Accepted English Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kakarotttt

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): Kakarotttt
Previous Bans: None

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes

Describe your activity on the server: I will be on at minimum 2 hours a day, at most I'll be on 6 hours.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes, but it's built into my laptop.

List your current and past applications: I've considered applying for a cheerleader before, but I didn't. This is my first application.

What is your motivation for applying?: I'm on the server quite often and I'm making this application so that I will play more often on the server. Perhaps 7/7 days a week, instead of about 6/7.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): Not very exciting. I normally joke with friends and attend classes when there are classes. I bought a rank, only 5 dollars, but I am planning on getting a better rank.
List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top: Trainee, Newly Qualified Teacher, Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills, Head of Department.

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? I would make the punishments of the smallest little acts less, well, bad. I wouldn't send them to detention, just give them a couple warnings first.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers teach students almost everything they need to know to get out into the real world. They try to teach them so they can get ahead in life, and lead a good one.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: The server wouldn't have a purpose, it's called "SchoolRP" which I assume people would think there's a school. If there weren't teachers, there would be no classes, and almost no purpose for the school. The more teachers, the merrier!

Describe the ranking system of teachers: Trainee - You are allowed to watch a teacher lead a class and learn from them. NQT - You are allowed to run a class with permission from the HD, you are allowed to make mistakes. QTLS - You can teach classes now, with a legitimate lesson plan. HD - You aren't likely to get this rank, but if you do you get to set-up lesson plans. It's the highest rank of teacher.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: MoSCo

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? Miss Katie appears with dark brown hair and bangs that hang off to the side of her tan-skinned face. Miss Katie is never found in casual clothing, or almost never. She is kind, and will give students a fair 5 warnings before being sent to detention, after class of course. Miss Katie knows how to be strict if needed. She loves students fairly and equally, and doesn't favor any. She thinks students are basically just adults, but miniature. Miss Katie treats students as adults, but doesn't when necessary. The other teachers to her are role models to students and are important to the students' education. Miss Katie is kind, fair, clumsy, odd, and even more. She wishes to become an HD someday, and is set on that.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would talk to them, being kind of course, and ask them to stop swearing. If they continue, I'd tell them the consequences, and if they still continue, I would give them a detention slip. If it happens again, repeatedly, I would involve the principal.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? I would try to get their attention by calling out, not too loud, "Class!" if they still wouldn't pay attention, I would try calling again, at least 5 times, then I would consider slapping a ruler on my podium to make a loud noise. Whoever kept chatting, I would give them a punishment. Detention would be the most effective.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act? Kind, Chill, Relaxed, Relieved to have a break. I would socialize with other teachers, and drink a soda, maybe eat a sandwich.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me gives students their assignment to read (Book)
/me writes the book report subject on the board and lists the books they may read
/me hands out books and tells (Student) to read the page
/me steps up on podium and motion for class to quiet down.
/me sits down at desk while class reads and grades tests

BACKSTORY

Miss Katie lived in a large 4-bedroom house for most of her childhood, she was born into a fairly wealthy family. She lived in California for a good amount of time. On her 6th birthday, her parents divorced, leaving Katie with her mother. She attended a boarding school until she was 13, then on the eve of her 14th birthday, she was moved to a local high school. She was teased for being weird, and she found her own group of friends. As she grew older, she focused on her education, and went to the nearest college. She lived in a small village at the time, and was still single. She didn't plan on getting married, so she didn't. She studied hard, she wanted to become an HD for almost all of her life. She graduated with a Master's Degree, finding out that her mother had died. She mourned her mother's death, and decided to move on. She got her own apartment, and lived there for a while. Her father died of old age soon after she got her apartment, and she inherited some money, being an only child. She gave the money to charity, and thought she would move out of the fast food business. She started to study again, even though she was finished with school, to become a teacher. She was offered a job at the local high school, and she thought very hard about it. Katie decided to have a trial run, and she worked there for about a week. She was not pleased with the school, and she then moved to Japan in look of another school. She found a suitable school, Taketatsu high, and is currently wait anxiously for her application to be accepted. She hoped she gets in, but it's fine if she doesn't.

IN CHARACTER
(
Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Kathryn Jane
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Kate, Katie
Preferred Name: I let my students call me Miss Katie. Anyone else can call me Katie.

Religious Denomination: None
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Californian
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 0
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: University of California

Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Reading, Literature
Minors: Science, Math

Native Languages: None
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: English

Additional notes about your application (if any): I wasn't completely sure how to fill out one, sorry if it's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread