layzah
layzah
Omega+
IGN:
16Percs

DATE:
10/20/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Make the spray can remain in your inventory after using it, along with an "empty" tag on the item card.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It would benefit the server in making that aspect of the item realistic and the KPD community. Why the KPD community, you may ask? Well, spraying a wall is known as vandalism in the state of law. However, what I am getting at here is that making the spray can remain in your inventory after vandalizing a wall could assist the KPD faction for the sole purpose of the item found in your possession. An example of this addition would be related to the Glock model and how it has an emptied magazine model connected to it. It could be related to that feature in a way. Perhaps making it so when you press the right click to use the spray can, a message will pop up saying: “Upon pressing down on the nozzle of the spray can, nothing came out. It appears the spray can is empty.” Finally, below will be explained in more depth about the suggestion.

An officer pats you down and finds an empty spray can on you. However, they will need to question you ICly before making an assumption. For example, "I see you have an empty spray can on you. Mind explaining?" and let's say the culprit responds with, "I used it for an art project! I guess I just forgot to throw it away." The police officer will then need to ask for proof of them using it for an art project, such as an ICly screenshot or video, or even the teacher backing you up via text or call.

If proof isn't provided, they will be held responsible for being detained and further questioned at the station. Additionally, they could use CCTV to search for any people caught vandalizing a wall (Obviously, if masked during it, you cannot do anything unless they have identifiable attire).

Last edited:

Ghostfire

Level 105
GhostfireSwords
GhostfireSwords
Notable+
+1
I don't got anything else to add, sounds like a great idea and has all points covered. Would also be pretty fun to roleplay out

ClownRP

Level 15
ClownFacee
ClownFacee
Notable
+1

Shouldn’t be too hard to implement and it seems like a cool thing to rp. City might be filled with empty spray cans on the sidewalks now lmao

Minobu

Level 218
Minobu
Minobu
Notable+
That does not seem legally practical getting detained for simply having a empty spray can, that’s just an officer assuming you did vandalism with no proof.

While not opposed to the idea, It shouldn’t require the person to be detained. Would make more sense for them to ask about it then just request a CCTV for any form of vandalism that would’ve been caught on camera. — Could cause extra work with staff having to inquire what attire the person was wearing while spraying with a screenshot which may end up being a big pain over spray paint

For the most part though, I think vandalism should just stick to things police get reported from calls or happen to walk by. I don’t think it’s worth all the trouble to man-hunt people after a spray-can.

— Nevertheless, the suggestion itself in terms of getting a empty spray can is pretty cool. Like the idea, though depending how KPD go about it would break the idea.

Last edited:

layzah

Level 43
layzah
layzah
Omega+
That does not seem legally practical getting detained for simply having a empty spray can, that’s just an officer assuming you did vandalism with no proof.

While not opposed to the idea, It shouldn’t require the person to be detained. Would make more sense for them to ask about it then just request a CCTV for any form of vandalism that would’ve been caught on camera. — Could cause extra work with staff having to inquire what attire the person was wearing while spraying with a screenshot which may end up being a big pain over spray paint

For the most part though, I think vandalism should just stick to things police get reported from calls or happen to walk by. I don’t think it’s worth all the trouble to man-hunt people after a spray-can.

— Nevertheless, the suggestion itself in terms of getting a empty spray can is pretty cool. Like the idea, though depending how KPD go about it would break the idea.
True. Then the part of detaining could be crossed out. Great thinking man!

However, if the item of an empty spray can come around, cops could use that as evidence against them if they catch them vandalizing a building. Such as using it in a court case or other purposes. Just a thought, though.

Infi

Level 127
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
Couldn’t have said it better than Minobu. I can see it adding some sort of relevance to roleplay, however it’s not enough “evidence” or really evidence at all to vandalism. I feel like it’s something that’ll just constantly get replicated and there will be loads of random empty spray cans lying around in peoples inventories and on auction house. It’s a -1 for me pretty much because I see it being a waste to implement especially if people technically already throw away spray cans when they’re empty

Kana

Level 129
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
IGN:
16Percs

DATE:
10/20/2022

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Make the spray can remain in your inventory after using it, along with an "empty" tag on the item card.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It would benefit the server in making that aspect of the item realistic and the KPD community. Why the KPD community, you may ask? Well, spraying a wall is known as vandalism in the state of law. However, what I am getting at here is that making the spray can remain in your inventory after vandalizing a wall could assist the KPD faction for the sole purpose of the item found in your possession. An example of this addition would be related to the Glock model and how it has an emptied magazine model connected to it. It could be related to that feature in a way. Perhaps making it so when you press the right click to use the spray can, a message will pop up saying: “Upon pressing down on the nozzle of the spray can, nothing came out. It appears the spray can is empty.” Finally, below will be explained in more depth about the suggestion.

An officer pats you down and finds an empty spray can on you. However, they will need to question you ICly before making an assumption. For example, "I see you have an empty spray can on you. Mind explaining?" and let's say the culprit responds with, "I used it for an art project! I guess I just forgot to throw it away." The police officer will then need to ask for proof of them using it for an art project, such as an ICly screenshot or video, or even the teacher backing you up via text or call.

If proof isn't provided, they will be held responsible for being detained and further questioned at the station. Additionally, they could use CCTV to search for any people caught vandalizing a wall (Obviously, if masked during it, you cannot do anything unless they have identifiable attire).

-1 No... that would be illegal in probably every country to detain someone for an empty spray can, spray cans are very normally used outside of spraying walls, if you can buy them at regular stores in Karakura (we shopkeepers have the option to sell them), you shouldn't be detained for having one.

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
+1 / Neutral

Sounds good, but it'd be a rather low-priority idea; While it could be useful for investigations, I don't think it's gonna be used too commonly, specially considering that most spray-paint locations are outside of the CCTV range

layzah

Level 43
layzah
layzah
Omega+
-1 No... that would be illegal in probably every country to detain someone for an empty spray can, spray cans are very normally used outside of spraying walls, if you can buy them at regular stores in Karakura (we shopkeepers have the option to sell them), you shouldn't be detained for having one.
I think it really depends on the situation when detaining someone for having an empty spray can. Such as Them being Right next To a Vandalized wall, masked with An empty spray can.

Of course, the spray would have to look pretty new, judging by the time on the sign. However, they cannot do much without any CCTV proof, sadly.

philbertman42

Level 130
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
If this was implemented, people would just drop the spray can afterwards since they can't do anything with it, which would then make the feature ultimately useless.

Users who are viewing this thread