sigmamah

How old are you? (Optional)

19 years old (20 in September)

What is your time zone?:

CEST

Describe your activity on the server:

Active, on at least 1 hour per day, if not more

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

Yes, for mediocre ERP during last year (2022-08-26).
Link for Ban-appeal: https://schoolrp.net/threads/ennords-ban-appeal.54251/

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Of course

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

A receptionist is the first face you see as you enter the school itself. They sit behind a booth and are always active and ready for action. They help with direction, appointments, ticket reward distributions/handouts, providing school information and should generally have an aura of comfort, making you feel confident to walk up to. They should know all the paths and parts, offices and group rooms, or just any specific part of the school with confidence and preciseness. They also have a responsibility of delivering messages, news or tickets/rewards to the correct person, both to school employees and students. At times they support teachers and professors during their shifts and classes. To their co-workers they should be seen as friends or just simple co-workers, but to visitors and students, the receptionist should be seen as someone they can trust and someone they are not shy to approach. Receptionists can write schedules if asked and generally help around the school if called for or needed.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have quite a lot of roleplay experience. My first time roleplaying was by dressing in real life to simple roleplay and character making in skype. I started roleplaying in minecraft on a FNAF-server, running around and doing very simple actions, which I thought I could do when I moved to SRP. I thought it would be as simple and that I could use my older methods of roleplaying, but you need to express yourself more and make the characters feel alive. I have learned to detailRP the environment but also the emotions, actions and reactions of the character I am playing. This server is not some random server you can just join and do whatever you want to on, you are a part of community and if you want to keep being a part of it and actually enjoy it, you have to learn its rules and how to act. I have been playing SRP for one and a half years and have learnt a lot about all types of roleplaying. All from: CombatRP, DetailRPs, simple actions and complicated actions. All of these new types of methods of roleplaying has helped my roleplaying-skills evolve. I started off by doing simple actions to nowadays being able to express a lot of what my character is doing, saying and acting out. SRP provides more expansion when it comes to roleplay, so during my one and a half years I have learned a lot and I am ready for a much bigger challenge and I cannot wait to make my character be a part of the school faculty.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

I have been longing to grow up my one and only character I play. I have been playing him for around one and a half years now. I have been playing him from grade 6 to college (bachelor) and he has gone through a lot of maturing and completion. My original idea was to make him a psychiatrist, or have him work in the EMS. But as he kept growing into a full character I feel like he would fit more as a guidance and trustworthy person. Not someone who is practically locked in one place, he can still move around the school and interact with students and will do so thanks to his kind and gentle personality. I am also looking for a challenge. I have been given every single opportunity to work at a lot of stores around Karakura but, to me, being a cashier is getting a bit easy and thus I would like a challenge where I can interact more and where I am not locked in doing one thing. A more interactive environment. I choose to apply for the role of ‘receptionist’ because I think it would fit what I am looking for. First of all; the school and working at Karakura academics is a very interactive roleplay field. Second; my character would really fit the role. He is a hard working man, he has worked in multiple shops and if he screws up, he always finds a way to fix the problems. I am a fan of helping people too, as an add-on. I imagine and have seen that it can be very fun to work as a receptionist. I know you are looking for new faces and spirits and I really hope that I can be a part of the school employee faction as a neat addition.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Accepted applications/appeals:
Height application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/ennord-height-application.57709/
Thai application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/thai-application-ubur-h-nguey-k.55977/
Finnish application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/finnish-application-tahomaru-vinnman.49363/

Denied applications/appeals:
Ban appeal: https://schoolrp.net/threads/ennords-ban-appeal.54251/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

College Bachelor

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Tahomaru would stand tall, he may be soft and gentle but he does not take insults that he did not deserve. His face turned solid, his eyes slowly built an intense and stinging glare towards the student. He would crouch to get to the student's level and held up a finger. And with a toned down voice he would delicately say: “You better move along before you get a warning or something more sincere, you know exactly what you are doing and you know what I can do. If you want to do us both a favor, then move along.”As the student moved along he huffed, calming down. His stern face turned soft again and he ran a hand through his hair, moving on from the situation. He remembers the student in case of future events.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

I am suspecting that Tahomaru is sitting behind the front desk, sipping some coffee. He is always on his guard, he notices all the screaming and yelling but also the eyes of the other students that are not partaking in the fight, the “bystanders”. He leans over his desk and halts the person he is interacting with, a fight in the hallway is much more important and must be prioritized. He politely tells the person that needs help to hold on and he leaves the booth. Tahomaru walks over, or runs depending on how brutal the fight is, to the students fighting. While making his way to the fight he takes out his radio and notifies the other school faculty of the fight before he intervenes. He can very clearly be seen due to his height (7'5ft) and as he arrives he makes sure he is noted by the students by yelling a stern “HEY.”. Without any hesitation he grabs the students and separates them while also telling them to: “SEPARATE. NOW.”. If needed, he would place his huge body in between them. After the situation has calmed down he takes out his radio, notifying other school faculty of the fight situation; that they have been separated so far.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Tahomaru immediately reaches for his radio and asks for advice from his co-workers. He explains about the co-worker and what they are doing in case there is a backstory to the situation. Let’s say there is none and this is unpredictable. Tahomaru would then place a hand on the co-workers shoulder and pull them back. During this time he has called for back-up from his co-workers over the radio. He keeps talking to the co-worker causing problems, asking them questions such as; What is going on? Why are you doing this? Did something happen? Etc. If the co-worker is non-cooperative he springs into action and tries to lock the co-worker in place, preventing them from doing any more harm. Once the other co-workers arrive they all figure the situation out and get rid of the problem.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Tahomaru is a soft giant so if you are his fellow co-worker he would not hesitate to break the ice and start a conversation. He really appreciates both listening and talking, he is a person that enjoys even the vaguest company, a very interactive man. When you first come in you are hit with the smell of a soft cologne, or coffee depending on how rough the school day has been. When you eye the source of the smell you see him hovering over a book or a phone. If there already are people in there, he is a part of the conversation, trying to lighten the weight and mood of everyone that enters. Striking conversation is easy for him and he is very concerned about people, both young and old. He would simply wave you over and beam a gentle smile, asking if you would like to take a coffee with him.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

Morning:

/me tapped on his desk as he heard it in the distance. He would move his gaze up from his open book, he had been reading for a long while now. He was eyeing the masses of children roaring through the gates in the distance. He’d beam a gentle smile, mostly to express his inner and secret joy, at the smiling faces running up the stairs and spreading out in time into the school. As the masses started piling up in front of his desk, as they usually do during the mornings just before breakfast, he straightened his back and closed his book, ready for a new school day.

In the employee break room:

/me would lift his gaze from his phone, seeing his co-worker walking into the employee break room. He’d study their actions, perhaps they had a quarrel with one of the students or was mad. He watched their movement and studied their face, making sure it was okay for him to approach. When he noticed that the co-worker was huffing and puffing, not really on their best at the moment he would walk over and lean over their shoulder; “Is everything well, did something happen?” a smile was beamed to the co-worker when they turned around “May I pay for your coffee? You can tell me what happened if you’d like.”

During a fellow co-workers class:

/me sat in the corner of the classroom and watched his co-worker attending the class. He’d look out over the class, watching all the young faces and thought about what was going through their heads as they listened to this marvelous presentation the co-worker was doing. He leaned back and kicked a leg up to his chest, sitting more comfortably while also taking notes in his head about who was behaving and not.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):

Tahomaru Vinnman

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr

Preferred Name:
Tahomaru

Age (Minimum is 25):

Academic Degree: B.A
Major(s): Behavior & Culture
Minors: Writing & Art

Nationality:
Finnish

Known Languages:
Finnish
Thai
Japanese

Backstory

Tahomaru Vinnman was born in Finland and fathered by Micheal Vinnman and mothered by Noinokata Sakamoto. A quite tall Finnish family. Tahomaru's dad stood at a 7’3ft during his teenage and adultery periods. The parents decided that they would use the father's surname for the young Tahomaru due to the fathers desire for a “manly” elder son. The day Tahomaru was born his mother took an immediate liking to him. He got smothered with love and turned soft in time, always helping around the house. His daily routine consisted of: cleaning, washing the dishes, making the beds and cooking. Tahomaru was the first to do every task if his mother asked for help. Powered by his mothers love and affection he greeted every day with a smile and helped people on the poor streets of his hometown. His hometown, named "'Lentävänniemi", was at the time one of the poorest towns in Finland. Even though his apartment was closely constructed by the mid-lake named “Näsiselkä '', he never went to bathe or play. He only helped around the house which pissed his father off. Leaving Tahomaru in Noinokatas care only softened him even more which eventually led to Tahomaru’s father losing hope in his eldest son.

A few years later, Biwamaru Vinnman was born. Tahomaru often looked down on his younger brother, staring at his wrinkly little face. One day he stared at him with wonder and reached a hand out to grab onto his little brother's hand. Tahomaru then felt the small hand wrap around his hand and made a decision; he would never allow anything to happen to his brother.

Biwamaru grew up fast and started walking. He had started walking way earlier than what Tahomaru had done which stole his parents attention. Tahomaru did not mind the change in the household. He did not mind the hungry Biwamaru screaming in the middle of the night, he was the one to take care of him. His father usually snapped at Tahomaru for being so kind, yelling at him for picking flowers and cooking for the family. But that did not stop him from spreading kindness to those around him and after the tragic death of his mother and his father leaving him, Tahomaru and Biwamaru parted ways. Biwamaru moved to Karakura and Tahomaru moved to the bigger city at the age of 18, studying at a university and getting a B.A (Bachelor of Arts (BA) at the age of 24. During his time at University he worked hard to keep the small scrub of an apartment he had managed to get a hold of. He was growing at a rapid phase too, so he would often get back pains but still made it through.

Biwamaru, who moved to Karakura, found himself fitting right in with the dark and deeply twisted gang organizations. He would hardly call Tahomaru and send vague messages, one day he did not make it and got killed off due to unknown reasons. Tahomaru fell into a deep grief and took a few years to work his problems off. He would slowly realize that it was pointless to think about the past and at the age of 27 he devoted himself to getting a job at a school. He got loads of requests and applications but one stood out. Karakura high school and college. The exact city, exact country and exact place of his brother's passing. He could not deny his urges and his curiosity and decided to apply, leading us to today.

Motivation for Joining KHS:

After losing my mother and my brother I felt empty. I have always cared for my brother and helped my mother around the house. I always wanted to be the one to help and care, so it is only natural that I am drawn to this job. I adore' younglings' and being in a social job environment is a demand when I choose a job. I feel like Karakura highschool is the perfect place for me to work at because of the amazing town itself. There are always things to do and people to turn to. The school itself is not that much different from the town, it contains all the needs for a child. Both help such as tutors and teachers but also librarians and receptionists. The school is structured and has simple rules to follow, in which I wish to partake in. The employees are strict and well behaved, they also create connections with students and make friends on the way. I wish to be a part of this wonderful job environment and to maybe add a little more kindness and freshness to the school.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I really like to work with students and children. I am empathetic and have a good attitude on life and have a good record, clean. I am good at adapting and I am always striving for the best outcomes during dodgy situations or encounters. I have good working experiences and have been suggested to a few schools but chose this one because I see potential in it. I want to be a role model and a wing that children can feel safe under, I would like to make them see school as a fun thing and something to look forwards to. Maybe they do not look forwards to meeting.. me but I would still love to see the passion in the students eyes as they walk through those gates! I also want to share my kindness with the students of the school so that they maybe can have someone to look up to but mostly to feel safe around. Maybe they have a lot on their mind or maybe they just have a bad day, no matter the cause, I will still be there for the troubled ones that need someone to look after them. I have heard from friends that I am quick witted and that I can spot when something is about to escalate. I have got this vision thanks to experience and different situations. Nonetheless, I cannot wait to see all the happy smiles of the students and the co-workers I will meet.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Extra

Take your time!

Additional notes about your application: I am a little nervous.
Do you have any questions?: None so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread