.
  5. The pirates are sent on their way into the ocean once more.

PLANNING
  1. Create a pirate ship design; only one design, but multiple copies will be recreated.
  2. Select staff members and event team members to play pirates.
  3. Organize a time and day with participants, including government faction workers available.
  4. Organize foods and fishing rods for a feast and fishing competition during the party.

WHY THIS EVENT?

Much of the map can be used for varying event types, and one not yet explored enough is the ocean, since there is a lot that can come from the sea. This includes, of course, pirates. It adds a new perspective as to what else lurks in the world of SchoolRP, and an expansive crew willing to talk to people adds a unique experience for each player as opposed to them simply watching events go by. It also introduces a new diplomatic role to the government faction by having them communicate with the pirates, providing them a new experience without requiring a private government faction event.

Additional notes:

Attachments

• image_2023-11-14_105617676.png
    image_2023-11-14_105617676.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Thank you for your application and congratulations! We're happy to welcome you as an event team member! You will receive your roles and all other information you need shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread