players online

Accepted Eyeballer_ HS Student Council Application

eyeballer_

Level 0
GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:
Eyeballer_

Past warns/kicks/bans?:
A small warning about improper rpname, this has not happened ever since.

What is your timezone?:
PST

Please provide your Discord tag and Identifier (ExampleName#0001):
厄运走开#9409

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server (Approved, Denied & Pending):

Accepted - Chinese Application | SchoolRP | Minecraft Roleplay Server

Describe your activity on the server:
I joined about two months ago in January and have acquired a total playtime of five days and seventeen hours. I'd say I'm pretty active; I'm usually on whenever I have free time, maybe around 12-16 hours per week.

List your accounts and roles on this server:
[Grade-12] Chen Yve

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:
Yes, understood.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council and what do they do?
:
The student council is a group of students chosen specifically by their peers or school faculty to address areas of concern and planning school events. They present ideas, requests, and feedback to the meetings, bringing a voice to the student population, enhancing communication between students and school administration/faculty. They represent Karakura’s values and rules as a whole, on and off school grounds. Most importantly, they work together to create a positive environment in which students feel safe and grow as scholars, lending a helping hand to those who need it. In order to be a student council member, the individual in charge of the job must be clear of what it entails. Each officer has a particular task to complete and duty to carry out. The student council is a team consisting of several members, so each member would need to have at least some sort of communication and teamwork skills. Each officer has a particular task to complete and duty to carry out. The student council is in charge of enforcing and upholding school rules as well as representing the institution in activities and contests. This means that they are usually: patrolling on school grounds; aiding students in whatever issues they may have; in meetings; mediating arguments; stopping fights and assigning detentions if seen fit.

What motivated you to apply for council? (e.g. Interests, friends, etc.):
Even though I’ve been on this server for over a month, I haven’t made many friends due to people being isolated and staying in their own groups. By joining this organization, I hope I can interact more with fellow students and join the community. Furthermore, I enjoy coming up with events which was what really made me want to sign up, participating and hosting events are really appealing to me. Moreover, I like being helpful, I want to be part of the organization which is basically built to help people. Positions which test my leadership and communication skills not only help me acquire those skills in game but also in real life.

Are you aware that you’ll be having to use your creativity and teamwork ethic within the student council? (e.g. Coming up and helping with events):
Yes, I am well aware and partially why I wanted to apply as I'd like to associate with fellow students more than I already do and see what kind of thoughts and ideas they can come up with.

Can you list the roles in the council along with other roles that might be important to the council?:
  • President: The student council president is the leader of the group and in charge of supervising the whole student body. They are liable for making sure that each one of its members are acting accordingly and not breaking any rules. The president must plan and direct student council meetings, including assigning duties to other officers, and facilitate the resolution of conflict. They lead, coordinate student activities and represent the student council in meetings with school administration/faculty. They especially need to understand their responsibility as the most important member of the council and be a role model to not only their fellow students but also fellow council members.
  • Vice-President: The vice president is the council’s second-in-command with similar responsibilities, they assist the president with their tasks and substitute the council president if they are absent or unavailable. If a president is suddenly removed, they are the one who replaces that position.
  • The rest of council: The rest of the board is responsible for establishing a positive and safe environment for all. They perform duties assigned by the president or vice president and often patrol all over campus, working hard to maintain a peaceful atmosphere. They attend meetings and are expected to suggest new events and activities, raise concerns, and recommend any changes deemed appropriate. Being a member of the student council means that they are role models for their classmates and must always uphold Karakura's values without exceptions.
  • Entire student population: The student council is made for students; it is an organization that voices the students’ concerns in front of administration, the student council would not exist without the students.
  • Faculty and club presidents: School administration/faculty are extremely important for the council, they are needed to get permissions for events, budget and any extra assistance. They help out council members when dealing with difficult situations like a student repeating offense even after multiple detentions; a council member would need to hand them to a teacher or the principal. Club leaders are also important, the council needs to discuss with the leaders for participation in certain activities and the leaders need to discuss with the council if they need to use a space or if they need assistance with certain events.

SCENARIOS

You’re patrolling the school and you walk by two girls verbally harassing each other, but they didn't pay mind to you. What do you think is the correct way to go about this?

First, if it isn’t too extreme, I’d observe the situation; get a grasp of what they’re saying, then split them up afterwards in a calm and collected manner. I'd ask each of them separately what happened and what caused the argument, giving them no room to argue with each other. Once given the claim I would go check if it is reliable and when found out what actually happened, a solution will be given accordingly. I would give them a warning if it wasn’t too serious but would investigate further if it was a major case. If they fail to cooperate, a warning of detention would be given and so on. If I feel like they'd repeat the offense after I leave, I’d tell my fellow members to keep an eye out while also observing them myself.

A student refuses to take their mask off after you’ve brought up detention and they’ve run away! What do you do?
I would start running after them and this leads to two scenarios: I either catch up to them or I don't. If I catch up to them, first I'd try to resolve the situation myself before asking for assistance; taking off their mask so I know what they look like now and come up with a solution, and if that doesn't work, I'd get a teacher involved. Scenario two, I don't catch up to them. I'd tell fellow members to watch out for a masked individual running around the school and ask a faculty member to make an announcement so that students are aware and can protect themselves if needed.

There seems to be a councilor abusing their powers! They’re being exceptionally mean to a student, causing the student to be defensive or scared. How would you step in?
I'd first pull the student aside to make sure they're okay and ask them what exactly happened. Then I'd pull the councilor aside and talk to them, getting their side of the story too before anything happens. Afterwards, I'd remind them that if they are not upholding what a student council member should do, they will be removed. I'd then ask them to apologize to the student, making a report afterwards as appropriate.

You seemed to miss a few pieces of information during a meeting, how would you go about getting that information?
If I miss pieces of information during a meeting, I'd call, text, or go up to another member who had also been at the meeting and inquire about what happened; receiving answers to any other questions I had and getting clarification on anything I didn't understand.

A teacher/receptionist has told you that you are doing something that goes against what you were trained by your higher-ups. How would you react to this?
I'd first apologize and ask them in the politest voice exactly what I did wrong, afterwards I'd reflect on my actions and go over everything I've been taught again just to make sure I won't repeat the same mistake twice.

Please provide a detailed event that a club or council can use as a future event to showcase your creativity! (Must be 300 words or more):
[Debate to Your Hearts Content]
Two students minimum at a time will stand Infront of an audience and will debate over a random prompt. A prompt would be randomly selected by a council member or teacher and read aloud giving each side 60 seconds to think before the debate begins. After 60 seconds, a coin flip (roll) will decide who will go first, each side will respect the other's turn by being quiet and collected. The audience must stay silent or at least whisper during the debate. The council members and teachers will be the judges each holding two votes while the randomly selected audience members will hold 1 each. Be prepared to explain why you chose their argument over the other and why you agree with them.

[Sports Tournament]
Do you think you could beat your classmates in a friendly sports competition? Come and find out!
Instead of professional sports teams competing against each other, it is the students who compete with each other in groups to see which group is the best. Since the 12th grade has the most students, has multiple advantages over other grades, and is the most active, it will only be held for 12th graders. The 12th graders will form their team of 5 and compete in every sport Karakura provides, a table would be made showcasing the order in which they will compete. When the order is decided, at least three competitions will be held at a time and two referees will be present for each. The winning team will be provided with rewards as deemed fit and so on for the runner ups, second and third place.

[*insert season* Festival]
The school will be decorated according to the season, staff will set up their booths while also allowing students to set up their own. Students would need to sign up and have a council member or teacher leading their booth. The booths can vary from food to anything they desire as long as it's school appropriate. During the duration of the festival, students can come together and perform on stage; bands can show off their music and clubs can perform anything related to their specific club. Students not involved with the festival will participate once the event begins and they can buy from the booths or just hang out with their friends.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

Chen Yve
Character Gender:
Male
Character Age:
Character phone-number:
(030)-655-3056

Brief summary of how they act/ your character’s personality:
Yve is outgoing when around his friends, he tries to lighten the mood if things get too serious or extreme. Known to be an academic among his friends, he understands how to separate personal and objective feelings allowing him to give good advice to his friends when they need it. He doesn't necessarily look for trouble, but it seems to seek him out, he always somehow stumbles into a fight or awkward situations. He is very empathetic, which is why seeing so much injustice made him want to become the change he wanted to see. He enjoys living life in the moment and always looking forward to making new friends, but he also enjoys spending time by himself just enjoying the view. He struggles with tone and sometimes comes off as offensive even though he'd never say anything of the sort.

Character appearance/attire (Please provide a picture):
Chinese Descent
1677568533373.png
What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I know when to separate personal and professional feelings, I will never bring my personal feelings into arguments and will look at things in an objective way. I’m able to come up with solutions instead of freaking out when something doesn't go accordingly. I’d talk to the students and listen to what they have to say, lend a sympathetic ear and understand why they are acting the way they are and come up with a resolution. I will do my best to uphold every councilor's job and that is Karakura’s rules and values in and outside of school maintaining a positive and safe environment where everyone can have an enjoyable experience.

Why do you want this position?:
Having been a victim of upperclassmen, and I know pretty much every student has experienced this. I’d like to be someone who can lend a helping hand to new students who don’t have a clue of what they’re doing and increase interactions between existing students outside of their group. I’ve noticed that there really isn’t much to do for students during school time except go to class so not only would it provide me with something to do but also allow me to help bring more activities to the students. I understand that being part of the student council comes with a lot of stress and responsibility but that is what makes it so appealing. Moreover, joining the student council would provide me the experience and skills required for basically any future jobs regardless of its nature.

What interests you the most about student council?:
I am interested in not only maintaining a safe environment in school but also because I enjoy hosting and participating in events. It’s fun to be behind the scenes while also getting to participate in the events. Also, it'd increase the chances of socializing with students who I might not have met during normal school time. If I am accepted, I'm interested in meeting other council members and understanding what they stand for.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:
People are very unpredictable; it is impossible to ensure that everyone will contribute to making the school a safe environment. Which is why I strive to help those in need, maintaining an objective and calm manner while handling situations. For a fun environment, I will deliver exciting and creative ideas either of my own or ask my friends and fellow students what kind of events would interest them.

03d3e9fe5f0e302767aa83c879c17b98.jpg
Thank you for your time, have a good day/night!​

Last edited:

Customable

Level 137
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we have decided to accept your application.

To get started please ping @[Vice-Dean] Tasselled in the RPH academic's discord's help channel.
From there, please contact your appropriate council lead​

If you have any questions, please contact Customable#1590 on discord​

Users who are viewing this thread