FamilyRP restrictions.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
IGN: SchoolRP
DATE: 22nd December
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: FamilyRP is a type of roleplay that is performed by a large majority of the SRP playerbase, with everyone usually having joined at least one family during their time on the server - now we all know that much, FamilyRP is probably - if you disclude SchoolRP is the MOST participated in time of RP our players commit themselves to, with this comes failure to commit to realism hell, I think nearly everyone on this thread can agree with me that MOST families are problematic and unrealistic, such as how most families 80% (at least) adopted and built on a 'rank' like system.

The rules I am trying to enforce are very simple, very easy to do rules that promote realism instead of something so immersion breaking it hurts:
  • You can have a maximum of SIX adopted characters in any given family, as to not break realism. Normal families (even big ones) do not have their entire family be unrelated.
If you want to have a group of players and have them be related then simply make an organisation - there is no good reason why you choose to all share a last name.
  • All adopted characters MUST be >18 years of their parental character(s)
I am very tired of seeing 17 year old teenagers with parents who are 24 and could be young enough to be a older sibling. It is completely unrealistic for someone who is 24 to want to adopt a FULLY GROWN CHILD.

Say you had a teenage pregnancy at age 16, that means if you have a Grade-12 child then you should be at MINIMUM 34.
  • If you choose to have a child ICLY instead of having an abortion you must apply in which you will be given a generic young baby girl/boy model in which you cannot get rid of unless your character dies or are put into Jail OR if you put them into adoption within 2 ooc months of having them, otherwise to not be a parent you must swap characters.
You being a parent should be a huge ic restrainment, you will need to be indoors and have your child put into bed at a certain hour, all of these things.
  • If you live in a proper family then your underage characters (unless they have a fancy sport teams living place.) SHOULD live their parent(s) household
No parent would want their underage child living by themselves at such a age, ESPECIALLY IN A PLACE LIKE KARAKURA.
  • You cannot hold your family to a way of 'ranks' your family should all be equal in every way except for age. Obviously your grandfather would have more social rank in the family then a Grade-12 would, otherwise there shouldn't be any type of 'leader' thing. You can be the OOC leader of a family but otherwise if you want to 'lead' them icly you need to be the eldest.
There is so much hierarchy icly that it just becomes extremely unrealistic.
  • You should be fully aware of EVERY member of your family icly, this means that families that are very large must have ways of set out of remembering who is who.
For example, for the Herringtons (The only family I have ever joined.) I have an entire document full of names as we have 68+ characters.
  • If you choose to age up your character, then your child must follow suit, aka your child cannot suddenly go from being born in Karakura in 2019 and then be a fully grown adult in 2020, your lore for said character must be altered due to the fact your character probably didn't LIVE in Karakura prior to your RPing them.
For example, for my character Lernaean, he was supposed to be a result of a marriage my previous character Lucius had, however I wanted to be able to RP him so, I added lore for Lucius 15 years back, in which he had him with the marriage, going and retconning the original marriage so that it was their SECOND marriage in order for the timeline to not crack. SRP is not still in SRP 2018 logic, there is no good reason in some areas - realism means nothing and in others it is screamed at you. It either works both ways or none at all.

In SRP, we often need to curve our eyes in order to make sense that this is a RP Minecraft Server, but at times like this I think that 'enough is enough' FamilyRP needs serious restrictions as there hasn't ever been any rules made about it in order to regulate it - thas it has been allowed to roam free in which MOST families choose not to care about realism.

This'll be controversial as I feel a lot of people are apart of these families but I think these rules or a variation from them would do nothing but improve roleplay.

Last edited:

Rebel

Level 53
-1/+1
Some of these I agree with and some I don’t, I do not agree for the adopted children have to be >18 of the parents age but also remember most players on the server that are adults are between 24 - 28 typically, there’s only a few with that age that are 30+ other than that I agree with this.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
-1/+1
Some of these I agree with and some I don’t, I do not agree for the adopted children have to be >18 of the parents age but also remember most players on the server that are adults are between 24 - 28 typically, there’s only a few with that age that are 30+ other than that I agree with this.
Adults who wish to be parents should have realistic ages to be parents, there is no reason why a parent would have a age gap of 6 between their daughter/son, at that age they would most LIKELY be siblings, hell in real life, my own brother is 8 years older then me.

If you want to be a parent you should be a realistic age, for example say you had a teenage pregnancy at age 16, your minimum age should be 34.

No one should be 24 and a parent, adoption centres wouldn't even ALLOW YOU to be a parent at age 24.

TL;DR
If you wish to be a parent of a child, have a reasonable age, it doesn't take that long to quickly ask a staffmember to do a singular command for you to age you up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread