Notable
IGN:
PinkRP

DATE:
7/29/2021

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Introducing /extradesc to SRP.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
My feedback post is about adding /extradesc, a command that I discovered in FRP that I think could be extremely beneficial to SRP if added.

The command allows you to include an extra amount to your initial description, allowing for further detailing and various traits that people may find important to know when looking at a description for your character.

It isn’t presently in SRP, which is a shame, seeing as it was a feature from FRP that made me ridiculously happy when I first discovered it, seeing as I could include all the things in my character’s design that felt notable to me, and that I thought were important for people to know when wanting to read about my character’s appearance or design details.

Considering it is an aspect that encourages further detailing on characters, I can see it being beneficial to roleplay, and encouraging further interaction on notes for things that you may have not known due to the initial limit for the descriptions.

Being someone that’s constantly clicking on other’s bios, I enjoy reading them and seeing details on other people’s characters. There's a noticeable pattern with those who have more to say than what they can currently include in their descriptions due to the limitations.
Some may write an excruciatingly small amount in their descriptions as there isn’t much point since you cant include as much as you'd like. This results in leaving little to no details that may make a character interesting, and leave characters feeling boring and bland. Leaving characters as such may feel like a detriment to roleplay interaction.

Others may include a link in their description, rather than typing out anything in-game, and have others tab out to read it, breaking immersion and going AFK a moment to do so. Alongside this method being potentially dangerous with the use of external links, risking various things to do so.

The last potential [and most common] is simply attempting to work with the unnecessary limit and writing as much as you can. This leaves to leaving out potentially useful details that may be found crucial during RP, and having to be OOCly explained. This can easily result in avoidable voids and a variety of other unnecessary situations.

A friend pointed out to me that I could always simply make a biography for a character if I wanted to include further detailing. But, I do have a point to make on this as well.
Biographies are more there for lore, and IC details, such as personality, backstory, opinions, or any other detail that doesn’t seem realistic to know right off the bat, and may OOCly provoke people to metagame or Failrp. Rather than descriptions’ actual purpose! Which is for appearance, and things that you’d notice by looking at someone. As well as biographies something being created on the forums, meaning you’d have to tab out a moment and break the immersion a moment to switch to an external website to fish through and find what you are ACTUALLY looking for. Alongside the potential dangers of going to external websites, which seems like something I don’t need to further clarify as being previously mentioned.

What I also liked about this feature, is that it is entirely optional. Nobody is required to use it, and you don’t even have to read anything you wouldn’t want to, like any other description.

Last edited:

Lolo

Level 27
HaloBoss29
HaloBoss29
Notable+
+1
This will benefit everyone on SRP, most people I've seen have fairly small descriptions that don't cover much appearance-wise. I've also run across this problem and it would help a lot to get more room to write out my character's physical appearance. I couldn't have said anything you covered better, myself.​

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
+1?

i dont really know how the command works or whatever, but honestly as someone who really enjoys detailing their descs.. it'd be pretty cool

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN:
PinkRP

DATE:
7/19/2021

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Introducing /extradesc to SRP.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
My feedback post is about adding /extradesc, a command that I discovered in FRP that I think could be extremely beneficial to SRP if added.

The command allows you to include an extra amount to your initial description, allowing for further detailing and various traits that people may find important to know when looking at a description for your character.

It isn’t presently in SRP, which is a shame, seeing as it was a feature from FRP that made me ridiculously happy when I first discovered it, seeing as I could include all the things in my character’s design that felt notable to me, and that I thought were important for people to know when wanting to read about my character’s appearance or design details.

Considering it is an aspect that encourages further detailing on characters, I can see it being beneficial to roleplay, and encouraging further interaction on notes for things that you may have not known due to the initial limit for the descriptions.

Being someone that’s constantly clicking on other’s bios, I enjoy reading them and seeing details on other people’s characters. There's a noticeable pattern with those who have more to say than what they can currently include in their descriptions due to the limitations.
Some may write an excruciatingly small amount in their descriptions as there isn’t much point since you cant include as much as you'd like. This results in leaving little to no details that may make a character interesting, and leave characters feeling boring and bland. Leaving characters as such may feel like a detriment to roleplay interaction.

Others may include a link in their description, rather than typing out anything in-game, and have others tab out to read it, breaking immersion and going AFK a moment to do so. Alongside this method being potentially dangerous with the use of external links, risking various things to do so.

The last potential [and most common] is simply attempting to work with the unnecessary limit and writing as much as you can. This leaves to leading out potentially useful details that may be found crucial during RP, and having to be OOCly explained. This can easily result in avoidable voids and a variety of other unnecessary situations.

A friend pointed out to me that I could always simply make a biography for a character if I wanted to include further detailing. But, I do have a point to make on this as well.
Biographies are more there for lore, and IC details, such as personality, backstory, opinions, or any other detail that doesn’t seem realistic to know right off the bat, and may OOCly provoke people to metagame or Failrp. Rather than descriptions’ actual purpose! Which is for appearance, and things that you’d notice by looking at someone. As well as biographies something being created on the forums, meaning you’d have to tab out a moment and break the immersion a moment to switch to an external website to fish through and find what you are ACTUALLY looking for. Alongside the potential dangers of going to external websites, which seems like something I don’t need to further clarify as being previously mentioned.

What I also liked about this feature, is that it is entirely optional. Nobody is required to use it, and you don’t even have to read anything you wouldn’t want to, like any other description.

+1
While I don't believe you need a detailed description to have a good quality one, this would really benefit the people who enjoy detailing their description.

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
ACCEPTED
-------------------------------

• We will look into adding this feature along with the appending-messages.
  • This has been moved onto the update timeline sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread