players online

Fire Department addition

draculary

Level 41
Authorization Team
draculary
draculary
Omega
-1 denied a few times before already, as alex said, ems and kpd take over that sorta stuff but it'd be cool fs

CTC0

Level 25
CTC0
CTC0
Notable
I would like to remind everyone that firefighters don't JUST fight fires, they also do rescues

CTC0

Level 25
CTC0
CTC0
Notable
I know, however EMS and KPD already covers it, fires don't happen often too :sob:
I am aware that fires don't happen often, but that is only because there are no firefighters to roleplay a situation like that out, also like I said before in the same comment you replied to, it's not just fires they deal with.

EnderBubs

Level 57
I see where you are coming from, but as a KPD officer and somekne who has taken part in many fire relataed events it truly doesn’t happen that often

The reason they don’t happen often is NOT because we don’t have firefighters, it’s because they are not the most fun to roleplay out and major fire situations need staff approval and such
Fire relataed events and situations can be done by normal players. What’s stopping you from RPing your apartment being caught on fire and creating fake smoke and placing blocks around so it looks like it got burnt? Nothing tbh

Now yes you are correct, firefighters don’t just handle fires. They also can handle smaller situations that can also invovle paramedics and such but again we have EMS and KPD that already have been handling those smaller tasks and situations perfectly

you also have to consider the other factors that go into this. It would need to become a new faction. A new faction lead, new applications, an entire new building which we kinda don’t have room for at the moment. New uniforms, new gear, vehicles, etc etc

This suggestion has been denied over and over again. I understand it may be cool but KPD is trained in handling fire related situations and the other things that firefighters do handle can and IS done by KPD and EMS

Overall the suggestion isn’t bad, I can see where your coming from but you have to look at it in a different light. Creating an entire new faction is hard and takes a lot of time. It took KPD a month just to build our new station so imagine making an entire new fire station, modeling new gear, uniforms, new roles, new applications, and more! All of that takes So much time and effort and also KPD and EMS already handle everything firefighters do perfectly fine!

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
I am aware that fires don't happen often, but that is only because there are no firefighters to roleplay a situation like that out, also like I said before in the same comment you replied to, it's not just fires they deal with.
I know it's not just FIRES, KPD deals with any rescuing situations, EMS usually goes to the scene if it's severe, literally most of the firefighters situations go onto those factions hand and hand. But, the reason they don't happen often is because usually fires are events/set out to be events 99% of the time because you can't just say "whoops, burnt my apartment" which, realistically would burn the whole block and would be too minor to deal with if it is just the singular apartment room...

In general, it'll be denied like the others because this has been suggested many times. In a realistic way, how would they reach quotas? KPD and EMS already got that covered which means less quotas for you and a higher chance being yoinked if it WAS a faction. Who would be faction lead? More models to be made, who would have the time to do that in modeling team? Etc. In general, it wouldn't be a good ideal to add them in with factoring those in.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
Fires are a rare occurrence that happens exclusively during events or planned incidents (like the 2am glizzy fire in the school's microwave lol). KPD and EMT factions/jobs have quite a few roles, such as: rescue, crowd control, risking lives for others, etc. We have enough EMT and KPD people to put out the fire when needed (or school faculty, bringing out fire extinguishers). If there was a role solely for fires, Event team and other SRP Staff would have to make more events or add a working lighters plugin so Firefighters can have purpose in Karakura. If anyone can set things on fire, gangs and pyromaniacs would go crazy. SRP is already pure chaos as it is (in a good way ofc).

LunaJavaEdition

Level 8
Lunameowrp
Lunameowrp
-1 first of all i agree With Valentine_lols and second of all it could take hard work making the roles and building
[Grade 12] Anya I. Nakamura [Grade 12] Jones Nakamura K.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- As it stands not enough fires occur, however in future if Crime took a different path we may consider adding a very small department/faction for this.​

Users who are viewing this thread