mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FearRP Suggestion

DaStickmon

Level 11
Good to point out that if this gets accepted, you'll have to fear RP tasers and Glocks even if you have bats, pocket knives, etc
then adjust the tier of tazers. Glocks makes sense tho because long-range guns that can 1 shot the shit out of every one of your gangrp buds and no katana can face that

DaStickmon

Level 11
maybe add range-based fearrping tho. Therefore, if they are required to lunge at you, you don't have to comply (does not apply if surrounded)

this would make gangrp interesting (due to it not making sense to have to comply with someone if you're 4 blocks away of someone with a non throwable weapon.

But if this was the case, it would be controversial due to you being able to hit certain weaps out of hands with blunt force or just chop the hand off so tiering weapons would be not only hard but can depend a huge amount on the environment.

eg: a bat against a tazer ( range ) tazer wins
a bat against a tazer ( range, equal surface) tazer still wins
Bat against tazer ( In-Range of bat ) Depends on who attacks first (most likely the cop due to their not being an action for tazer)
Bat against tazer ( 2 on 1, in range) depends x2, Cop shoots one shot at person cop must reload tazer, other person starts beating them with bat, 1 of 2: officer reloads in 1 action and tazes other person. Other person gets up hitting them in the head KOing them. In this case this gives the Bats the win. 2: Officer does not need an action to reload. Somehow, the cop can swap tazer ammo (the boxes in front with prongs) in less than the time it takes to hit with a bat, both are tazed.
In this case, I'm going with option 1. Therefore the bat wins
Bat against tazer ( 4 on 1, in range) In no way can a tazer user reload quick enough to stun all 4 so likely, they taze one and then dip. Therefore draw
Bat against tazer ( 5 on 1, in range) tazes one gangrper, it's a 4 on 1, most likely it would be the gangrpers turn (ik that tazing doesnt take a turn) then they can disarm said cop and then bats win

so judging by this, would the tazer still be better than the bat. It wins and loses some, what tier would it be. That's why I think stacked tiering would be a bad addon to gangrp. Also I don't think anyone with a knife should be scared of someone with a dagger

A LOT OF SRPERS ALLREADY THINK A LOT OF ELEMENTS OF GANGRP ARE CONFUSING.

We allready have p2l to confuse new gangrpers, we don't need them to wonder if their timbers should be shivered cuz their knife is .5 inches shorter than the other's.

Last edited:

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Good to point out that if this gets accepted, you'll have to fear RP tasers and Glocks even if you have bats, pocket knives, etc
TRUE

If this was implemented, I'd rather this only be for metal bats, pans, and dusters since they are three of the more non-lethal weapons. Every other weapon has a strong indicator that they're made to inflict extreme damage or kill

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
IGN: MidFrank
DATE: 11/10/22
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Editing the FearRP rules
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Well I was in a situation where I attempted to use FearRP on someone with a bladed weapon, I threatened to kill this person a few times but they disregarded it ICly and continued to ignore me and continue with what they did simply just saying 'bro' to me, I asked a mod about this later and I was informed FearRP was disregarded because this individual had a Metal Bat on them, this feels like one of possibly the easiest ways to loophole FearRP carrying the one legal weapon to negate FearRP from a Katana even. There is really no realistic sense to which someone who was in possession of a bat thought to themself 'Hey, I've got this bat. I can duel the guy with that blade!' No, they follow their commands and get themselves out of danger ASAP. I think it would have a much more realistic standpoint if FearRP was not negated solely by having a weapon in your inventory, but by having it actually brandished. Another thing that could be established is a sort of weapon perk, for example Bats need to fearrp Pocket Knives and above, A Katana would FearRP a Nagi and so on.

Also kind of wanted to point out I checked the rules and under FearRP it mentions nothing of Weaponry negating FearRP at all.
[IMAGES IF ANY]
sure minustempo seal of approval

Putting it in simple terms; Comparing a bat to a katana is like comparing a pistol to a rifle. Even if that pistol is in your pocket, you'd be a lot less scared than if you didn't have it at all. At the end of the day, they're both weapons that can easily majorly injure or end a person's life. The tier system you mentioned doesn't make any sense, either; again, they're all weapons that can easily cause fatal harm to someone
This ****ogy makes little to no sense to me personally, comparing a literal bat and katana to a pistol and a rifle is insane. If you have a pistol at all, you wouldn't draw it at all, hell if you had in in your hand you wouldn't have the balls to put it up against a rifle that's aimed at you. Rifles are extremely dangerous compared to a pistol so I don't see why this was even brought up as a scenario. This just makes it seem worse that they didn't fearroleplay in the first place. If someone's holding a katana to your throat, you're gonna completely forget about the bat in your back pocket or the one in your hand. 9/10 if you try to pull it out/do something, you'd have enough common sense to recognise that you'd almost immediately get stabbed, and that's just realism. To me, someone bringing a weapon against someone else's has almost never made sense in a scenario unless it's like a pocket knife vs pocket knife where it'd be evenly matched, even then, you'd probably be shit scared. This is because of fight-or-flight. I can guarantee you, from personal experience, if someone backed a weapon on you you would completely forget about everything you're doing and run away. Okay, I can see your point if you're a gang member, but literally even police are trained to never approach a weapon (I would know) and keep a distance and tase. That's to the extent that a weapon is to be feared. So a pocketed bat shouldn't even be worth a mention if you have a katana to your throat, pocket knife, or vise versa. Your body LITERALLY knows it would likely die if it tried to do something, no matter if you have balls of steel, you're not going to be doing that. You are going to be running. Very fast away.

However, it does become excessive when a person doesn't have to roleplay out being scared when, say, being flanked with two guys with katanas while your weapon isn't in your hand. Personally, I'd be pretty damn scared, even if I had whatever weapon it is in my hands
You'd be scared even if you did have a weapon, even if out. If two people are flanking you (Coming from somewhere you'd least expect it) you probably wouldn't be scared, because in the next few moments it's very possible you'd of been stabbed, unless you saw it coming, in which case, yes you're scared, and you're running away regardless of whatever you have. If someone has a weapon and is chasing you, you will run.

Aside from that, FearRP is a weird term in general, even without all these rules surrounding it. It'd be so much easier if people would roleplay out bring afraid of something without the concept of FearRP in the back of their heads; it's unrealistic
I agree with this, FearRP is very outdated (rules wise) and as the guy who wrote the gangrp rules currently used I wouldn't mind it being changed at all +1 with this statement GhostfireSwords

You are forgetting to mention the fact that the store you waltzed into, had 3 people who were armed inside. You tried making them fearRP with a knife, while I had a machete, another had a bostaff, and a bat. You one, ICly had no information on who had keys to the door, Two, tried making the shopkeeper (WHO WAS ARMED) FearRP, which they didn't have to. Since they were armed. I support the idea of adding tiers to weapons for FearRP, but this is a poorly timed suggestion that I think could use some more time to fully flush out.
If they had it out this is a fair rebuttal, and the OP should've ran away (Read what I said earlier) It's unrealistic as hell. But if you were just stood there with none of them out, OP had reason and you should've likely fear-roleplayed the weapon with genuine knowledge that your character is going to die if they tried something.

+1/-1

I will say I do believe you should be forced to FearRP if you do not have the weapon out, as I doubt you would keep full composure with a literal blade or bat being held to you. But the tier system would be too confusing and too much to deal with. I believe it should be kept to if you have a weapon physically in your hands, since you have a chance to fight back, instead of just having it on hand and it being difficult to take it out if a weapon is already being brandished in front of you.
FearRP regardless, if you have your life at risk you shouldn't be composed at all, you will be scared and RUNNING as fast as possible away from that thing. There's no reason your body would just go "Guess I won't trigger this flight or fight for our survival and just let you die, instead let's reach for my wea- oh I got stabbed. Oh no, I'm dead." (Sorry if this sounds aggressive, I'm just being sarcastic and it's hard to portray that through text.) Even if you thought you'd have a chance for fighting for survival, it's still a massive chance that you'd be shit scared and fear roleplaying. No-one has a stone-cold iron will that sees them on srp having a form of conquerors haki with the amount of will they possess. Regardless of if you're armed, you'll be scared. Even police officers instinctively back up against weapons (in real life) and keep their distance despite being trained and they possess glocks.

Both a bat and katana can incapitate someone in a single swing, if not two, but I get your point. The bat only has a slight disadvantage to the katana, though. I'd feel less scared having a bat out against a katana instead of my bare hands
slight disadvantage IRL, yeah, but in srp it can't bludgeon someone to death i'd suppose that'd be akin to gore roleplay, so in SRP standards it's a very disadvantaged weapon compared to a katana. I stand by my point of saying you'd be scared shitless regardless of if you have a weapon (Both people involved likely, it'd just be whoever strikes first out of fear)

Not only was your use of perms and fearrp in this situation not allowed (assuming this is referring to the shop situation), but in many cases, blunt weapons like baseball bats are actually more effective than a sword in a realistic life-or-death scenario. FearRP is fine the way it is in my opinion, I understand you weren't happy with the situation, but as cultist said... it's very badly timed, it seems like you're only writing this for your own personal gain and not the good of the server.View attachment 37817
Refer to my point about cultist I agree that this just seems like failrp (Though I may not agree with the rule 6.9 personally, that's not the point of this thread.) In my personal opinion, a literal sword gives you many times an advantage over a baseball bat in combat, one stab anywhere with a little knife you'd probably be on the floor in major pain, so a katana which could go through your literal body vs a baseball bat which can only knock you out is a whole different story. Huh, this has motivated me to write up a change the bleedout timer system, mayhaps.

I think the current FearRP rules are fair, however I also believe in what your character is written to do in those specific scenarios (however that can be loopholed easily). It makes your character feel more safe if they have a weapon on them whilst being threatened by one. Just because they don't have it out doesn't mean it cannot be equipped in a fight. To back up what you said about the katana vs metal bat, I believe you can still win that type of duel with a KO and running away, hence where FearRP rules come into play. Yes your character should be wary of the individual threatening them with a weapon, but if they have a weapon of their own on hand I don't exactly see them running away with their tail between their legs when they know they have SOME sort of chance.
Surprisingly, I agree with everything that OInfi said (for the most part). Obviously you can still win a duel by knocking someone out and running away, but why would you knock them out first when your body would be screaming at you to run away in the first place, if you can knock them out and then run away, chances are that you'd just run away in the first place eitherways. I do understand your point, however, and I agree with it to an extent. I just think that if anyone has a weapon to them they wouldn't try fighting against it regardless of if they had a weapon unless, as you said, "your character is [wrote] to do in those specific scenarios" But I doubt every character in karakura has as much depth and history as lets say a longstanding character such as Ernesto Martinez to be rationally acting in a situation like that that way, I mean hell, he literally got PTSD from it.

1: it would be amazing to have this but the way it works is you can only fearrp someone that doesn't have a weapon with one (unless if it's 4 - 1)
I propose:

MINUSTEMPO RULES:

2 - FEAR ROLEPLAY

2.1A: IF YOU POSSESS A WEAPON AND IT IS NOT OUT WHILE SOMEONE IS THREATENING YOU WITH A WEAPON, YOU WILL FEAR ROLEPLAY THEM.
2.1B: IF YOU POSSESS A WEAPON AND IT IS OUT WHILE SOMEONE IS THREATENING YOU, WHILE IT'S LIKELY YOU WOULD FEAR ROLEPLAY, IT IS NOT FORCED AND YOU MAY ACT UPON YOUR WILL (TO AN EXTENT) THIS MEANS:
- YOU DO NOT JUST INSTANTLY STAB THEM, YOU WOULD BE WEARY.
- YOU DO NOT JUST STAB THEM, THE FIRST THING THAT WOULD COME TO YOUR MIND WOULD BE TO RUN.
2.2: YOUR CHARACTER IS EXPECTED TO RECOGNISE THAT THEIR LIFE IS AT RISK THE INSTANT A WEAPON IS BROUGHT INTO A SCENARIO, WITH THERE BEING NO EXCEPTIONS. (THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE FORCED TO FEAR ROLEPLAY, REFER TO 2.1B)

maybe add range-based fearrping tho. Therefore, if they are required to lunge at you, you don't have to comply (does not apply if surrounded)

this would make gangrp interesting (due to it not making sense to have to comply with someone if you're 4 blocks away of someone with a non throwable weapon.

But if this was the case, it would be controversial due to you being able to hit certain weaps out of hands with blunt force or just chop the hand off so tiering weapons would be not only hard but can depend a huge amount on the environment.

eg: a bat against a tazer ( range ) tazer wins
a bat against a tazer ( range, equal surface) tazer still wins
Bat against tazer ( In-Range of bat ) Depends on who attacks first (most likely the cop due to their not being an action for tazer)
Bat against tazer ( 2 on 1, in range) depends x2, Cop shoots one shot at person cop must reload tazer, other person starts beating them with bat, 1 of 2: officer reloads in 1 action and tazes other person. Other person gets up hitting them in the head KOing them. In this case this gives the Bats the win. 2: Officer does not need an action to reload. Somehow, the cop can swap tazer ammo (the boxes in front with prongs) in less than the time it takes to hit with a bat, both are tazed.
In this case, I'm going with option 1. Therefore the bat wins
Bat against tazer ( 4 on 1, in range) In no way can a tazer user reload quick enough to stun all 4 so likely, they taze one and then dip. Therefore draw
Bat against tazer ( 5 on 1, in range) tazes one gangrper, it's a 4 on 1, most likely it would be the gangrpers turn (ik that tazing doesnt take a turn) then they can disarm said cop and then bats win

so judging by this, would the tazer still be better than the bat. It wins and loses some, what tier would it be. That's why I think stacked tiering would be a bad addon to gangrp. Also I don't think anyone with a knife should be scared of someone with a dagger

A LOT OF SRPERS ALLREADY THINK A LOT OF ELEMENTS OF GANGRP ARE CONFUSING.

We allready have p2l to confuse new gangrpers, we don't need them to wonder if their timbers should be shivered cuz their knife is .5 inches shorter than the other's.

First off, that's not at all how it would go. GANG ROLEPLAY is only confusing because it's laid out in such a long format that's drawn out and overdated to most. Secondly, a tazer doesn't swap ammo, it just recharges, it also has a 6 block range, their is an action if you're in range, and there's only not an action if the opponent is moving.

Most of what you've said is taught to KPD anyway so you're right.

Just update the GANGRP tutorial, it's not too hard. Tiering isn't either, when it comes to fearrp, it'd go like this:

BLUNT WEAPONS [AS THEY CANNOT BLUDGEON]
STAB WEAPONS + TASER [YOU WILL LIKELY DIE OR GET ARRESTED]
GLOCK [YOU WILL DIE]

DaStickmon

Level 11

Putting it in simple terms; Comparing a bat to a katana is like comparing a pistol to a rifle. Even if that pistol is in your pocket, you'd be a lot less scared than if you didn't have it at all. At the end of the day, they're both weapons that can easily majorly injure or end a person's life. The tier system you mentioned doesn't make any sense, either; again, they're all weapons that can easily cause fatal harm to someone

However, it does become excessive when a person doesn't have to roleplay out being scared when, say, being flanked with two guys with katanas while your weapon isn't in your hand. Personally, I'd be pretty damn scared, even if I had whatever weapon it is in my hands

Aside from that, FearRP is a weird term in general, even without all these rules surrounding it. It'd be so much easier if people would roleplay out bring afraid of something without the concept of FearRP in the back of their heads; it's unrealistic
there are SO many good arguements against this but you chose the LEAST logical one.

why the uncanny **** would you pull a pistol against an assault rifle. You think someone is robbing a bar with a kalashnikov and someone's gonna pull a glock out and the robbers are gonna ***** out then run, no. Assault rifles (mostly) shoot harder, faster and with more control than a pistol. NO SANE PERSON would even reach for anything if they have a rifle pulled on them. 1: you need to check your head out because I'm genuinely concerned for you and 2: this makes no sense in a srp context... Please delete all it's doing is giving more confusion

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
there are SO many good arguements against this but you chose the LEAST logical one.

why the uncanny **** would you pull a pistol against an assault rifle. You think someone is robbing a bar with a kalashnikov and someone's gonna pull a glock out and the robbers are gonna ***** out then run, no. Assault rifles (mostly) shoot harder, faster and with more control than a pistol. NO SANE PERSON would even reach for anything if they have a rifle pulled on them. 1: you need to check your head out because I'm genuinely concerned for you and 2: this makes no sense in a srp context... Please delete all it's doing is giving more confusion
Make sure to be respectful in your replies, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and Ghostfire's one is perfectly valid. Don't attempt to silence other players' opinions on a feedback threat, instead approach it by asking questions about why their opinion is such.

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable

this is literally what i said but meaner what was the point

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+

You forget that a pistol is easier to draw, easier to control, and easier to aim, so you're incorrect in two different ways

DaStickmon

Level 11
You forget that a pistol is easier to draw, easier to control, and easier to aim, so you're incorrect in two different ways
Yes, a pistol in your pocket is easier to shoot and control than a rifle end to your face. And no, it's not easier. Have you ever shot (im going from experience so an M4 against a glock 17? )

Sorry I have to go i just lost my last braincell

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
Have you ever shot (im going from experience so an M4 against a glock 17? )
Yes; a pistol has much less recoil than a rifle, and it's smaller and easier to aim. In some circumstances, it's viable to draw a pistol from your pocket and shoot and duck before the person with the rifle pulls the trigger. C'mon man, use your head!

minustempo

Level 35
minustempo
minustempo
Notable
Yes; a pistol has much less recoil than a rifle, and it's smaller and easier to aim. In some circumstances, it's viable to draw a pistol from your pocket and shoot and duck before the person with the rifle pulls the trigger. C'mon man, use your head!
no its not if someone has a rifle to your skull the instant you reach to get something in your pocket u'd wake up in heaven dawg it's not red dead redemption 2 (how did it even come to this)

Users who are viewing this thread