players online

Exams Solutions

mactatti

Level 14
What's your Minecraft Username?: silhouette_once
What's the title of your suggestion?: Exams Solutions

What's your suggestion?:
Overview
As we all know exams have been been delayed, postponned, cancelled and most importantly LAGGY! As we know that it can get a bit frustrating as we all lag out when doing exmas. And so I will suggust a few ideas that may be helpful to the exams coming form a Professor role 8n the server.

Feel free to add on and say your opinions commenting.

Official Exam Dates;

So the number one question . When are exams?! Well we really don’t know since they’re hosted randomly so making official exam dates such as one in January (Exams) than another in July (Midterms) and lastly one In Late November and or go by the seasons such as Autumn, Spring, Winter and Summer exams as you guys have been doing but making offical dates for them.

3 Exams
One in the beginning, middle and end of ooc year could be an idea! Theses exams would be hosted during January, July and December!

4 Exams
Seasonly Exams could be another idea and the one we’re using as of now but making offical dates for them such as during the seasons (Summur, Fall, Winter and Spring) Some dates you could do for the seasons are in the beginning or Middle or End of that season.

Either way this would probably boost peoples motivation to work harder, go to classes and generally be more motivated and focused on the RP aspect of learning/school.

New Way Of taking Exams.
As we all know the SLT team has worked extremely hard making exams happen which are very difficult and important to work with as the player base likes SRP for what it is so I offer you a new way of working with exams and still making it enjoyable for players and SLT.

Before I do though we have to relapse on what problems we are with such as lagging out, Not enough chances Of exams and others that keep piling up. As Staff , SLT and Dev’s work hard for a new way I suggust a way that could be beneficial.

Making Exams that have no signs, or areas (circles like we did today) to get in the exam I say we do a Pre-Sign up the day before the exams so we know who is participating in the exams and so this would be filled with the spots we have. We know this is a hackle to do but you guys did it before so we could probs do it again If able. After the player signs UO and the day of the exam comes well have the same set up and everything but the people who signed up would get telaported to a seat and so the exam would be taken. This would solve abit of the lag and or a lot of it making players not be outside the gym half the time and making a very big difference of lag.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This would be beneficial to the entire community as it would make exams more accessible and less stressful staff to auctal do the exams.

mactatti

Level 14
disclaimer!
I did not see the other 2 exam ones find them here
I do suggust you look at there ideas!

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
Pre-Sign up the day before the exams so we know who is participating in the exams and so this would be filled with the spots we have.
If someone were to pre-sign up and didn't join in exams the next day, then a spot would be taken for no reason.
3 Exams
One in the beginning, middle and end of ooc year could be an idea! Theses exams would be hosted during January, July and December!

4 Exams
Seasonly Exams could be another idea and the one we’re using as of now but making offical dates for them such as during the seasons (Summur, Fall, Winter and Spring) Some dates you could do for the seasons are in the beginning or Middle or End of that season.
Exams are held the times they are because SLT have real lives as well... you can't expect them compared to your average player to be willing to host exams even that often.
When are exams?! Well we really don’t know since they’re hosted randomly
Though exams are hosted randomly, for the most part, everyone is reminded days or weeks before the exam, giving players time to make plans beforehand.

I understand the frustration of lag and difficulties of exams; not being able to attend them and being a pain overall... but I don't believe the few suggestions already posted because of this will help, some things we have to suck up at times.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I say we do a Pre-Sign up the day before the exams so we know who is participating in the exams and so this would be filled with the spots we have
This was done in the past - didn't work too well, was stressful for not only staff but players since even with pre-sign ups it wasn't guaranteed you got a spot.

The system does need some fine-tuning right now, but we don't need an entirely new system of how to do exams. Staff are trying to fix it so lets give them some time since they're probably stressed themselves and just want to get a good product out to the community already.

mactatti

Level 14
I just read through some of theses!! Thank you for being honnest! I also know they have real lives as they are not machines now are they?!!?!?!?

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Having a scheduled exams will be stressful enough for SLT alone, considering imagine the ammount of original questions that aligned with the subjects that we have on SRP's professor classes. Making it scheduled while having SLT with their lives is not healthy but just overall stressful especially on a RP server.

As for the signup, a request that I had in mind was to ping on discord a Google-Form file. The way this systems works is that, SLT will ping everyone the Karakura High discord server a google form file, having you to sign up as your character with it. I'd say an hour before the exams OOCly time. Of course the server has to shut down as It'll be whitelisted from there on. For me, I'd see this as more of a healthy way on having the server not shut down, or get piled up with players on the server making it crashed.

(The google forms is just a whitelist thing and will be choosen by SLT within an hour orso maybe 2 hours depends if they use this idea of mine).

TLDR: Have a google form signup (whitelist) within alteast 1-2 hours, having the server shutdown but will be annouced that it's open to those who were chosen in the whitelist/google form.

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
As for the signup, a request that I had in mind was to ping on discord a Google-Form file
they did this before and im pretty sure it didn't work to well (imagine the amount of troll applications and duplicates, plus the sheer amount of ppl asking for a space)

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
they did this before and im pretty sure it didn't work to well (imagine the amount of troll applications and duplicates, plus the sheer amount of ppl asking for a space)
Oop. Well atleast I tried on this suggestion of mine, ty for that info!!

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Once we've released this update, we should hopefully be able to go back to at the very minimum 3 months. Sadly the last few changes weren't enough to host reliable exams, hence why we've been increasing the acceptance rate.​

Users who are viewing this thread