nylu
nylu
Notable+
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
8/25/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A personal chat filter to censor certain words that you don't want to see.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It's agreed that there are many words people do not enjoy seeing and although there is a filter that you can turn on to disable some of these words, there are some words that people deem acceptable and some that people don't that aren't already censored. People seem to have their own opinions about certain words and because of it, I believe that a personal filter would help.

There are also situations where certain words aren't understood because it gets censored because they may have a word in them that seems inappropriate. Maybe with this, that could be fixed so that people can say those words. Sometimes people want to be able to see certain words and they turn off the censoring but then see a word that makes them uncomfortable and it forces them to turn it back on. It's really inconvenient.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
NEUTRAL

I don't really see the need for this considering that you will hover over the censored text anyway and people will still be warned for their use regardless of censorship

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
NEUTRAL

I don't really see the need for this considering that you will hover over the censored text anyway and people will still be warned for their use regardless of censorship
This was also for words that people may not consider offensive while other people do consider offensive. There are a lot of words that are like that and they aren't currently censored. There will be situations where people also don't know certain words offend people like the suggestion from a few days back that was locked due to drama.

I see what you might mean though, thanks for your feedback!

The_eight8

Level 37
The_8eightYT
The_8eightYT
Omega
Neutral, though beneficial to those easily offended or young, I believe it to be a bit of a lower concern as I believe there are things that need more focus than this. Why do I think of it this way? Simply because I trust the current blurring system and someone using these words in an offensive matter will still get the message across no matter if it's "fuck you" or "**** you" .

milkyram

Level 17
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
+1
i think this would be a good idea! especially because the current filter is a little wack since it censors regular words like g****s, the******, any word that has the letters: c, u & m in them (put together, not spaced out obv), etc. it's incredibly annoying & unnecessary, so it'd be so much more helpful if we can just.. filter out words we REALLY don't want to see rather than the current filter where it censors words simply because they have a word that 'can be bad' in them..

i usually keep the filter off so i can actually know what words someone is saying (like the ones i listed), but then sometimes i see a word that really makes me uncomfortable (like the word used for predators) & makes me want to turn the filter back on. it's frustrating. :/

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
+1
i think this would be a good idea! especially because the current filter is a little wack since it censors regular words like g****s, the******, any word that has the letters: c, u & m in them (put together, not spaced out obv), etc. it's incredibly annoying & unnecessary, so it'd be so much more helpful if we can just.. filter out words we REALLY don't want to see rather than the current filter where it censors words simply because they have a word that 'can be bad' in them..

i usually keep the filter off so i can actually know what words someone is saying (like the ones i listed), but then sometimes i see a word that really makes me uncomfortable (like the word used for predators) & makes me want to turn the filter back on. it's frustrating. :/
Right!

I'll edit the forum and add that as another reason, thanks for your feedback!

Nylu

Level 99
Community Team
Lore Team
nylu
nylu
Notable+
Neutral, though beneficial to those easily offended or young, I believe it to be a bit of a lower concern as I believe there are things that need more focus than this. Why do I think of it this way? Simply because I trust the current blurring system and someone using these words in an offensive matter will still get the message across no matter if it's "fuck you" or "**** you" .
As stated by someone else, some words are offensive that have not been censored due to everyone's personal opinion. I believe some of those people have all the right to feel that way toward those words and should be able to be given the choice to not have to see it regardless of if someone is young or 'easily offended'. Adding to that, there are other situations (as mentioned in the last paragraph of what I've said) that certainly happen to a lot of people. There will always be something more important to focus on when it comes to suggestions but this is one of those things that should be heavily considered like a lot of other suggestions. Think of it like a quality-of-life suggestion.

If there are words that do not offend you at all then you have no worries! Though, please remember that there are people who do have those certain words.

Thanks for your feedback!

DrainingFeeling

Level 59
DrainingFeeling
DrainingFeeling
Omega+
IGN:
nylu

DATE:
8/25/22

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
A personal chat filter to censor certain words that you don't want to see.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It's agreed that there are many words people do not enjoy seeing and although there is a filter that you can turn on to disable some of these words, there are some words that people deem acceptable and some that people don't that aren't already censored. People seem to have their own opinions about certain words and because of it, I believe that a personal filter would help.

There are also situations where certain words aren't understood because it gets censored because they may have a word in them that seems inappropriate. Maybe with this, that could be fixed so that people can say those words. Sometimes people want to be able to see certain words and they turn off the censoring but then see a word that makes them uncomfortable and it forces them to turn it back on. It's really inconvenient.​
+1

fully agree upon this

Users who are viewing this thread