mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Fair Pricing suggestion

SapouT

Level 21
IGN: SapouT
DATE: 6/2/23
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I'd like to mention that since the modeling style has changed to really small models that when compressed are less than a KB big, charging the same price as thegood old models that were detailed and actually took up some space in the resource. I get thatyou didnt have the time or you dont think its worth it working to make bigger models work efficiently but charging the same price is kinda questionable. As an Admin said, "People will buy anything these days" but i dont really think this is a right mentality. Making small models and selling them for a high price is just like making a cheap product and selling it for extreme profit. Also I'd like to mention that detailed models actually take more time to perfect as they require slot of work and could get frustration to get everythingin correct+it also take a fair amount of time to optimize detailed models ad you if you actually work on it you can make them efficient. I personally believe that less than a KB of you resource pack space isnt worth anything close to what you charge. The reason behind that is also that your current resource pack isnt clean, it is filled with some old models, new models, kinda new models with high resolutions, really old cubik models and not to meantion overly detailed cars and some new16X resolution ones. It is a mess and isnt worth this much money for few KB of it. If you actually cleaned ur resource pack and had optimized and efficient models you wouldnt even have to swap styles nor lower the prices. The time thatit takes to design a texture isnt no where near the time a detailed models take btw. That is because most modelers have ready palettes and because of low resolution its only about deciding what colorsto use for 20-50 pixels that the whole surfaces will have. Also there are common ways to shade that you all know by heart so it really doesnt take this much time nor it is worth this much money... considering that it takes a whole month to get your item. To sum up, paying this much, to wait a whole month for a less than a KB of a messy resource pack, and getting a model that will not satisfy the person is wrong and if you take advantage of peoples inability to value their money thats wrong..
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
All mentioned above!

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+

As a modeller myself, having worked with both voxel models and the current style of modelling, they still are difficult to make. They rely heavily on texturing, while the voxel models relied on shaping, having very minimal texturing. I think the current size is fair, as your buying essentially a part of the texture pack for your own model for a character. Along with this, modellers are expected to make 3-5 models per person, so the time take to make them is expected. They aren't only prioritizing you, they're prioritizing multiple people. If we remove custom models all together modellers would have a lot more time to work on models for the game that would be beneficial to all, not only one person.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
A common misconception about the "new" style is that it is easier to make. However, if it was so easy, why did it take the Modelling team so long to adapt? To answer this question, we need to leave that thought aside for a moment and understand that less resolution does not equal to easier to make. I can perfectly make a mixelled model with no shading, and it would in fact be way easier and less time-consuming for me. Nonetheless, you will never see any official modeller do this, as they actually want to put effort into having a consistent resource-pack. If we abode by our old styles, you would see models that look completely different (not to mention that the current style is objectively more alike to vanilla style, which is what's seeked in any "official" respourcepack)

SapouT

Level 21
you are missing the point... This is mainly about pricing. Less than a KB of your resource pack isnt worth this much money

SapouT

Level 21

As a modeller myself, having worked with both voxel models and the current style of modelling, they still are difficult to make. They rely heavily on texturing, while the voxel models relied on shaping, having very minimal texturing. I think the current size is fair, as your buying essentially a part of the texture pack for your own model for a character. Along with this, modellers are expected to make 3-5 models per person, so the time take to make them is expected. They aren't only prioritizing you, they're prioritizing multiple people. If we remove custom models all together modellers would have a lot more time to work on models for the game that would be beneficial to all, not only one person.
Waiting a whole month to get a KB of srp resource pack isnt worth this much money

Ashtetic

Level 52
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+

You do have to understand that it DOES take time and patience to have your model fully completed, Modelers as well have a life outside of SRP so the amount of time models are to be done Is completely understandable. They find time from their day to WORK on your models when they could be doing something else , It WILL take time as they have to work on not just yours but other orders aside from yours, If you don’t like how the pricing works then just don’t buy one if you are just going to complain about it at the end.

Last edited:

Customable

Level 138
Administrator
School Clubs Lead
Media Team
Customable
Customable
Omega+
you are missing the point... This is mainly about pricing. Less than a KB of your resource pack isnt worth this much money
Comments like this also undermine an artists work, essentially you’re the person that is trying to bargin the price of someone’s commissions on art station which can be very disrespectful to their craft, sometimes it’s best to just not purchase or involve yourself in it if you do not see it worth it yourself, because there will be other players interested in the transaction

it’s also important to note that all the modellers are not robots that are there for your modelling needs and ONLY that, we have lives too that take over and bombard us unfortunately, and if your model takes more than 14 days now, it is usually reassigned.

Patience is a key skill in life, without it we would have no restraint or sympathy for most things around us.

Last edited:

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich

If the pricing was too expensive then no one would buy it, but people are clearly still buying it, so that doesn't seem to be the case. If you feel like it's too expensive, well suck it up. Why do you care how big the model is? As long as the model comes out nicely, which most of the time it does, why does the size matter?

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+
REVEWED
After reading through this feedback we have decided to deny this

As mentioned above within the replies, Modellers work hard on every model that has been assigned to them, even if it's a few Kilobytes, you can't just judge the result and think it's an easy work that'll take a few minutes. Some modellers have to redo textures from scratch to satisfy the customer's needs and work with proper shading to get the model to look right rather than speeding up the process.

As for the pricing, you're not only paying for a "few KBs" you're paying to receive a perk on the server, an item which you'll be using In-Character whenever you want and do whatever's possible with it.

I understand that the resource pack is a bit mixed up at the moment but we're doing our best everyday to remake the old models while trying to get the new requests out of the way. Please be a bit patient on the modellers and the resource pack as this process can up take up to a few months and can't just be done within a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread