mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Fishing & Endurance Attribute Redo

mori

Level 9
What's your Minecraft Username?: yozb
What's the title of your suggestion?: Fishing & Endurance Attribute Redo

What's your suggestion?:
Levelling up attributes (/atr) will provide the player with potion effects to simulate a heightened skill in the subject (with the exception of speed and cooking). I am a player who has reached the maximum level in all, and my experience with these has allowed me to conclude two problems:

Two of these potion effect progressions are redundant:

Fishing: Currently, levelling up finishing will provide you with the Luck potion effect. In Minecraft, Luck affects the quality of enchantment table rolls and quality of fishing loot. However, SRP overrides the vanilla fishing system with their own. As far as I'm aware, the custom system's probabilities and loot does not take luck into account.

Endurance: Endurance is an attribute that rewards you for having well-balanced attributes, being the average of Speed, Acrobatics, Swimming, and Fishing. As you progress this attribute more, it will raise the potion effect level of Water Breathing. However, Minecraft will grant you infinite oxygen levels underwater as long as you have any level of water breathing applied. This causes the incredible feat of maximizing your endurance level making the reward feel like a slap in the face. You are rewarded for barely leveling endurance, and everything after that becomes redundant.

Solutions:
Unless it already does, which I'm not certain of, the Fishing plug-in should take into account the player's Luck effect level and take that into account when deciding fish loot.

Endurance more urgently needs a rehaul. I propose for Endurance to provide the effect that it once did: Additional Maximum Health (more hearts). I am sure there are more solutions but regardless, the current system needs to change.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
The incentivization for players to level up attributes should be rewarded with effects that are not useless.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
As far as I'm aware, the custom system's probabilities and loot does not take luck into account.
I can't say for certain with the current plugin, but the old fishing plugin did take fishing rod enchantments into account. My assumption is that if they're using a newer version of it (alongside their customized game), it will also consider luck when rewarding you fish.

That being said, I think the concept of physical attributes that you have to grind for which only effect your movement on a roleplay oriented server is a bit silly. I wouldn't go as far as suggesting they be removed (yes i would), but I do think that spending effort on developing it further would be a waste of time.

andrei

Level 46
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Fishing atleast from my experience is fun, so I don't see it being changed anytime soon. However the endurance one is abit wacky.

Oliverium

Level 53
Oliverium
Oliverium
Omega+
+1 on the fishing one.
Would be nice to make it so people with higher fishing attribute can catch more uncommon-legendary fish than junk and commons.

Users who are viewing this thread