mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Nova

Level 36
IGN: Typeicide
DATE: 4/18/2020
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
This suggestion is more or less something for fun and perhaps something that gives players something to do when there isn't anything to do.

After playing a character who loves exploring the ocean, I have found the general beach to be quite bland in terms of swimming underwater. The whole point of the 1.13.2 update was to include the fish for the aquarium, but that has flopped completely due to some obvious issues. But what if the ocean wasn't so bland? What of the ocean had its habitants and the colorful coral around.

I generally feel it would be quite pleasing to see fish and perhaps, coral and life in the ocean. It's quite strange to see coral in a lake in the forest when it makes more sense to see it in the ocean.

If there is ever a "Marine Biology" subject, being able to visit the beach to learn, enjoy looking at the lives of fish or studying how they live, it would be quite interesting to see how things could possibly play out inRP.

PatatoPotato

Level 4
omg I’ve never really considered it properly but it would definitely give people more reason to visit the beach and explore a bit more. It’d be so good!

boirei

Level 10
I like the idea, but the IC reason for their being little to no wildlife is due to the toxic sewage with bacteria, and the OOC reason is that mobs would create lag, and right now I believe the staff team is trying to reduce lag as much as possible with daily restarts, disabling some plugins, etc.

Nova

Level 36
I like the idea, but the IC reason for their being little to no wildlife is due to the toxic sewage with bacteria, and the OOC reason is that mobs would create lag, and right now I believe the staff team is trying to reduce lag as much as possible with daily restarts, disabling some plugins, etc.

The lag is a fair point since that's the whole reason why the aquarium is gone, but perhaps there should be a fairly small amount of the mobs. There hasn't been much lag either despite there being villagers outside of the map.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200418-113255_Discord.jpg
    Screenshot_20200418-113255_Discord.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 3

RoseRP

Level 46
While it's a good idea there is a few complications.
1: The animals create lag. (Like Cars, because Cars are driven by turtles.)
2: Everytime we -do- get animals. (IE: Turtle nest.) Players end up running up and killing them.

Though if I am correct there is a way to turn it off where players cannot hit animals.
It's best that we have people who want to RP as aquatic animals at the beach. (IE: Dolphins, Turtles, Feeshies.)
But even then - the beach has to get a lot more attention then it does now. As it can seem kind-of dead in general, and not much of a hot-spot besides for confession spots. (But then again we have the Confession bridge now.)

Nova

Level 36
While it's a good idea there is a few complications.
1: The animals create lag. (Like Cars, because Cars are driven by turtles.)
2: Everytime we -do- get animals. (IE: Turtle nest.) Players end up running up and killing them.

Though if I am correct there is a way to turn it off where players cannot hit animals.
It's best that we have people who want to RP as aquatic animals at the beach. (IE: Dolphins, Turtles, Feeshies.)
But even then - the beach has to get a lot more attention then it does now. As it can seem kind-of dead in general, and not much of a hot-spot besides for confession spots. (But then again we have the Confession bridge now.)

Whole point of this suggestion is to get more players around that area. Like I said, there can also be a small amount, and I believe there is a plugin that prevents the killing of animals.

I think people roleplaying as aquatic animals would be cool, but then again, the ocean is full of fish and animals we can't even imagine, and a player count honestly can't make up for the beauty of the ocean.

Im6

Level 184
DENIED

- Denied for now, possibly this summer when the beach is a little more busy & it's worth doing something like this we'll do it however. Currently it's just not worth the small bit of lag it'd cause.​

Users who are viewing this thread