Sexual Orientation
Bi-Romantic Asexual
Religious Beliefs
Agnostic with a keen interest in Buddhism, Shintoism, and Christianity
Political Beliefs
Inclined towards The Social Democratic Party and Reiwa Shinsengumi Party

Erik Finster.png
Appearance
Erik is a subtly captivating blend of his Swiss and Japanese heritage. The average height and lithe build mask an unassuming strength, a facet of his personality that often goes unnoticed in the hustle and bustle of everyday life. His sable-black hair, slightly shaggy and often obscuring his sight, frames an almond-shaped face carrying hints of his mother's Japanese lineage.

His attire reflects an affinity for American Ivy League style, often seen sporting a white shirt, checkered pants, and black shoes, accompanied by thick prescription glasses that give him an intellectual air. His skin, a soft almond hue with occasional transitions to a light beige, perfectly encapsulates his mixed heritage.

Personality
At first, mild-tempered and mousy - Erik reveals himself as a study in understated charisma. His shy, reserved demeanor betrays an intriguing blend of Swiss and Japanese heritage. Despite a stammer that clouds his speech, Erik's voice carries a melody of soft tones that command attention, captivating those who take a moment to truly listen. His gentle nature, reflected in his thoughtful head tilts and genuine smiles, belies a depth and complexity that only reveals itself to the patient observer.

Diseases/Illness
Speech Impediment (Stammering)
Bronchial Asthma (chronic)
Myopia (short-sightedness)
Pollen and Animal hair Allergies
Character Voice
"Y-yeah! I'd like that. L-Let me grab my bag and w-we can head out to the Rotasu Music S-store!"
"I-I'd advice against s-such q-quantitative consumption o-of r-raw potatoes. . . . ."
"Sorry, a- uh-... I have to... go now. M-maybe we can talk-k s--some uh- ... tomorrow?
"Th-Thanks! I- I'm-... It's appreciated!"
"Oh- y-you mean uh- my speech im-m-pediment? No. I'm uh- I'm fine! Really."
"I don't mind. Uhm- th-the bathroom is upstairs, I-if you need to freshen up!"
"P-people in th-t-the city are intense!"
Equipment
Erik usually carries a school bag containing a handheld voice recorder, a purple umbrella, and a selection of books. A lunch box with a few apple slices completes his everyday essentials. Keeping his bank card and important documents secure at his apartment, Erik travels light, carrying only minimal cash.
Clothes
White Shirt, Checkered Pants, Black Tie, Black Shoes, Black-rimmed Glasses
Hobbies
Swimming
Camping
Ocean Biology
Crime Mysteries
Occultism
Napping
Poetry
Serious Problems/Flaws/Addictions/Disorders/Disabilities
Erik grapples with social anxiety, leading to panic attacks that occasionally culminate in dissociative fugue and fainting.

Skills
Writing
Mathematics
Encryption
JSL
Querks
Belying his mild-mannered exterior, Erik possesses a quick wit and deep mind. However, his social ineptitude often limits his comfort zone, restricting the depth and range of his social interactions.
Family
Erik's father [Victor A. Finster] is a CEO at the Mori Fudosan Corporation with Swiss heritage, and his mother [Riko Mori] was a Japanese ballet dancer, hailing from Karakura City, who currently works as a librarian in the local school. Erik has a loud-mouthed older sister and a younger half-sister, who remains a quiet presence in his life, and a few beloved cousins. Ties to extended family on Karakura Island are strained due to past familial drama.

Family Members represented by player characters
DongMoon | Hana Mori-Finster | Eriks' big sister
ElignoreYou
| Riko Mori | Eriks' mother

eeeee.png

Friends
In the bustling cityscape of Karakura, Erik Finster moves through his days with a quiet grace, treading a path that is marked not by grandiose gestures or significant events but by the small, intimate moments he shares with a select few. His world, seemingly inconspicuous and unassuming, is built on the foundation of a handful of friendships he cherishes deeply.

Melora M.
Erik's oldest friend in Karakura, their friendship a constant in the swirling seas of adolescent life. Always curious, Melora possesses a distinct fascination for the city's secrets, its hidden corners and unseen narratives. Despite her urban interests, she harbors a deep appreciation for the serenity of the Onsen in the mountains.
Sakura Nakazumi (Eriks' Significant Other)
Tall and soft-spoken, Sakura Nakazumi mirrors a cherry blossom - tranquil, delicate, yet deeply resilient. Her shyness masks a wealth of culinary skills, her passion for cooking and baking often delighting those around her. Sakura's timid, reserved nature resonates with Erik's own mild temperament, creating an understanding that goes beyond spoken words. She is Eriks first ever girlfriend. (Dating since Valentines 2024)
Jasmine R.
Erik's roommate, Jasmine Riley, hails from Canada. A hearing-impaired ex-drummer, Jasmine has an inspiring story of resilience and perseverance. Their shared living space often buzzes with the gentle tapping of Jasmine's drumming fingers, a rhythmic background that mirrors the unique rhythm of their friendship.
Ashley, Raizy, Marse, and Co.
Ash the academic, Raizy the Rizz, and Marse the majestic dragon are long-time acquaintances of Erik. Their encounters are often set against the backdrop of the school library, amid hushed whispers and the comforting scent of old books. They are a weird bunch, but in all the good ways.
Niki Nakamura
The somewhat shy brazilian girl endears herself with an open heart and undiluted happiness. Ever since she became a mother, Eriks' respect for this warm-hearted class-mate only grew, into an open admiration.
Hana Mori-Finster
Eriks' sibling transitioned a few years ago and works at establishing a decent relationship with him. They both suffered from their own complexities growing up. Only in Eriks' late teen years does he start to trust them again.
Goemon Asogi
The seasoned general attorney of Karakura considers Erik an online friend, which Erik honors. Erik collects newspaper cut-outs from Goemons court exploits.
J. ‘Karl’ M. A. Stark
Karl is a cheerful presence in Eriks' life. Although Erik is hard pressed to match Karls' enthusiasm and energy, he still trusts and appreciates him deeply.
The Collective, The Panopticon, KUERT, and the New Occult Club
A bunch of truth-seeking nerds that appreciate the weird nature of the city.
Scarlet Rose, Lara Chisaki, Jay Kushiguro, and Co.
Despite their idiosyncrasies, or perhaps because of them, Erik has developed an affinity for this eclectic group. Their oddities have become a source of comfort and amusement to him, their eccentricities weaving a colourful tapestry of interactions that Erik finds himself being fond of.
M. Drew
Drew is a bit of an enigma wrapped in the ordinary life of a school colleague. Drews introspective qualities, paired with his steadfast resolve to not be a burden, endears him to those who know him closely. Even after moving away from being Eriks' next door neighbour, he is still cherished.
Abby Jane
Despite her absence, the memories of her remain, imbuing Erik's recollection of his early years in Karakura with a sense of fondness and nostalgia.

eriiik.png

Backstory
Born in the ancient city of Kyoto to a Swiss father and a Japanese mother, Erik Finster was a precocious child. His intellect was discernible from a young age, easily outpacing his peers. This giftedness, while a blessing in many ways, often left him feeling detached from the kids his age. He quickly grew bored at Kyoto International School, his mind constantly yearning for something more challenging than the curriculum it offered. Recognizing his need for an environment that could stimulate him, his mother, a former resident and high-school alumni of Karakura, decided to send him there to attend Karakura High School. She believed this change would present Erik with the diverse challenges he craved.

Family
Despite his intellect, Erik's personal life was more nuanced. He had an older brother, a subject he avoided discussing, their relationship shrouded in an unspoken complexity. However, his Swiss cousin was a different story. Erik adored his cousin, whose vivacious life brimmed with unapologetic self-expression, multi-lingualism, and an array of hobbies. The cousin's trans/gay identity was another facet of their vibrant personality that Erik admired, their confidence and authenticity serving as a source of inspiration for him.

Family dynamics, however, were a sore spot for Erik. His mother's marriage to a Swiss foreigner had strained the familial relations with her side of the family. This rift, although painful, added another layer to Erik's complex life story, shaping him into the multi-faceted individual he is today.

Passions
Although Erik didn't subscribe to beliefs in the metaphysical, he held a keen interest in the supernatural. His fascination was piqued by tales of ghosts, cryptids, parallel dimensions, and otherworldly phenomena. His mother, herself a spiritual woman, further amplifyed Erik's intrigue.
Erik also had a penchant for the arts, especially music. He played the clarinet with a proficiency that revealed a natural talent. In the realm of academics, he excelled particularly in the field of cryptography, math, and science with an ease that belied his age.
He greatly appreciates minerals, collecting a variety of precious gems and lackluster stones, from simple quartz to tanzanite.
Another collection are his box of newspaper articles, ranging from detective and crime stories, to mentions of mysterious events.

Despite the difficulties and peculiarities, Erik navigates his life with a quiet resilience, continuously learning and evolving, always ready for the next chapter of his fascinating journey.

sggsgsr.jpg

Last edited:

Mialyansa

Level 63
Those are some wholesome drawings. I like knowing more about interesting characters and reading a well-organised and unique biography makes the experience even better

ilovemyplane

Level 93
ilovemyplanex2
ilovemyplanex2
Omega+
TWO THINGS.
ONE, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOUR WRITING AND CHARACTER AS A WHOLE
TWO, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE LITTLE BOARD THINGS FOR CHARACTER INFO???????

ErikFinster

Level 121
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
TWO THINGS.
ONE, I ABSOLUTELY ADORE YOUR WRITING AND CHARACTER AS A WHOLE
TWO, HOW DO YOU MAKE THE LITTLE BOARD THINGS FOR CHARACTER INFO???????
Thank you!That's very sweet of you!(ノ*゜▽゜*)I do write copy professionally!And play roleplay since 2007!
The little board things?They are called ''Table''Use ''Insert Table'' up there!It's next to "Quote"It looks structured, right?

ErikFinster

Level 121
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
did you draw this your self,if so your character looks cool.
No, I used my favorite Honeyworks Musicvideo as source of my characters visuals. I do draw him from time to time, and I probably could imitate the fidelity and clean lines - but I am just too busy nowadays, hahaha

ErikFinster

Level 121
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Update:
Added Goemon, KUERT, and Karl to my roster of friendly acquaintances!
There are so many more, but I don't want to overburden the character document layout.

Users who are viewing this thread