mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted English Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korilakkuma

Level 0
IGN (In Game Name): _Korilakkuma_
Previous bans: I've done multiple school roleplays, but I have never been banned from them.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes, I understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents.
Describe your activity on the server:
I'm on for 2-4 hours mostly, I do spend a lot of time on the server.
Do you have TeamSpeak3?
No, but I have downloaded it before, so if you need me to contact you, I can quickly download it.
Do you have a microphone?
No, I apologize.
List your current and past applications:
I haven't applied for a teacher role before.
What is your motivation for applying?:
I want to share my knowledge to others, I enjoy writing, along with poems. I like how when you read a book, a clear vision or picture comes into your mind of how it is, it intrigues me. I've also noticed how there's not many classes daily, or even none, I was hoping that I could possibly help change that, in summary, I would love to teach English, it's fascinating how they can learn from your perspective.
Have you read the megathread for Teachers?
Yes, I read them carefully.
Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise):
My dad teaches English at very popular university, I would sometimes come into his class, and I was amazed. Recently, I've been reading the exam papers he has to mark, and I have to say, it has caught my attention.
List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers?
Yes, I have.
From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that?
Honestly, the teachers are perfect, I wouldn't change them, but I have noticed how there are not many classes throughout the day, or even none, I understand it's very hard to plan, and have the time to come online. But if I could change something, I would make it so there's a good amount of classes daily.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. To become a high school teacher, you must complete a Bachelor's degree, they must share their knowledge and what the world knows, and give the students a perspective of their subject, they make a fair amount of money, and aim to make the students successful, they prepare them for when they are alone in the 'wild'.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server:
Without teachers, a SchoolRP wouldn't count, there wouldn't be any lessons, making it pointless to have a school.
Describe the ranking system of teachers:
Trainee (Trainee): Trainee is the newest you can get, you're only Trainee for a few days. And you don't have permission to start up new classes. You must come into classes come into lessons and sit down ,make sure to ask them first, and start to learn from them.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): You are now more advanced than a trainee teacher and you have the correct qualifications to start a lesson. But before teaching you must check the roleplay documents to see what you're suppose to be teaching. If there are no lessons yet then tell another teacher. You don't need to follow lesson plans by the book, but you must cover some key parts mentioned in it.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): As a QTLS you're a normal teacher now. You can freely start lesson now but you must discuss and organize when it will be with other teachers. You're allowed to let trainee's into your class, but you can not train them yet.

Head of Department (HD): It's unlikely to reach this stage but if there is already an HD they can offer you to be Co-HD. As HD you must decide what's lessons your department is going to teach. If you want to get even higher than HD you can apply for Senior Leadership Team too.
What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The lesson planning system that the school works on is the MoSCo system. MoSCo stands for Must have, Should have, and Could have.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Lana has a sweet, calm and understanding personality, she has dusty rose hair, with brown-green eyes, she is determined for her students, and is very passionate about her job. She wants to inspire her students to write, to make it so that she can imagine it with her very own eyes, when she was younger, she looked up to her teacher, and realized how devoted they are to their job, so she decided to take a English teacher job, she likes to make them work hard, yet entertained.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
I would give them a warning, and if they don't take it seriously and did something even worse, they would be sent to the Principal's office.
No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?
I would wait a while until they realize how much time they're wasting, or possibly make them have less time to do their assignment. (Most teachers actually do this, from experience.)
When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
She is kind and respectful to them, listening and understanding on their conversations, while carefully planning her work.
Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Writes a poem with a passionate glance like true magic.
/me Hands out homework, knowing deep inside they enjoy it.
/me Gives the exam papers with a supportive look.
/me Scrubs the board quickly, and fiddles the chalk with her finger, as life flashes into her, she writes it down, faster than imagined.
BACKSTORY
Lana Rose grew up in a strict family, she wasn't allowed to do things normal children were allowed to do, however, she spent most of her time in the library, going through book and book. She was fascinated when she saw her father at her desk, with a quiet glance, she loved the way he taught, she wanted to be just like him. No, better. Lana was a child prodigy, surprising her teachers. Around the age of 22, she had already
completed her Bachelor's Degree, her family was shocked, and finally gave her the respect and love she deserved, they were finally proud of her. She moved to Japan in the hopes of a successful future, as she pressed her feet against the cherry blossom trees, she smiled gracefully at the school, ready to show everything she worked hard for.

IN CHARACTER

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Lana Rose
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss.
Given Name(s): Lana
Preferred Name: Lana

Religious Denomination: None.
Marital Status: Not married.

Nationality: English
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):2
Working Experience (# of years):3

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree in English.

Year of Graduation:2004
Major(s): English
Minors: Psychology

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Preferred Teaching Subject:
Tesol Certificate.

Additional notes about your application (if any):
Thank you for taking your time to read my application, it took me a while, but I'm determined for this!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread