Ashtetic

Level 52
Ashtetic
Ashtetic
Omega+
IGN: LesbianRP

DATE: August 18th, 2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Being able to append more than just once in descriptions !!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It could help to be able to append more than just once in descriptions to add more detail / information within your character, Sometimes I even make descriptions a bit tooooo long , And then the whole thing just wouldn't fit and would have to redo it or make a way to make it smaller, Being able to append more than once in /setdescription would be better to have!:D Being able to append only once is honestly in my opinion a little annoying, It mostly could help because once again you could add more detail / information to your character, Making a description in MOTD maker, Notepad or just discord in general and then putting it inside of SRP alone and then it not fitting is .. a little annoying and a little irritating .

That's all .. Just some feedback I wanted to.. suggest<3

DarkEclipic

Level 160
Community Team
Lore Team
DarkEclipic
DarkEclipic
Omega+
Neutral (-1/+1)

I get that you can only append once in your desc. But if it gets too long, you might as well just start to only add what is important (I.E; Hair/eye colour, scars/wounds, height, voice, piercings, carvings, etc), as that is what the other characters will be seeing you for the first time. If you want to add an entire background, just make a character bio here on the forums and link it to your account.

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
-1, The descriptions are there for a brief description about your character, If you'd like to include more you can always make use of the bio feature that you can set, Where you can add a more detailed description with backstory, Images etc. I think the descriptions can get a bit too much sometimes as is.

Cencres

Level 11
-1 I always thought of descriptions as how other characters perceive your character from an outside perspective, only really physical traits conveyed through their appearance or body language...things u can see

there doesn't really need to be more information since it's not useful in roleplay, if you write that your character has two kids in their description then acting on that icly would be considered metagaming . I think a biography is a more effective way to share additional information about your character

RAYHM

Level 193
RAYHM
RAYHM
Rich+

Personally I don't think anyone wants to sit and read a huge paragraph describing the character's description (I don't), 1 append is more than enough to fit all the information, not to forget you can also add a biography link as well that can have those information somewhere on the forums!

Polar

Level 102
PolarLoLs
PolarLoLs
Notable
I personally don't see the reason why you would need to append more than 1 message for a character description, a large character description just turns away anyone that wants to read it,

Hamburger

Level 188
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
I don't really see the point in this, adding more than one just is way too much in your description and I hate reading so much, so does probably 90% of the people here.

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I totslly understand from where this is coming, but it will be very annoying to open a desc & all the screen will be filled with the desc. The one append is already helping. .But in general, I prefers to keep the descs be simple.

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
+1/-1 (neutral)

i understand where you're coming from, as well as those who disagree with this idea. if they were to allow it, i'd say 2 appends only & it should strictly be concerning their appearance, voice, body language, etc. just things that you'd notice immediately when seeing &/or hearing someone. anything else, as others have stated, is for a biography.

i've had moments where i wanted to fit appearance (including scars, skin tone, tattoos), their tone of voice + how deep or high it is, etc.. into the description, but end up having to shorten it a lot because it just won't fit (especially if you're using color codes, oh lord-).

but at the same time, it should maybe be limited to certain ranks & higher.. to make it more manageable or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread