Omega+
IGN:
16Percs

DATE:
10/11/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a ghost whitelist application.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This wouldn’t benefit the server and community drastically; however, it would encourage people to apply for this position. Why? You may ask. It would encourage people to apply for the position because it is a mysterious and excellent roleplay option. Who wouldn’t want to roleplay as a ghost in SchoolRP?

However, this has some downsides. Such as; vanish. However, I have a solution.

Staff will not grant the individual vanish to use whenever they want. However, there will be spots where ghosts can roam and obtain the vanishing feature, such as; The abandoned train station. There will only be 1-3 spots where a spirit can go, or they can make a new location specifically for ghosts. The name would be classic, “Ghost Town.” That area would be known to be extraordinarily paranormal and haunted. That is where spirits will reside—now, moving on to my next topic, Warps.

Warping could be an added feature to help ghosts go from one location to another. But, they can only warp to places reported to be haunted—examples like the Abandoned train station.

I talked about the central part of this addition, but now I will move on to the limitations of the Ghost role. Only three players will be able to apply for this position. However, there will be two other slots for ghosts, but that is for staff members only. Staff members originally had ghost roles, so having a slot would only be fair. Additionally, players’ history and reputation within the server greatly rely on getting this position. It ensures no rule-breakers will get the ghost role and abuse it.

Now, moving on to the final part of this suggestion. Permissions
Ghosts will not be allowed to major or KPS a character; they are permitted to minor a player. However, Ghosts will need the motive to harm an individual. They won’t just attack someone they see. A player will need to disturb them or make them feel somewhat threatened, such as; Cursing the ghosts out, attempting to swing at them, or even using an ouija board(ITEMRP unless it's a thing). Some tactics that ghosts can do to harm a player are; dragging them, scratching, biting, punching, and even strangulation. Strangulation will be permitted because roleplaying with a ghost will be p2l. No OOC permission will be required. It is because when you roleplay with a spirit, it has to be realistic, which is the main point of P2L.

And finally, this is the end! Thank you for taking the time to read my suggestion. I would especially like to credit; GhostfireSwords and ClownRP for helping.

jayseph

Level 25
jayseph_
jayseph_
Notable

Most of the ghost/spirit stuff is going to happen only in October. Otherwise, the ghosts that exist (such as Satomi Kato) are purely lore based and made for the fact of intertwining the lore that's written into RP.

Joe.exe

Level 46
Joe_Kurumi
Joe_Kurumi
Rich+
Who wouldn’t want to roleplay as a ghost in SchoolRP?
i don't want

Ghosts will not be allowed to major or KPS a character; they are permitted to minor a player. However, Ghosts will need the motive to harm an individual. They won’t just attack someone they see. A player will need to disturb them or make them feel somewhat threatened, such as; Cursing the ghosts out, attempting to swing at them, or even using an ouija board(ITEMRP unless it's a thing). Some tactics that ghosts can do to harm a player are; dragging them, scratching, biting, punching, and even strangulation. Strangulation will be permitted because roleplaying with a ghost will be p2l. No OOC permission will be required. It is because when you roleplay with a spirit, it has to be realistic, which is the main point of P2L.
Ghosts aren't real, so it shouldn't appear in SRP.
hurting other people? Ghosts! not! real! absolutely impossible.

Last edited:

wethecreature

Level 101
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
Neutral/-1
While I would love to be a ghost, the only people who have ever, and probably will ever play ghosts, are Staff and the event team, for events and lore only. If you want to witness ghost RP, I recommend going into the forest or going to the monastery, as I've heard some stuff is going down.

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

This is not only just gonna be used by gangrpers to have more unnecessary combatrp, we see how it goes with bears, and this will not be used properly. (Not to mention that's ghosts are only for October.)

layzah

Level 45
layzah
layzah
Omega+
-1 I dont wanna see "/me hit hed" or "/me stabs liver" when I encounter a ghost bro :(
You cannot stab someone's liver if it is restricted to only Minor perms. Plus, P2L is meant for DetailRP and Realism. Im sure ghosts won't do "/me hit hed" in a p2l.

Hirathex

Level 257
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+

Cloud said it best in staff chat so I'm gonna rephrase it here because it's a lil funny. A ghost whitelist already exists, it's called event team

But to be real I think we all know this would go very badly, not much else to say

The FJ

Level 94
ilovemyplanex5
ilovemyplanex5
Rich+
-1 I think there's a race that's like- vampire or ghost or something like that in FRP.
But SRP... nah, we all dead within an IC week

barbs

Level 9
this undermines the sacredness of ghosts on the server and would remove the excitement from october. if everyone's a ghost, then the experience is no longer special.

Lizalopod

Level 130

The ghost whitelist application already exists, just apply for staff and event team!

In all seriousness, ghosts are event related, they shouldn't be played by everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread