mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FEEDBACK ABOUT THE SERVER AND THE PLAYERS

si10k

Level 37
IGN: Notdeleting72
DATE: 1/12/2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: We all know that gangrp has grown rather toxic over the years and some new players do not know how to require the information on it. I have a few suggestions about how we could make the server together as a whole, It's rather sad when you can not build up plot with someone else's character or gain information about what is happening. But thats not just it, how about another set of rules that are much simpler? This feedback may not been accepted and that's okay. But I had my character for almost one year; never really got to roleplay a character for one whole year. Also, some people have trauma that may trigger their anxiety. I'm going to go over three things about how we can all work on together or what can be improved i believe.

1) A safe word for everyone in ooc would be nice if none of the others would be included. Such as, if someone has ptsd irl or some other issues you could use the word "apples?!" in ooc, that way the staff can be alerted in /help or anyone in ooc to let them know you need a break or if something dramatic is happening right now that has triggered your anxiety. Sometimes, people can not say a lot and need help immediately for if something hit close to home, but you need a mini break to stop and relax for a bit if someones character is being sucidal and someone you know has done the same. Though, this happens rarely it would be nice when people think you are stalling you could type this in ooc and staff would immediately be on your back to come and help you. Though, it woudn't have to be apples it could be something else that you can type to one of your oocly friends that are staff.

2) Ask player box for the role-play hub, it would be rather simple for the person to ask and get a quick answer from a regular player that is having issues. Everyone; would be free to talk in it for if they need help on a application or would like to work on a book. They players out number the staff, personally think it would help everyones rp experience if the staff would only have to focus on the big stuff such as future toxicity or if something has happened with they player. Sept for having applications being accepted for languages. Just the generic stuff about the rules, and common knowledge about the server and the locations. It would be on the discord server for all of the servers comdined onto it even fantasy roleplay if someone has a question about it.

3) PTK, Permission to kill. I've learned this on another rp server, sometimes toxicity builds up about the character while permission to kill would be more fair as the characters would have more rivalries towards each other, It's a city. Not a utopia where each person is replaced at the KPD as if they were live stock. Also, for gangs it would be a equal thing and have gangs rise up to the top again. But, I'm thinking there would be applications for killing a character. If they do anything major about it, the city is japan and it's unrealistic when there is no way to relocate these individuals or what they have done. Think it would be more fun if you could have a boot on your leg and a cop is assigned to watch over you as time would go on to see if they can go back into society instead of doing nothing there. But, permission to kill perms can be passed to each player if they have applications like Sociopath or a psychopath. When this happens, it can be turned into a mini event for the players if they plan it far enough ahead. There is tiny mini events that can affect the whole city around them, like a sucide of a person around them. If a character is popular enough and they wished to kill the character off with their enemy on a roof they could. It would give a final solutions to gangrp I believe, each person would take a screenshot of their characters with them agreeing on it or with a video and the rules would stay the same sept for killing if someone has major assault perms they can use them. But, if you join a gang it would be agreed on who dies or gets knocked out and perm memory loss from that ever happening. That way kage, and the bulldogs to rise again.

PS: If you have any questions about how this works, ask them in the comments. I'm taking a long mental break in real life due to something someone; will most likely quit. TRASH#4549 is my discord.

pitapet

Level 109
pitapet
pitapet
Rich+
im having a bit of trouble grasping what you want changed with this post, but ill give my comment for each section for what i think it means

1) A safe word for everyone in ooc would be nice if none of the others would be included. Such as, if someone has ptsd irl or some other issues you could use the word "apples?!" in ooc, that way the staff can be alerted in /help or anyone in ooc to let them know you need a break or if something dramatic is happening right now that has triggered your anxiety. Sometimes, people can not say a lot and need help immediately for if something hit close to home, but you need a mini break to stop and relax for a bit if someones character is being sucidal and someone you know has done the same. Though, this happens rarely it would be nice when people think you are stalling you could type this in ooc and staff would immediately be on your back to come and help you. Though, it woudn't have to be apples it could be something else that you can type to one of your oocly friends that are staff.
if it is not a gang RP situation, i do not see why you cannot just express your discomfort of the roleplay situation in /looc, and either have the tone of the situation to be brought down to a more comfortable setting, or just stop the roleplay situation completely, without having to get staff involved

2) Ask player box for the role-play hub, it would be rather simple for the person to ask and get a quick answer from a regular player that is having issues. Everyone; would be free to talk in it for if they need help on a application or would like to work on a book. They players out number the staff, personally think it would help everyones rp experience if the staff would only have to focus on the big stuff such as future toxicity or if something has happened with they player. Sept for having applications being accepted for languages. Just the generic stuff about the rules, and common knowledge about the server and the locations. It would be on the discord server for all of the servers comdined onto it even fantasy roleplay if someone has a question about it.
usually if a question is asked in #general, a player will respond to it - also, it is frowned upon by those who check applications to get help on them

3) PTK, Permission to kill. I've learned this on another rp server, sometimes toxicity builds up about the character while permission to kill would be more fair as the characters would have more rivalries towards each other, It's a city. Not a utopia where each person is replaced at the KPD as if they were live stock. Also, for gangs it would be a equal thing and have gangs rise up to the top again. But, I'm thinking there would be applications for killing a character. If they do anything major about it, the city is japan and it's unrealistic when there is no way to relocate these individuals or what they have done. Think it would be more fun if you could have a boot on your leg and a cop is assigned to watch over you as time would go on to see if they can go back into society instead of doing nothing there. But, permission to kill perms can be passed to each player if they have applications like Sociopath or a psychopath. When this happens, it can be turned into a mini event for the players if they plan it far enough ahead. There is tiny mini events that can affect the whole city around them, like a sucide of a person around them. If a character is popular enough and they wished to kill the character off with their enemy on a roof they could. It would give a final solutions to gangrp I believe, each person would take a screenshot of their characters with them agreeing on it or with a video and the rules would stay the same sept for killing if someone has major assault perms they can use them. But, if you join a gang it would be agreed on who dies or gets knocked out and perm memory loss from that ever happening. That way kage, and the bulldogs to rise again.

1. i really do not get what this means 2. i do not see a problem with the current KPS system, it is just toxicity that is the problem

si10k

Level 37
im having a bit of trouble grasping what you want changed with this post, but ill give my comment for each section for what i think it means

if it is not a gang RP situation, i do not see why you cannot just express your discomfort of the roleplay situation in /looc, and either have the tone of the situation to be brought down to a more comfortable setting, or just stop the roleplay situation completely, without having to get staff involved

usually if a question is asked in #general, a player will respond to it - also, it is frowned upon by those who check applications to get help on them

1. i really do not get what this means 2. i do not see a problem with the current KPS system, it is just toxicity that is the problem
Some people have issues reading the rules due to memory problems and other issues. I've talked to people about it over the years, sorry for not being clear on the first one. Also for the first one I've talked to multiple people that have been going to therapy and have some some things that occuried irp where they have almost quit the server forever and just ignore it. The 2 one is for major toxicity, once you deliever proof to admins or everything else you can have permission to kill by staff. Also, the first one is not for gangrp it is just for general. Thanks for posting your oppinion though.

pashy

Level 183
+1 - As A GangRPer. I myself agree to some stuff that was included in that thread- I don't want to comment something long or much, but I support some things that was included in this thread.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
I don't like to get into arguments, however this is one of these topics I can't refrain myself from not commenting.

I must agree with @dattokkatji, the current KPS system is okay and it's easy to understand. The thing is, gangrp is filled with toxicity. There is this one guy who gangrps and said a friend of mine to not rp with me out of the two bans I've had, and I'm like what? Anyway, the amount of toxicity surrounding the weird and lame gangrp area makes it easier to get KPS on someone, and it's not fair to others with good characters having it killed out of the blue; the urge to... "prove" they're better or simply they want X character gone because it is X person's character; someone they have had an argument with. GangRP is not to make roleplay funnier, but a way for toxic individuals to find a way to kill someone else's character. The currrent KPS system works for me, but as they said, toxicity is the only problem.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
A lot of fuss for a lot of things that can be done already without it needing to be a rule.

As for gangrping, simply don't gangrp if you aren't ready to face the consequences or perhaps try being less attached to well developed characters. I'm not attached to my gangrp characters despite the facts they are all very well developed, yes it would suck to lose them but thats what I signed up for.

Permission to Kill is stupid however gangrping in ways that can avoid the death of characters (say putting them in a wheelchair or disabling them from further gangrping) or finding another way to spare their life is a good measure and shows good faith however Permission to Kill babies the whole concept of GangRP.

Last edited:

Nijvzz

Level 6

Like Totoro said, if you are not ready to face the consequences of GangRP, just don't GangRP. This is for all the people who are attached to their characters; please read the "How to gain kill/kidnap perms on someone" topic in the rules section again to prevent your character from any risk. I don't see the problem with the current KPS rules either.

My opinion about the "permission to kill";
I don't think that this should be in SRP, it is already a part of FRP though. If you ask me, permission to kill will ruin the whole GangRP part of SRP and I think that it will literally destroy the GangRP community. I don't see any fun in PTK. Also, if PTK is a thing, KPD don't have to manhunt gangs down or huge crowds of GangRPers like they do now, the whole KPD job would get boring and be useless.

This is just my opinion.

si10k

Level 37

Like Totoro said, if you are not ready to face the consequences of GangRP, just don't GangRP. This is for all the people who are attached to their characters; please read the "How to gain kill/kidnap perms on someone" topic in the rules section again to prevent your character from any risk. I don't see the problem with the current KPS rules either.

My opinion about the "permission to kill";
I don't think that this should be in SRP, it is already a part of FRP though. If you ask me, permission to kill will ruin the whole GangRP part of SRP and I think that it will literally destroy the GangRP community. I don't see any fun in PTK. Also, if PTK is a thing, KPD don't have to manhunt gangs down or huge crowds of GangRPers like they do now, the whole KPD job would get boring and be useless.

This is just my opinion.
Yeah, but its hard to avoid Gangrp sometimes. At the end as a player this work in the long run.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
You also need to consider how you're dragged into GangRP situations for coming across with people who actually GangRP. The excuse of "If you don't want KPS, then don't snitch" is kind of invalid, since in real life, you would of course report something like that to the authorities

Users who are viewing this thread