YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
IGN
YonioTheNacho

DATE
24/02/2021

WHAT YOU NEED TO SUGGEST OR MENTION
As the title says, this suggestion will influence most, if not all non-official SchoolRP-branched servers, including gang servers, family servers, non-official teams servers, etc. As for the change itself, it would revolve around the enforcement of making sure that perm-banned unappealable players do not remain in said server.

I know this may sound as something somewhat controlling, but I have witnessed the same thing happening over and over again. Basically, I have been joining multiple servers that are related to SchoolRP, and I've realized that, in some of them, there are many players that have been banned (unappealable), yet they're still able to talk. Now, this wouldn't technically be an issue. After all, they're just players that no longer play SchoolRP. The issue comes when 90% of those people are there simply to criticise SchoolRP and shame it. Not only that, but there's also the fact that these servers are not controlled by SchoolRP staff, but by the server owner (gang leader, family lead, etc.), so there's no way for SchoolRP staff to stop this
Again, this would ONLY apply to unappealable-banned players, who have no chance whatsoever to return to SchoolRP. If they, in the future, are allowed to appeal and get accepted, then these people may be unbanned, but due to the low rate of these things happening, it's better not to take risks.

As for the way this would work, there are two alternatives
1. Giving the server owner/admins the task of banning these users. However, the server owner MUST agree to this rule in order for this to be done. I'm not talking about a possible punishment for them if they do not ban them, but an agreement between all server leads so that they understand that they are not allowed to interfere in any SchoolRP activity.
2. Allowing official SchoolRP staff to ban these players.
If, due to any reasons, the owner/admins aren't willing to ban them, then SchoolRP staff should be given the permission to ban players from their server. Again, these servers, although unofficial, are still part of the SchoolRP community, and anything that's being conversed about there relates directly to the server

Before finishing this feedback, I'd like to say that I, under no circumstances, want to force someone to do something they do not want. Discord servers are ruled by them (although their actions may have consequences in SchoolRP itself), and we do not have the right to tell them what to do with their OOC friendships. However, I have come across way too many times where perm-banned people and even bypassers are allowed to be in family / gang discord servers without any kind of restriction, allowing them to defamate SchoolRP and the community itself. Furthermore, if they're willing to make contact groups with them, or servers that have nothing to do with SchoolRP, they're always free to do so

Thanks for reading

EDIT : After a plethora of reviews, which I really appreciate, I made up my mind about this feedback. I didn't think it thoroughly and jumped into it without thinking about other factors such as how it'd be impossible to monitor everything, etc. Feel free to still leave your feedback comment about this topic eitherway​

Last edited:

qbigail

Level 77
+1 / -1
I agree with you on this suggestion, however I disagree with you on some parts. It desperately needs to be addressed and something needs to be done about it, as it is spiralling out of control. However, to some degree- I think it would be unfair if a past player of SRP got an unappealable ban, yet they are non-toxic and understand where their actions went wrong. It would be wrong of them to be kicked out of a server that the might have created for example, or a server that they have a circle of friend groups in. However, I see where you are coming from and I know for a fact that a lot of unappealable banned players seem to adopt a toxic attitude once banned. There have been numerous incidents and it needs to stop, really. Their behaviour is disgusting and rather unsettling to be frank. Good suggestion, I hope it is implemented to some degree.

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich

I personally don't see the point. There have always been servers with banned players that have unappealable bans but these players have the right to speak even if it is criticizing SRP in any manner. We all criticize SRP from now and then and that's only normal cause no change can satisfy everyone. I think this should be more of the owner's responsibility to put a stop to it but if the owner has no problem with it, why stop it? I agree with the fact that major toxicity amongst the community needs to stop but I don't think you're able to go over every single server and stop the toxicity going on there (If there is any). Moreover, SRP staff are busy people and they won't have the time to look over every server and check if there are any unappeable banned players or not, plus, some channels will be private and may contain toxicity that the staff won't see.

qbigail

Level 77

I personally don't see the point. There have always been servers with banned players that have unappealable bans but these players have the right to speak even if it is criticizing SRP in any manner. We all criticize SRP from now and then and that's only normal cause no change can satisfy everyone. I think this should be more of the owner's responsibility to put a stop to it but if the owner has no problem with it, why stop it? I agree with the fact that major toxicity amongst the community needs to stop but I don't think you're able to go over every single server and stop the toxicity going on there (If there is any). Moreover, SRP staff are busy people and they won't have the time to look over every server and check if there are any unappeable banned players or not, plus, some channels will be private and may contain toxicity that the staff won't see.
It's not really the criticizing aspect that is the issue, it's the fact that people are constantly being hounded almost, by these previous players of the community. These players seem to think it is okay to leak information of either staff or current players, which creates a safety issue. I think this suggestion was implemented for not only staff to see, but the owners of these various Discord servers- since they relate to SRP.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+

Not to mention that allowing people that have doxxed both players and staff members is quite concerning. If they've done it once, they're allowing them to commit the same actions once again. I'm not going to say names, but it should be concerning enough to make restrictions

jeemay

Level 41
dhrdjim
dhrdjim
Rich
It's not really the criticizing aspect that is the issue, it's the fact that people are constantly being hounded almost, by these previous players of the community. These players seem to think it is okay to leak information of either staff or current players, which creates a safety issue. I think this suggestion was implemented for not only staff to see, but the owners of these various Discord servers- since they relate to SRP.

Not to mention that allowing people that have doxxed both players and staff members is quite concerning. If they've done it once, they're allowing them to commit the same actions once again. I'm not going to say names, but it should be concerning enough to make restrictions

Yes, true but my point is that this is the responsibility of Server Owners, not something that staff should take care of. I personally don't allow bypassers/people who commit horrible offenses, on my server. I feel like this post should be made in the General Forum since you suggesting this here is you asking staff to look over every server and ask their owners to ban certain players. Plus, I think this is just general common sense and not any form of change. Like, if you see someone bad in your server harming it or may potentially do harm to its members then logically you'd ban them. If a Server Owner doesn't do this then it's kind of their problem not the staff's problem/something SRP staff should worry about. Maybe if, you see a player that may be harmful to the server somehow, DM the owner about it. I think they'll listen and if they don't, leave the server for your own protection. It's that simple.

eto

Level 15
Just give SRP staff members their own role to ban players themselves in each designated server, not that hard.

suu

Level 38
TanoshiiDays
TanoshiiDays
Rich+
Yes, true but my point is that this is the responsibility of Server Owners, not something that staff should take care of. I personally don't allow bypassers/people who commit horrible offenses, on my server. I feel like this post should be made in the General Forum since you suggesting this here is you asking staff to look over every server and ask their owners to ban certain players. Plus, I think this is just general common sense and not any form of change. Like, if you see someone bad in your server harming it or may potentially do harm to its members then logically you'd ban them. If a Server Owner doesn't do this then it's kind of their problem not the staff's problem/something SRP staff should worry about. Maybe if, you see a player that may be harmful to the server somehow, DM the owner about it. I think they'll listen and if they don't, leave the server for your own protection. It's that simple.
I completely agree with this. Plus, you're forgetting something: they also could rejoin the server with an alt faking they're new. Personally I'm against toxicity and it really is annoying seeing someone being overly toxic and referring to us SRP players as weebs. I've already given my very own experience being toxic and trust me when I say that at least someone got hurt out of someone's speech which intention is merely to hurt and criticize. Plus as @qbigail said, there are banned players that know where they did wrong and acknowledge they hurt a lot of people for the things they said/did in the past. It is a -1 from me.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
Just give SRP staff members their own role to ban players themselves in each designated server, not that hard.
This is actually what I seek with this suggestion. In most servers I've been to, staff members do not have any permissions at all

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
+1 / -1
I agree with you on this suggestion, however I disagree with you on some parts. It desperately needs to be addressed and something needs to be done about it, as it is spiralling out of control. However, to some degree- I think it would be unfair if a past player of SRP got an unappealable ban, yet they are non-toxic and understand where their actions went wrong. It would be wrong of them to be kicked out of a server that the might have created for example, or a server that they have a circle of friend groups in. However, I see where you are coming from and I know for a fact that a lot of unappealable banned players seem to adopt a toxic attitude once banned. There have been numerous incidents and it needs to stop, really. Their behaviour is disgusting and rather unsettling to be frank. Good suggestion, I hope it is implemented to some degree.

I think this is the most accurate response, the non-toxic banned players that just want to hang around their old friends should be fine. I swear there's been like 3 gang discords cujo's been and no1 really does anything about it, or the doxxer group. I think those are the people who should be left out of all SRP related servers, but there should be exceptions for the nice ones that just want to remain in contact with their friends.

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
I think this is the most accurate response, the non-toxic banned players that just want to hang around their old friends should be fine. I swear there's been like 3 gang discords cujo's been and no1 really does anything about it, or the doxxer group. I think those are the people who should be left out of all SRP related servers, but there should be exceptions for the nice ones that just want to remain in contact with their friends.
Agree'd with it. Perhaps I should've stated it in the suggestion, but again, we would need a method to determine who's and who's not a good banned player

Laur

Level 39
+1 / -1
I agree and disagree like qbigail, though it’s mostly the server staff’s issue and they should be the ones dealing with it. If you don’t like the way they moderate the server it’s just best to leave or block the banned players. Sometimes the owners aren’t always up to banning players, but it’s their responsibility to keep the server clean and follow their own rules. If they continue to let toxicity and such happen, it will just look bad on them. Reporting the server to Discord is also a good idea if you witness any doxxing / illegal activity happening instead of trying to deal with it yourself.

Mika

Level 46
+1
Yeah, plus banned players do say things in chat that do MATTER. People listen to chat, especially if the server isn't exactly active. Even if there are small gang servers or small family servers- you name it, if a server is holding up an important vote such as transferring ownership or anything really, banned players might vote as well, despite being banned- changing something could-be important.

And of course, you can't forget the trolls which DM staff members or people in SRP get just to be trash talked.

ryabh

Level 102
ryabh
ryabh
Notable
+1 / -1

As apart of the staff team myself, people that own discord directed towards SchoolRP subjects, but not actually official, should be able to monitor their own discord server, as we do not actually direct what people can or cant do in their discord unless it violates rules against our community. As so, if these discord servers that you mention do have these unappealable banned players, we are in no place to tell them ban them unless they break rules, as it's their own private or public discord governed by their own rules. This would be different if it was actively watched and ruled over by server staff, in which these sorts of procedures would be already in place. Overall, this seems a little impossible and is not our duty to watch over their discord server. And before I finish, I want to clarify I am not promoting the slander and hate coming from those discord servers to the community in any way, and still believe they should be punished as so. Thank you for reading.

HighlightedTwin

Level 87
HighlightedTwin
HighlightedTwin
Fundraiser+
My opinion lies within @qbigail as well. Besides that I would prefer a list of people with a history of severe crimes like doxxing to be aware of who they are especially those who are known for hacking. I believe that would be very helpful to a lot of server owners as this would definitely be a safety issue for those in the discord. Wouldn’t won’t any case of your account being hacked into or people information just vibing in the chats.

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
Who cares whos in a server or not, if you don't like them being there there has always been the option to leave said servers. If players are going to be unappeal banned they should at least be able to interact with their friends on a server of their choosing.

If the player is doing anything bad then its the server owners responsibility to deal with it swiftly. Its pretty 2-dimensional with how simple it all is.

Users who are viewing this thread