What is your Minecraft username?:

flclenjoyer

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
ryan.#8719

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Describe your activity on the server:
If I had to rate my activity out of 10, I’d give it a solid 9/10. I’m on for at least 6+ hours a day on the weekdays, and I’ve been on longer during the weekends. I used to spend most of my time on my College account, Squables Figglehorn. Though nowadays I try to involve myself in more SeriousRP with my other character who is a Grade-10, Hachi Momo.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
No.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I am aware of this fact.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Receptionist

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The Receptionist can be seen as sort of the ‘guides’ of the School. They’re amongst the first people you see as you walk into the building and are there to serve as an informant of all sorts of information regarding locations throughout the school, professors/teachers, and even answer some of the most basic questions. Behind the scenes, they also assist with things regarding meetings, class schedules, and more! In order to thrive in this field, you must keep patience and be able to handle duties such as breaking up fights, distributing detentions, and the most important one of them all… keeping a positive attitude at all times!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have all sorts of experience. I’ve been able to maintain a good balance between my characters of different types of roleplay ranging from FearRP, CombatRP, DetailRP, and I’ve even roleplayed in more laid back settings too. I try to remain very respectful amongst my peers and keep a very open mind when it comes to roleplay as I feel that it’s best not to get super-defensive over other people’s actions.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

https://schoolrp.net/threads/goobrrr-french-application.51769/ [ACCEPTED]
https://schoolrp.net/threads/italian-application-newjersy.51937/ [ACCEPTED]

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

- [College] [Bachelors] [Baseball] :
goobrrr
- [Highschool] [Grade-10] (by choice): NewJersy
- [Bird] : BiggestWeezerFan
- [Highschool] [Grade-9] :
flclenjoyer - New Account but I am getting the hours up on it quickly.

Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Knowing Herman, he’s too old to be getting aggravated with such close-minded comments… So instead, he’d politely ask them to stop saying such profane things to him and would ask him to carry on with his day. If the student were to continue to insult him though, Herman would most likely give him a stern “Knock it off.” He was a man that tried to avoid any form of conflict, however he was not someone who would let themselves get disrespected. If THEY still continued despite his previous request to stop, threats about detention would be brought up.. From there if they still continued detention would be distributed to them accordingly. From there, if their behavior towards Herman became a recurring theme, he’d be forced to contact SLT and let them handle it from there.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Immediately Herman would call for backup from any other faculty member available at the time to help assist in stopping the fight, as well as calling over the nurses in case of any injuries. He’d try to separate the two the best he could by himself until backup has arrived on scene, once they did he’d separate the two students and have himself and another faculty member get an understanding of how this exactly happened, and who else could’ve been involved with it. No matter what the circumstance is, both students should receive a detention for fighting on School grounds as that goes straight against the rules. However, if the Students involved with the fight were to fail to comply and continue to drag on the situation they will be threatened with bringing the issue to SLT.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

It would really depend on how severe the situation was; If it was something subtle and nothing too bad but could escalate into something worse, Herman would most likely pull them aside and let them know what they may be doing could end up being inappropriate/dangerous to those around them. Though if it was something severe, and a hazard to those around them.. He’d immediately intervene and would do their best to pull them aside and let them know what they are doing is not school appropriate. If the situation escalates further, and the school employee continues to endanger themselves and the students, SLT will be contacted and if necessary authorities would be contacted. (AUTHORITIES WOULD ONLY BE CONTACTED IF WHAT THEY ARE DOING IS A DIRECT ATTACK ON SOMEONE.)

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Herman is a man who likes to partake in challenges of the mind! You can find him sitting down, legs crossed, cup of tea in one hand while a pen is in the other, filling out crossword puzzles! If there happened to be fellow faculty members there, he’d always make sure to see how their days’ were and make any sort of small talk as possible, he is a very social guy!

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
seeing (insert name) in his peripheral vision, he’d close his book as he’d raise his head looking at the person eye-to-eye. Clearing his throat he’d say, &f”Good afternoon! How may I help you today?” would give a bright smile, folding his hands in front of him diverting his whole attention towards them!

/me he would count the award tokens that had been handed to him, he’d spin around in his chair as he’d stand up walking over to the prize-bin, grabbing his respective items as he’d walk back over to him and slide him his prizes giving a big ol’ smile! &f”Here ya’ go! Have a wonderful day!”

/me would take out a small piece of paper, and would write down a classroom number, he’d offer the paper to the student, &f”Here you go! You should be able to find Mr.(insert teacher name) there! Just head up to the second floor and you should find it up there.”

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Herman Truman
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Preferred Name: Herman

Age (Minimum is 25): 62
Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Widowed

Academic Degree: Bachelor's Degree
Year of Graduation: 1986
Major(s): Business
Minors: Communications & Finance

Nationality: American
Current Location: Karakura
Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Japanese

Backstory

Herman Truman was born and raised in Nebraska, USA. He was a hard-working boy, growing up amongst a farming family! His Father always pushed him harder so that one day Herman would be able to take over the farm! While his Mother wanted Herman more in School and wanted him to go to college and get his degree! A conflict between his parents that only Herman could solve. Years went by, and Herman found himself more intrigued by learning new things! He enjoyed challenging his brains more than his brawns. This, of course, made his Father upset, but he still supported him.

Herman went on to graduate from Elementary School, Middle school, Highschool, and went on to study Business in College! Leaving home was tough for Herman. He's always been quite the family man; however, it wasn't all so bad when he met the girl of his dreams in college! They did everything together, and sometime in the near future, they even got married! However, Herman wanted to further pursue his education and minored in Communications and Finance! He graduated with his Bachelor's Degree, and he and his beloved wife married and lived in Herman's hometown in Nebraska!

Herman and his wife eventually had themselves a kid! It seemed that Herman was living the dream! Years went on, His kid was growing up right before his eyes, he worked, came home, spent time with the family, and that was that. Eventually, his boy grew up and was off to college. More time passed by, and Herman was hit with some unfortunate news. His beloved wife had been diagnosed with Stage IV Cancer, and sometime later... She passed away. Herman was now alone. Both of his parents by this time had passed away, his wife had passed away, and his Son was working out of the country in Japan. His Son had been working in Japan for a company he had always dreamed of working for. To be separated from his family at home was always a struggle.

You could say Herman became a bit lonely. He tried to keep a positive outlook on things, but at the end of the day, with everything that happened, it was hard to maintain a happy lifestyle. What he needed was change! He needed a new environment! He wanted to be closer to family, so he had decided to move to Japan to be closer to his Son, who now had a family of his own! Herman had already understood basic Japanese from the numerous times of visiting his Son; however, to live in Japan, he must learn to speak Japanese! With the assistance of his Son and his family (along with countless teachers..), he could fluently understand the language and speak it… However, he may sometimes struggle a bit with a few complex words. There it was! He was now close to family, and he had a new environment. Isn't this enough? No, something still felt off. Despite his older age, He felt bored every day. He had been a hard worker his whole life, someone who was productive. Sitting around all day doing nothing wasn't really his… style? He wanted to work in an environment where he could do just that and be productive. He wanted to work in an environment where he could communicate and speak to people daily! That's when he went searching… then WAM! There it was! His interest peaked at nonother than… a high-school receptionist? A bit anticlimactic, I know... However, you have to realize... At his age? There aren't many fields out there that would accept him for that fact, plus the requirements for this field weren't too demanding. So he decided to apply... And eagerly awaits their response

Motivation for Joining KHS:

Since my younger years, I’ve always been a people person! I believe I’d thrive in this field, and I think you guys will love me here too! I’ve been on this earth long enough to know how to deal with some knuckleheads, and I can provide a friendly face for all students & staff! A lot has happened in my lifetime.. And I believe this job is my getaway from the past and the start of a new, great career!

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):

N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

I’m a hard worker and I wanna ensure that the students have a friendly face to look up to when they’re in need of some information! When I do something, I give it my all, 100%. It’s rare to find people like that nowadays, I may be old but I got more pep than most of these youngins'!

Extra

Thanks for reading :D

Additional notes about your application: N/A
Do you have any questions?:

I’m aware that this account hasn’t been played for 7 days, however I’ve been playing on it as much as possible to boost it’s activity and I do in fact have well over 7 days of playtime on my other accounts, If it really is that big of an issue I’m fine with using another account for the role, just let me know!

Users who are viewing this thread