mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FlashFireKai03's Professor Application

corvudet

Level 2
corvudet
corvudet
Omega
1790650725099.png

Out-Of-Character Information


What is your Minecraft username?

FlashFireKai03
What is your discord username?
flashfirekai03
What is your time zone?
EST


Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
ACCEPTED

https://schoolrp.net/threads/f2brps-language-application.91516/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/f2brps-language-application.92068/

DENIED
https://schoolrp.net/threads/flashfirekai03s-language-application.90968/

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[Grade-12] Marcus Shu
[Grade-12] Juel Padilla
[Grade-12] Kairus Shu
[Grade-12] Kourtney Frumkin
[Grade-7] Kalos Yozora

Describe your activity and roleplay experience on the server:
I would say that I am active pretty constantly, I try to be on as much as I can. Anytime I would be inactive is when life decides that it's going to throw a curveball my way but those are normally easy to get around. I would say my roleplay experiences have been pretty good since I started. I was doing gangrp for awhile but decided to remove myself from it due to the toxicity of it and just decided that I would like to try something new with the faculty faction.
1790625033388.png

In your own words, why do you think professors are important to SchoolRP?
From an OOCly perspective I think they are important because they help students progress throughout school without needing to apply for the factions whilst still keeping the more roleplay aspect of growing as your characters and from an ICly perspective, they are important because the title shows students that there's someone that's going to be in their corner at school to help guide them on a good path in life.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive, you may face demotion or removal from the faction?
That would make total sense to me, It's the same in real life. Every faction on SRP deserves an active player base to help the flow of roleplay. It would be a waste of everyone's time for people to constantly be inactive. Therefore I accept any consequences to my inactivity if that may be the case.
Do you understand if your application is accepted, you may have to undergo professor training?:
That's to be expected. It’s great to further understand your role on the server then to go into the storm blindly!


1790650760387.png

In-Character Information

What's your character's full name?

“I am Marcus Shu, Sir/Ma’am.”
A firm expression would be on his face, he would stand up, his posture would be as straight as a board. He would offer a handshake to the interviewer.

Age (Minimum is 27):
“My legal age is 28 but I like to say I’m 25.”
After releasing from the handshake, Marcus would reach back to pull the chair towards him, finally sitting down. Positioning himself to his state of comfortability, His eyes would fall on the interviewer and with no dip in his voice he would answer the next question.

Nationality:
“I was born in The United States of America but decided to move here in pursuit to teach.”
His eyes would remain locked in on the interviewer whilst answering their next question. Marcus would speak in a stern voice, signaling that he isn't here to mess around, a confident smirk would form on his face.
Preferred Subject:
“Culinary would be my ideal subject Sir/Ma’am. Throughout my years in the U.S. military, we were served food that would’ve killed the tastebuds if we weren’t so accustomed.”
His smirk would remain as bright as ever. He would reposition himself on the chair before answering the next question. He’d finally begun to talk with hands , which was a bad habit that he picked up during his military service.

Describe the character: How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
Standing at 6’4, weighing 200lbs, Marcus Shu would have a firm posture with no room for slouching. His African-American frame would be like a brick wall from all of his years of training. His emerald eyes would glisten in the sunlight whilst his hair would be well kept as if he was heading to a job interview. If someone were to ever see him in a tank top, a tattoo would reveal itself across his back that would read “No Tolerance”. Marcus Shu has a more stern voice that rarely goes soft. He has no tolerance for disrespect towards anyone and he decides to live his life by that one rule.

What are their plans for the future? Optionally, what is their past?
“Throughout my early years, war and violence was the only thing I knew. My parents… weren’t good people. They would mistreat my little brother Kairus Shu who also lives here. It took me a very long time to get over the mistake that my parents made with my siblings and I which led me to join the military. After so many years fighting against our so-called “evils” of the world. It became tiring so I decided to move here to look after my little brother from a distance and to create a life and family for myself.”
Whilst speaking about his past experiences, his smirk would falter revealing that the man before you was indeed human, with the ability to show emotions…. Finally finishing his backstory reveal, Marcus would show a more kind, reassuring look. Showing that he understands his past and is trying to build on from the evils.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
“I believe that all young minds need to be guided in a path that they would deem righteous. Us as teachers can only help them to that path but I will not tolerate disrespect from those who do not appreciate my assistance. I look at my co-worker like they are in the same position as myself to help ignore their difficult character traits. They deserve just as much respect as someone who has fought in any war!”
His stern look would finally return whilst talking about his belief system towards students. His arms would cross once he got to the disrespect portions, revealing that he hates disrespect. He’d cross his legs in the middle of this response.

What is their motivation for becoming a professor?:
“Like I said before, my motivation is my past. My siblings and I have had a difficult life with no one to talk to. I would like to give students who don't have a good past or current life a way to grow and feel better about themselves.”
Marcus would have a more heroic voice while talking about what he wants for his students. He would stand up, fixing his sweater in the process, offering another handshake to the interviewer to thank them for their time and careful consideration.


1790650801191.png

Roleplay Scenarios

A jock is ignoring your lesson and throwing paper balls at another student, what would your character do
?

Marcus is up at his desk, patiently waiting until his students are done with their plates. He would notice that someone is doing everything else but what they are supposed to. “Mr. [last name], would you like to come up front and share with your peers the food you decided to cook?” Marcus would somewhat glare at the jock, hoping that they’d get their act together.
“No I don’t think I will do that.” The jock would stick his tongue out, showing immense signs of immaturity.
Marcus would keep his patient demeanor, but would then show the jock a more mockery look. “Is that right? Do you happen to find joy in others' suffering? That's a bit cruel. Do me a favor and cut it out or I will have to ask you to leave.” His mocking look would disappear to reveal his stern expression once more.
“Ugh fine, I didn't want to bother this loser anyway!” The jock would finally begin to pay attention to his assignment with excellent behavior for the rest of class. “Lets also keep the name calling out of my classroom please and thank you!” Marcus would smile at his ability to help two students, his will to keep pushing towards his end goal would not be faltered.

A student doesn’t seem to understand the material, yet hasn’t requested help, what would your character do?

Marcus would be walking around the room, trying to gauge how students are doing on their assignment, His eyes would fall on one student who seems to be struggling. He would walk back to his desk. Once behind his desk he would correct his chair and sit down. His eyes would fall on the student next to the struggling student. “Mr. [insert name], Mind coming up here for a moment?
The student would stand up, walking towards the teachers desk nervously. “Yes sir, you wanted to see me?” You could tell that the student was nervous at first glance.
Marcus would lock eyes with the student. He would use his hand to signal for the student to come close enough to hear a whisper.
“You see Mr. [insert name], the kid next to you?” He would motion his head towards the student at their desk. “He seems to be struggling. Would you mind offering assistance? He hasn't asked me so I think he doesn't want to feel embarrassed by asking me for help.”
The student would no longer be nervous but happy with the trust that his teacher has placed in him. “I’d be happy to help him sir.” The student would smile warmly at Mr. Shu, he would then turn around and walk towards his seat with a new found confidence.
The student would then sit down and turn his attention towards his seatmate. “Hey bro, you need any help? You don’t have much on your paper.”
He would look over at his deskmate with a small dose of embarrassment. He’d look around to see if anyone else was paying attention to him. “Uhm… sure, How do I do [insert what he’s struggling on]. I’m not really understanding it that well.
Marcus would watch his two students learn from each other from his desk. A big smile would form before he eventually has to end class.

When in the faculty lounge, how does your character act?

Marcus would end his final class before his lunch break. He’d scope through his class, making sure that no students were left there sleeping and would walk outside his door, turning around to lock the door. “That was a good lesson today.” He would make his way towards the faculty lounge with pride, his prideful aura would be bright whilst walking. Finally reaching the lounge, he would take a couple deep breaths before entering. His hand firm on the door handle. “Hopefully there weren’t any issues today…” He would walk in, finding his place to sit, not too far from his co-workers but also not close at all. He’d begin eating his lunch. Paying somewhat attention to his surroundings. If his co-workers talked to him, he would respond in a respectful and mindful tone. After finishing his lunch, Marcus would clean up his area, throwing away whatever trash he had left. He’d then walk towards his door. Turning around bidding a farewell to his co-workers. “Goodbye everyone, Have a great rest of your day!” He’d leave the lounge heading towards his next class.

Provide at least 2 interactive class ideas and one field trip idea related to your subject
​
  • Since I would be teaching Culinary, my students could all make something for their favorite professor or former teacher to take home(given that its edible) we then go find the teachers that the students would like to give their food to (given that they are online)​
  • I could also think a food tasting contest would be a nice idea, whoever makes the best food would receive a sticker whilst the loser would get a congrats for participating and the opportunity to try again the next time I decide to host the contest.​
  • For another class idea, we could try to see if some faculty members who aren't busy would be okay with trying to show their cooking skills to the students, I think it would be a great way to involve more people in the roleplay.​
  • Well with my professor paycheck, maybe one day I can host a small class and talk to a restaurant owner and take my students out for a bite to eat, They will see how professional chefs prepare food and how that food would taste afterwards.​
  • Another field trip idea would be to go see if there are any fresh ingredients in the rooftop garden for my students to pick out and use in their dish. This would help students be more interactive with our environment .​
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top