mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Flashlights

IGN: ValkyriPlays
Date: July 30, 2022
Suggestion: Add flashlights for sale and use in SRP.
Benefit: A lot of places in game, such as the sewers or forest, where lighting isn’t always very good. I feel like it would help with the realism in game.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
If you’re talking about a realistic flashlight; that would be impossible to implement (with the exception of using mods), because such a movement or function doesn't exist in Minecraft itself. I would suggest making torches or lanterns available for purchase rather than flashlights and have them remodelled. Keep in mind that there is a Minecraft setting which allows you to enable “dynamic lights”, this means that you can brighten up a place by simply holding the torch/lantern in your main or off hand (this setting is only available when using Optifine).

Love the idea nevertheless!

Last edited:

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
If you’re talking about a realistic flashlight; that would be impossible to implement (with the exception of using mods), because such a movement or function doesn't exist in Minecraft itself. I would suggest making torches or lanterns available for purchase rather than flashlights and have them remodelled. Keep in mind that there is a Minecraft setting which allows you to enable “dynamic lights”, this means that you can brighten up a place by simply holding the torch/lantern in your main or off hand (this setting is only available when using Optifine).

Love the idea nevertheless!
Maybe the flashlight gives you the night vision effect?

Infi

Level 134
Helper
Builder
oInfi
oInfi
Omega+
I think remodeling the torch, soul torch, or soul lantern to be a flashlight is a cool idea. There’s a setting in minecraft that gives you light around your character if you’re holding a light item which perhaps can be brought in as a mod

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
I think remodeling the torch, soul torch, or soul lantern to be a flashlight is a cool idea. There’s a setting in minecraft that gives you light around your character if you’re holding a light item which perhaps can be brought in as a mod
This would probably work well

Lizalopod

Level 130
If we were going to do smthn like this relying on optifine/dynamic lighting, s probably better to use an item that already glows that isn't a block, like a blaze rod for example

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
+1

cho0ii

Level 175
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
If we were going to do smthn like this relying on optifine/dynamic lighting, s probably better to use an item that already glows that isn't a block, like a blaze rod for example
I believe that setting is built into the game if I am not mistaken

Lizalopod

Level 130
I believe that setting is built into the game if I am not mistaken
It is not, dynamic lighting is like, for example, holding a torch and having it light up the area around you. AFAIK this is only an optifine or dynamic lights mod thing, it hasn't Been added

maraa

Level 211
touchmemara
touchmemara
Omega
+1!!!! it would be really cool, just imagine using it while in the abandoned train station, very nice feeling

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This could probably be done server-side with the light blocks introduced in 1.17. Perhaps there could be a radius around the player where light blocks could be placed; a max-level block would spawn wherever the player was looking while staying inside of the radius and without passing through solid blocks.

If you want a functional "flashlight" with what is currently available, use a dynamic lighting mod (such as OptiFine) and hold the nether star in your hotbar.

sperst

Level 9
frettrick
frettrick
Omega+
+1
replacing a lighting item with a flashlight model shouldn't be too hard to implement

- perhaps a description to the item could be added, prompting the user to enable dynamic lights for the light to be actually visible.

- another idea, right clicking the flashlight turns it on / off. i'm not sure if this is possible to do, simply swapping the torch item with a replica model, just as a different item. would be a cool additional feature if possible. the name of the flashlight could change from: Flashlight [ON], to Flashlight [OFF].

- another idea, right clicking the flashlight turns it on / off. i'm not sure if this is possible to do, simply swapping the torch item with a replica model, just as a different item. would be a cool additional feature if possible. the name of the flashlight could change from: Flashlight [ON], to Flashlight [OFF].
Good idea, although this sounds like it could easily glitch, resulting in a loss of items.

Maybe the flashlight gives you the night vision effect?
If it was night vision, it would probably work well with blindness too. You don't want to see everything perfectly, just the general area. This could add more of a reason for toggling the flashlight as sperst said.

Users who are viewing this thread