uta

Level 102
wavestalker
wavestalker
Omega+
IGN: CafeBustelo

DATE: 7/7/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Allowing the use of item frames to be placed in apartments so it is possible to hang up your own or someone else's paintings made using the ArtMap plugin!

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Y'know how you're able to place maps into item frames in vanilla Minecraft for a number of things, such as map art?
And that fact that other than being held or thrown onto the AH, the paintings that we make in art classes generally have no use?

Well - this could bring a new light to these paintings! By being able to place your artwork onto the walls of your own apartment, they would finally have a cool use and you're able to display your artwork for everyone to see when they step into your apartment. The idea is, you place an item frame on an empty wall of your apartment in edit mode, then you exit it and simply plop any painting of your choice there.

Due to the fact that item frames aren't whitelisted in the edit mode menu, I sort of doubt this idea will be accepted, but it would be cool nonetheless.

((The art teachers are very cool. And the art professors.))

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
+1
Although I do agree it will look nice, there's a reason nobody can to get item frames.
After reading what tippie wrote then sure.

Last edited:

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
+1
As long as we limit it to a certain amount, e.g. 4 / 5 per apartment, or only render it client-side when very close and display it serverside with a sign there shouldn't be any issue regarding lag. However, I don't think this will become our top priority either way if this is accepted or denied

we could even make it so that they can't be cramped (e.g. there must be at least x blocks between painting a & b.)

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1 No point of having a "art" plugin if it is heavily restricted in possible usage

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed

- We'll be adding blocks like paintings, heads, etc. sometime in the near future once we've finished some of our current projects.​

Users who are viewing this thread