Do you have a microphone?:
Yes.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

UTC

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes.

Describe your activity on the server:

I’m on 5-8 hours daily, weekends I am offline.

Do you have any previous bans?:

N/A

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

N/A

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

[17][Grade-12]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

English

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

It’s a different experience then the usual Role-Play that I take part in. It adds a new perspective on Role-Play for me as a whole and I want to try it out. The times I showed up to the classes were fun and I might have learned random things in an environment where almost anything is possible, so I want to experience it from the side of teaching instead of learning.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

I understand fully and if I am accepted I will do my best on showing up everyday.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher Class Logs are a way of not only showing activity for the teacher to hand in to Higher-Ups, but also to show lessons already complete and follow

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
  • Only raise your hand when in doubt, otherwise refrain from talking while the teacher is talking. Warnings will be given.
  • If a student acts disruptive during class hours, a warning will be made giving the student a chance to redeem themselves. If they continue to ignore the said warning the student may be removed from the classroom.
  • All cellular devices should be turned off. If caught using a phone, this will be confiscated until the end of the period.
  • Any form of harassment or disrespect, may it be verbal or non-verbal will earn the student a detention ticket.
What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
My experience in Role-Play is pretty limited to SeriousRP as well as taking my character’s role and age into the RP making sure it’s a realistic decision they would make.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning:

Head of Department
↳ Description:
Head of the Department, the person you can come to with questions as well as difficulties. They have been working in their subject for awhile, and very qualified for their job.

- QT
↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
Very comfortable with students, and have been teaching for a few years.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description:
They have been working with students for a while and are comfortable teaching, but still learning.

- UT
↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description:
A teacher who has just been accepted and has very little to no experience teaching.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers earn a salary of 300,000 yen if they've completed the minimum 15 classes a month. They can earn ¥50,000 by working overtime, which is an extra 5 classes they perform on top of the pre-existing 15. They're allowed to log and write down a maximum of 3 classes per day. The teacher's job IC'ly and OOC'ly is to make sure students are getting the required amount of education to pass High School. They are there to make sure the students are doing well and they can do this by making activities fun, but also still having an educational purpose around it.

As a whole, most teachers teach like they are rushing something to get way ahead of the curriculum which shouldn’t be so easily allowed. A teacher should take their time with students but not teach too slowly to get behind, but at a good pace so revision can occur near the ending of class. In a teacher's spare time, they should get most of their important work such as grading and lesson planning out of the way, but also make time for family as they are what keep most teachers going, same with the students.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Teachers are important to SchoolRP, because they add another layer of Role-play and SeriousRP. This is just to balance the time spent in and out of school on the server, so people have a reason to go to the school instead of risking warnings and going outside of school. Role-play inside the school is done by teachers and other staff members being present, and giving the students time to Role-play asking where things are as well as doing assignments. The teachers are also there to stop fights from constantly breaking out in school, as if those are to happen all the time it would be an environment that is just constant insults. The teachers are basically just a balance for the Role-play happening inside school grounds.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The School operates on a 'MoSCo' which represents ‘Must have, Should have, Could have’.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?

Runako Atkinson would be a male standing at around 6 foot 2 with tanned skin. His face would hold a serious expression along with light green eyes and teal hair. His attire would be a green shirt along with black pants and a chain belt. His mood was always joyful, but he was serious at times when needed. He isn't very strict, and he likes to be lenient with students. Runako only gives detention to students that are misbehaving and constantly breaking rules.

He treats students like adults, talking to them professionally and checking up on them whenever they're inside school. He looks at them like they're the future, the new generation but they need to be taught how to follow a good and healthy path. Runako is always ready to help a student after school, especially when he believes they are the future. He thinks students just need a push to become the better version of themselves, and inspire them to gain knowledge and maybe become a teacher later on in life.

Runako looks at other teachers as friends awaiting to be made. He knows he can become friends with them and laugh with them while in and out of work. He's very kind and is always looking out for others. Runako is someone who can always be talked to about anything and he's very understanding. He is always ready to talk to someone that is in need and he will make time for them. Ever since he was young he's wanted to be a doctor, but he took more of an interest in science due to his fascination with space and as well as physics. He also wants to teach others how to become a better version of themselves, either emotionally or physically, but he is always wanting to make sure someone's mental health is doing good.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I walk up to them, calmly asking them to explain the situation as well as to stop yelling and swearing. I tell them that if they continue they will get detention after school. After understanding the situation, depending on the severity I will let the students involved off with a warning, or if it’s more intense then I will give them detention to think about their actions.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I would yell, ordering everyone to pay attention before telling them IC’ly “You came to this class so why are you all not interested? If you want to be here then stay otherwise get out.”

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

My character would be friendly with everyone that walked into the lounge, laughing with some of them and getting to know his co-workers a bit more. Most likely he’d talk about his class and how it went, while making coffee and pulling out some food he had brought for break.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Grabbed the students phone from their hands, walking over to his desk and opening his drawer, placing it in there before closing it and speaking. “See me after class and you will get your phone back.”

/me He stood at his desk, putting his glasses back on as he skimmed through the paper checking for any misspellings and anything out of order, before handing back the paper with a firm nod while saying “It’s amazing! Keep up the good work.”

/me Walked over to the student, leaning down and starting to circle key words listed on the paper, before underlining misspelled words and saying “Can you do the rest?” while standing over them.

/me Pulling out a pencil from the mug that was placed on his desk opening a notepad as he started to jolt down a few words which read (detention during lunch at the back of school; misbehaving” before raising it to the student.

Backstory

Runako Atkinson was born in Osaka Japan, where he was raised by his African and English Father, and a Japanese mother. They were always strict on him, but they wanted him to have a good education so they gave him limited time on his phone. During Primary School he was a very outspoken person. He was always communicating with his teachers and making sure he understood what he was learning. After school he would go to private tutoring to get help on his work. He learned to do his work by himself and was gaining knowledge in class but still went to tutoring to get a recap on everything he had learned. This would shape his future by teaching him to make time for everything and if he had to put things to the side then he would.

After he finished Primary and Middle School where he had been top of his class', he went into High School nervous but ready. He had a private space at home for studying and was always on top of everything he had to do. Runako had few friends, but those friends were his study group for after school to help each other on the subject they might’ve been struggling or confused in. He was a lot more silent in High School than he was in Primary and Middle School, due to being more focused on his education. His time was spent studying harder and trying to be the best in his class as well as passing. In the three years he did High School, he graduated and passed the top third of his class and said he was ready to move onto bigger things.

Runako was a dedicated student, clearly very interested in knowledge and ready for College. He applied for Osaka University, setting his sights on getting a degree. He did 8 years in total to get his Bachelors in Secondary Education, to Major in English and Astronomy, and to Minor in Occupational Psychology, Mathematics, and Physics. He took his time, going to work a part time job during College to pay for parts of his tuition, as he saved some more up to buy his own house after College hoping he’d move out soon.

After graduation, he waited a year before going to apply to become a private tutor for students after school which had been done to him. He really liked teaching students, and he thought of becoming a teacher. He pushed the idea off for a year, before finally looking around for High Schools that were desperate for English Teachers. He finally set his sights on Karakura High School, in Japan. He wrote his application mailing it in as he waited, he didn't have much since he had still been saving his money and paying a portion of rent for his parents since he lived in their house. He saved up enough money knowing if he was accepted he could make his way to Karakura, ready to teach the students that he could possibly shape them into becoming a teacher just like him.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Runako Atkinson

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr

Given Name(s):
Razi, Raz

Preferred Name:

Raz

Age (Minimum is 27):

Male

Religious Denomination:

Not committed to any Religion as of this time.

Marital Status:

I am currently single.

Nationality:

English, Japanese, and half African

Current Location:

I reside in Osaka, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:

Bachelor’s Degree, PhD

Year of Graduation:

College, 2018

Major(s):

English, Astronomy

Minors:

Occupational Psychology, Physics, and Mathematics

Native Languages:

Japanese, English

Other Languages:

I do not speak any additional languages as of now.

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

I do not.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:
N/A

Do you have any questions?:

If accepted, who builds the classrooms and do I have any say in what they look like? Also when would I get perms to the classroom I would be occupying?

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 344
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
-
Unfortunately there are no spots left in the English department, alongside this a few of your questions could do with a little extra detail, including: "In detail, describe the Teacher ranking system", "Scenarios". Aside from this it's a pretty decent applicant
- Make sure you've read all of the information provided, teachers in-game earn a salary of ¥450,000 (up to ¥500,000 for going the extra mile). All information for Highschool Teacher can be found on the Teacher | Format, Information & More & SCHOOL | Explanation, Requirements & more or by researching online

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread