YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

IGN:
YonioTheNacho

DATE:
17/02/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
The main suggestion that I’d like to make with this is the possibility of re-attaching lost limbs if they are treated soon enough.
Now, I know that this may seem unrealistic, since I myself did also consider something like this as something that literally cannot happen but, with further research and with the help of the higher-ups from EMS, I have read that, apparently, if a limb has been severed, or amputated, if it is brought to the emergency services and the surgery is fast enough, they can reattach it without having to use a prosthetic limb. With some research, an amputated arm can be reattached if the surgery takes place within the next 6-12 hours and, with enough recovery, it can regain its functionality.
Now, you may be wondering whether this is a good or bad decision, given that it may be too overpowered and it would make it harder for people to kill off characters. However, I wanted to bring up a point that not many people are aware of: Major Assault Perms
As you all may know, major assault perms basically allow you to amputate one limb (including one eye, or the tongue). The point here is that, even if you do not get Kill Perms at all, you are basically able to make a character useless by getting Major APs / Kill Perms on them twice and, if you have a weapon such as a meat cleaver, you are basically able to do this with one single roll. I believe that this is something alike to insta-killing, but with a less severity, since, although it does not straight off kill you, it makes a part of your body useless for the rest of that character’s life with, again, only one single roll
I’m not going to say that it is unfair, but it is something that prevents characters who are forced to be in GangRP or CopRP from developing, given that in the police force, if you lose one arm, you’re most likely going to get out of it due to your character not having enough handforce to continue fighting against criminality

Therefore, after that long introduction, I shall proceed to explain what this suggestion would be if it were to be implemented
First off, if somebody has amputated a limb off you (with major APs, or Kill Pemrs), you have up to 5 minutes to go to EMS so that the lost limb can be placed back onto the victim in a rushed surgery. Note that five minutes, although may sound like a lot of time, is actually not that long, given that the person needs to be taken to the hospital, and the EMS worker needs to hurry to make the action to reattach the lost limb. If, due to any circumstances, the limb is not reattached in time, then said body part would now be useless, and a prosthetic limb shall replace it

Thanks for reading, and I'll be looking forward to what you think about this

[IMAGES IF ANY]
N/A​

6Pancake

Level 228
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Authorization Team
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
+1

I agree with pretty much everything said above. It adds a new challenge to both the EMS and those around the person who has well, lost a limb.

pashy

Level 183
+1

I'd say maybe it can be reattached within the next 15 minutes. Otherwise, it can't be reattached again.
I HOPE KPD WON'T CATCH SOMEONE I MAJOR

ryabh

Level 102
ryabh
ryabh
Notable

I would not mind this additional myself as a KPD officer and do believe that losing a limb does make a lot of disabilities. However, I believe that if this were added to the godly skills an EMS already has, the people who take part in using KPs, MAPs, etc. would be in a state where using these perms would be useless. Not to add, with the past removal of instant-killing, EMS has the powers to save a life where realistically they would be dead, for example: If someone is decapitated, they are still savable by EMS until 10 minutes have passed, which I already believe is unreal. Removing the allowance of permanent damage from MAPs would make all sorts of GangRP almost useless, as they would just get it reattached, and then it's the same as nothing ever occurred. I also want to add that EMS also can attach prosthetic limbs with no cost to the player, which is already unfair to those who violently roleplay. Overall, I believe this would ruin the motivation of lots of those violent role-players as well as make the EMS more overpowered from the state they are in, of course this opinion depends on if GangRPers would prefer this addition or not, in which I will change my opinion as well.

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Thanks for the feedback, although I'd like to point out certain things that I've come across your comment

the people who take part in using KPs, MAPs, etc. would be in a state where using these perms would be useless
In my suggestion, I stated that the timer of reattachment is simply 5 minutes. Five minutes is a really limited time if you're found far away from the hospital (e.g. sewers), since going to the hospital itself can take even more than five minutes. Not to mention that GangRPers would be able to do whatever they want with the amputated limb (They can throw it away, keep it with themselves, or even burn it).

EMS has the powers to save a life where realistically they would be dead, for example: If someone is decapitated, they are still savable by EMS until 10 minutes have passed, which I already believe is unreal
In fact, actions that would mean an insta-kill consequences are not allowed within the first 10 minutes. Actions such as "Would cut off the victim's neck, separating the body from its head" is not allowed, as it is considered as an insta-kill action

I also want to add that EMS also can attach prosthetic limbs with no cost to the player, which is already unfair to those who violently roleplay
From what I have been told, prosthetic limbs such as eyes, limbs, etc. do not function properly, and their movement is so restricted that, in the case of CopRP, it would lead to your character getting kicked off the force due to the lack of strength that was lost in that arm

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

Everything that Ryan said basically + The current process of performing surgery has become a lot more difficult and hard than it used to be in the past and I see some EMS agreeing with this suggestion but it's mostly trainees so they wouldn't really get the pain of performing big surgeries. As a former fully-trained EMS, surgeries were pretty complicated to do, hence the Surgeon role which was removed. I believe I'd agree with this suggestion IF the surgeon role was added back which I doubt it will. Therefore, I don't think adding more effort to the EMS' current job would be ideal but I don't blame you if you don't really understand the whole process of performing different procedures. You are part of the KPD so this EMS stuff wouldn't really be of your concern. Those are my thoughts about this suggestion

ryabh

Level 102
ryabh
ryabh
Notable
(Referring to YonioTheNacho's reply to my feedback)

For the first two comments, I understand now and slightly agree with. However, the last one seems slightly wrong. As yes, most prosthetics do not function properly such as eyes, however the removal of one eye would not lead to the removal off of the force. Also, in SchoolRP, though it is unrealistic, the prosthetics that EMS are capable of equipping onto amputators are fully functional on their self unless the roleplayer decides for it not to be, and in the case that it was a KPD member, they would remain on the team. As so, there is still the ability for people to roleplay with that limb, but just as a prosthetic.

Also, I wasn't aware that actions like "/me would remove their head" was not allowed, thank you for clarifying so. For a better and more understandable example, substitute the action I gave for something similar to a player being fully amputated from all limbs, as this would make more sense in that context.

However, I will be changing my opinion to: +1 / -1 as I want to hear the opinions of lots of GangRPers and see if they would like it, as this revolved around their faction

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
(Referring to YonioTheNacho's reply to my feedback)

For the first two comments, I understand now and slightly agree with. However, the last one seems slightly wrong. As yes, most prosthetics do not function properly such as eyes, however the removal of one eye would not lead to the removal off of the force. Also, in SchoolRP, though it is unrealistic, the prosthetics that EMS are capable of equipping onto amputators are fully functional on their self unless the roleplayer decides for it not to be, and in the case that it was a KPD member, they would remain on the team.

Also, I wasn't aware that actions like "/me would remove their head" was not allowed, thank you for clarifying so. For a better and more understandable example, substitute the action I gave for something similar to a player being fully amputated from all limbs, as this would make more sense in that context.

However, I will be changing my opinion to: +1 / -1 as I want to hear the opinions of lots of GangRPers and see if they would like it, as this revolved around their faction

I quite thank you as well for letting me know about the capabilities of prosthetic equipment. I did not know about their capabilities, so thanks for letting me know; had no idea about it to be honest o-o

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
but I don't blame you if you don't really understand the whole process of performing different procedures. You are part of the KPD so this EMS stuff wouldn't really be of your concern. Those are my thoughts about this suggestion

You really should stop being this salty about EMS stuff, leave your bias behind.

As for your suggestion... -1/ +1
I think that somehow I agree with the individual two messages above but... Let's get to medical facts. A cut-off limb can be placed back to the human body, yes that's right, however a special care for the limb must be taken into consideration: the limb mustn't be in contact with the environment as it could get infected. Now, there are two types of ways to cut off a limb: partial and full. When a limb is partially cut off, there could be some parts of muscle still connected to the place it's supposed to be e.g an arm was partially cut off the body, meaning that the arm is barely connected to the body through some muscle parts. Now (what most of gangrpers use, I dare to say), if the limb was completely cut off, the probability of saving the limb is almost null. Whether the limb was partially or fully cut off, there could or not be a chance to save it, that's why -1/+1

Kurusu

Level 22
_Kurusu_
_Kurusu_
Rich+
Nah i agree with Yonio on this one it adds more RP even though it would be too godly for EMS to get back a limb since they can save almost anything its easy to make it so they cant reattach limb just cut it off and action to grab the arm and toss it in the fire or in sewers and they won't be able to find it. And i feel like this suggestion does add a bit more seriousness when using Major so that someone just doesn't cut a limb and /dips now you have to actually make them not get the limb back which is just a bit more rp but its a +1 for me.

Prosthettics

Level 40
Prosthettics
Prosthettics
Rich
Limbs should be re-attachable. If the GangRPer really wants them to not be able to get it re-attached, all they must do is pick up the severed limb & run away with it. It's that simple

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
+1/-1

I don't really see the entire point of this when the timer is only 5 Minutes. No GangRP'er would do their actions of removing someone's limbs in that close of a proximity to the Hospital- So I hope you can see why I would see this as useless. As for this in general, yes its true this can happen in real like but EMS already have godly skills- Adding on its actually just more work. How can EMS trust the person and GangRP'ers that the timer is 100%, then we've just got another case of he said she said.

I think its common sense that if EMS can do it IRL then they can do it on SRP but because we've got systems in place it can make this not work. But, I wouldn't be against a work around

Users who are viewing this thread