players online

English Professor Application

MowToTheMeow

Level 2
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
My Minecraft Username is RikuKyo.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I believe that I do not have any previous bans. However, there is potential that I may have experienced a temporary ban 4+ years ago, but this is long enough ago that I do not recall, and it definitely was not for anything major, if so.

What is your timezone?:
My timezone is EST.

What is your discord username and discriminator (e.g. Tippie#6666):
My discord name is Riku#5322.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I absolutely acknowledge that if I am inactive I will be demoted.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
On the server, I have recently become very active. I will continue to be active roughly every other day. On the forums, I am rarely active besides when I have a question that I am hoping to find the answer for. If you would like me to be more active on the forums, I can do so.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I played on this server for the first time many years ago, potentially 5 years ago. Right now, my character is a college student, and I think she became a college student about 4 years ago. I took a long break though, but I am back!

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
I do not have any previous applications on the server.

Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
My character is currently a college student.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
Of course, I would be lying if I acted like the salary was not a huge motivator for wanting a job. However, to dive into further reasons, I wish to be an adult on the server rather than a student, which was my initial motivation for looking into what these jobs entailed. My motivation for choosing to apply for the role of Professor versus any other job stems from the fact that this is the position that I am most educated on and feel as though I am most capable of. I specifically would like to become an English Professor because I believe I have superb writing skills, and to prepare for lectures, I will want to look up information about famous writers, which I think will be a fun experience to educate myself on these topics in real life.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs are the records that I need to make that show when I have held classes on the server. I need to show that I have held at least 15 classes each month. They are important because they show that I am actually doing my job and that I deserve my paycheck. I understand that I will not receive my paycheck if I am unable to fulfill this requirement.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
It would be my job as a Professor to ensure that all college students are behaving properly. Immaturity will not be tolerated. It would also be my job to maintain a professional and mature attitude myself. Additionally, no illegal or distracting items should be used during class.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):
SchoolRP is the only roleplay server that I have played on. My experience has been very positive, and I have tried several different personality types. I think this server has a more calming atmosphere than many other games, and it is something I enjoy both during the day and/or while winding down at night. All other roleplaying that I have done has not been on an actual roleplay server, but rather just small bits that I have done with friends. Roleplaying in general is a very diverse experience that can go in many different directions, and I have enjoyed all of my roleplaying experience.

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete, What is a College-Professor's salary?
College-Professors have to complete at least 15 classes per month, roughly 25 minutes each. A College-Professor's salary is ¥450,000 if 15-24 classes are completed and logged for the month, and the salary increases to ¥500,000 if at least 25 classes are completed and logged for the month. A College-Professor must complete classroom logs in order to receive recognition for each class. In addition to this, a College-Professor must complete the task of making sure they are prepared for class, and making sure that college students are following school rules.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?
Reyna Riku looks small, but well-put together, mature, and capable of directing an audience. She dyes her hair red as a form of self-expression and encourages other to feel free to express themselves as well. She views herself as someone that students can open up to, she is very open-minded and understanding of other people's perspectives. She is unique in the sense that she is very unbiased and can adjust herself to fit well into most groups. She thinks that her and other teachers have the ability to make students' minds blossom and to make her students become better people. She looks down upon teachers that do not care for the students who just view their jobs as work; although, she does not cause conflict with them. Her personality is gentle, and people are surprised to see that she is very introverted outside of the classroom. Her quietness makes people think she may be an easy target for bullying, but she can defend herself and others against bullies better than many extroverts can.

Her plan in the future is to watch her students succeed as they continue moving forward in school. She would like to be able to have her own property, and set her students up to be able to someday get their own property as well. She wants to take all the knowledge that she gains from teaching and the outside world to continuously improve herself and her living situation as time progresses. She wants to live her life accomplishing as many achievements as she can throughout the world.

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?
She will know that it is her job to make the members quiet down; however, she acknowledges that students can be quite rebellious and simply asking them to be quiet may have the opposite effect. She proceeds to ask them what all the hype is about, making herself seem interested in the conversation. If their only issue was their volume, she will continue conversing with them as their voices naturally end up matching her volume (her psychological knowledge sure comes in handy). If they are shouting about something that is not appropriate for school, she will apologize that she has to interrupt their conversation and ask them if they could pause their conversation until after they leave the school.

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?
She will tell the student that she feels personally disrespected and hope that this upfront honesty will cause them to want to do better. If this does not work, she will warn the student that she may have to inform someone of a higher position about their behavior, and that it will be out of her control how they handle it. She will tell the student it's up to them if they want to do that to themself. She will continue on hosting the class and act as if the disruption does not exist, ensuring that the rest of the students can still follow along.

Provide at least 3 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
The Professor smiles and looks at all the students to begin the lecture, waving at them to grab their attention... "Hello, lovely class!"

/me
The Professor looks around the room after asking a difficult question to see if the students are thinking hard about it.

/me
The Professor sees a student is stressed and goes over to them to help guide their thought process.

Backstory
Reyna Riku did not study much while she was a student. She was naturally intelligent, and she essentially relied on her natural memorization and interpretation skills to do well in school. She didn't love nor hate school, but she realized that the type of teachers she had heavily affect her enjoyment level within each class. Her enjoyment of the teacher and the class as a whole would affect how easy or difficult the class felt. She felt she learned most of her life lessons from teachers and school. Her parents did not do the best job raising her, so she appreciated it whenever a teacher seemed to genuinely care for their students. Eventually, she realized she was always trying to improve herself. She wanted to improve herself academically, morally, and ethically. She also wanted to spread this improvement onto others, which is what caused her to realize that becoming a Professor could be a great fit for her. Helping young adults that are about to enter the real world was a great way to improve society and learn so many new perspectives of life. Becoming a Professor was a great way for her to satisfy her passion as well as utilize her natural skills.

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Reyna Riku

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Riku

Given Name(s): N/A

Preferred Name: Miss Riku, or just Reyna

Religious Denomination: Agnostic

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Cambodian

Current Location: Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 2 years

Working Experience (# of years): 5 years

Academic Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English, Bachelor of Science in Mathematics

Year of Graduation: 2013

Major(s): English, Mathematics

Minors: None

Native Languages: Khmer, English

Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No

Preferred Teaching Subject: English, would also enjoy Mathematics

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
If you wish to hire someone else for this position but believe I would be a good fit elsewhere, I am open to other opportunities.

Do you have any questions?: Who should I contact if I have any question(s) in the future about my job?

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Welcome to the professor faction, the roles in-game & in discord will be given out shortly, more information about what's next will be provided in the #college-staff-chat channel. If you're not in the KA discord yet, join it via this link: https://discord.gg/AQdHkBHE

Users who are viewing this thread