Fix the language list - veeswrld & co.

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+
IGN: veeswrld
DATE: 02/05/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: Fixing the language list! The language list is really inaccurate and used languages keep getting altered / removed for no reason. Some languages are unrealistically kept just because of GangRPers using them to communicate.

Examples, there are more that I haven't covered. .
The only N+S American language is Esperanto, an international auxiliary communication form created by a man from Warsaw. "Speakers of Esperanto are located in many parts of the globe. The majority of the speakers are found in the United Kingdom, Belgium, Brazil, the United States, Poland, Italy, Germany, and France. " - Majority of speakers are European, so it seems silly to run with it and put it under America. You could've at least put Brazilian Portuguese in there, or something.
1683065008524.png

Tagalog was changed to Filipino, for whatever reason. I don't understand this since if you google it it'll say they're both dialects of the same language, and it feels like it causes way more confusion with this. Even though Tagalog is more widely spoken. This one I semi-understand why it got changed, but I feel like Tagalog would be more widely accepted and common?

1683065168147.png

Arabic has like, a bunch of dialects. I get it can be confusing to have all of the dialects of the language but there's like.. 25 dialects. Again, I can see why this one might not be implented, but it could be fixed up in some way

1683065419698.png

This one confuses me, if you search up Sundanese as a language it says it's a Malayo-Polynesian dialect, reading more will show it's mainly spoken in Indonesia, which is an Asian country. This is also seen when you search it up, I don't know why it's under Africa in that case.

1683065622915.png

TLDR: I get that not all of these suggestions are plausible, but allowing someone to take a look at the list and refine it would be ideal. These are not all of the flaws in the list, just some main ones. Most of this research took me a few minutes to discover, it won't take long to fix it.

HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
It'll just make it more realistic, and actually less frustrating when applying for something and it would make players a little less annoyed when a language isn't there for whatever reason.

Attachments

• 1683065530239.png
    1683065530239.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 4

will!

Level 53
Community Team
Lore Team
lirically
lirically
Notable+
Not a bad suggestion. There are definitely some fixes that may need to be made and the suggestions that are being countered are entirely understandable from a player's perspective. Looking at it from a plugin aspect, there could be issues faced for including a few more languages, but from a player aspect it seems undeniably reasonable to fix certain errors, like the names of languages. Overall, I share an understanding as to why you're frustrated, but if there are any issues plugin-side then that's due to cause problems for making adjustments.

Infi

Level 131
Community Team
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I’m pretty sure this could have gone under a bug report. That said your points are valid nonetheless

solorize

Level 50
Community Team
Media Team
OMG YES +1 !!

Another issue i found is that Indonesian is not listed as a language but Sundanese and Javanese are. I think that if Javanese and Sundanese was available every Indonesian dialect should be added (Balinese, Padangnese, Maduranese, etc) because it just wouldn’t be fair. So I think they should remove the Indonesian dialects and just add “Bahasa Indonesia” because the language is spoken by mostly everyone from Indonesia and if they spoke a dialect they most likely speak Indonesian.

londonview

Level 4
szzsss
szzsss
Rich
+1!!!
Filipino should most likely stay the same as there's a ton of different broad languages that fall under it
Nonetheless I completely agree with this as the list could be at least a bit altered since I'm pretty sure it's been the same for a while now

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We will manually review all of the languages and make changes to this list this weekend.​

Users who are viewing this thread