Florida_Vibes | Culinary Teacher Application

Florida_RP

Level 3
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Florida_Vibes

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): florida11

Do you have a microphone?: Yes I do have a working microphone

What is your time zone?: Central Standard Time (CST) (GMT-6)

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I do acknowledge that if I am inactive for an extended period of time without notifying a higher that I will be demoted from my position as a teacher.

Describe your activity on the server: I play everyday on this server, I have 3 main characters that I play and I'm also on a team. I'm usually just chilling around not doing much if I'm not actively trying to meet new people or role play with friends.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/polish-language-application.45448/ Accepted
Second Language Application Accepted
Language Slot Application (Attempt 2) Accepted
German Language Application (Attempt 3) Accepted
Florida_Vibes Language Application Accepted

Lawyer Application LuvnTask Denied
German Language Application (Attempt 2) Denied
German Language Application Denied
3rd Language Application Denied

What are your current roles on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Florida_Vibes [College] [Main Profile]
Florida_Vibes [Grade-12] [Alternative Profile]
Florida_Vibes [Adult] [Alternative Profile]

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

I am applying for the subject of Culinary.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I would like to become a teacher as I would like to teach students how to make their favorite recipes. I am also a big fan of cooking and I would like to share that love of cooking with the students of srp.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT?
I do understand that I am applying for the role of Unqualified Teacher, there has to be a starting point and this is a good place to start my teaching journey in the realm of SchoolRP.

Do you understand if your application is accepted, you will have to undergo teacher training?:
I do understand that if my application is accepted I will undergo teacher training to learn all the essentials of being a teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs document when a player opens and concludes a class. Teacher class logs offer a way for SLT to monitor how many classes a teacher has hosted in a month to determine their status as a teacher and how much they should get paid for the month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
First, No phones in class, a student should be focused on learning the material being presented to them rather than being caught up on a phone posting on onrain or talking to a friend who is not in class. Second is Respect, Respect should be in place at all times inside and outside the classroom and can lead to serious consequences if not consistently followed. Third is responsibility, every student should be responsible for his or her actions. Being responsible will lead to a calm and safe environment for students to focus and learn in.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I’ve been roleplaying for almost 2 and a half years now on SchoolRP starting in November of 2021. I know how roleplaying works from playing SRP alone, I know the rules to roleplaying and what a player can and cannot do on a roleplaying server.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: The people who hold this role are the head of the department of the field they work in. They are the ones who inform SLT on how their field is doing and keep track of the teachers and how their classes operate. They are also the ones that the lower teacher ranks turn to if any help is needed in any situation.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers who have been teachers for a certain amount of time and classes. Qualified teachers are more experienced than newly qualified teachers.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: These are teachers who have just finished training and are now able to host classes using what they’ve been taught. This is also where they receive a classroom to host classes in and are monitored to see how well they do in this field.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: This is the beginning of where teachers start their career. This is where they are trained to host classes, create teacher logs and make tests for students. At this point these teachers do not yet hold a classroom to their name.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers serve similar roles in-game and in real life, they prepare students for life in the real world, and provide students with a source of information if ever needed. Newly Qualified Teachers get a starting pay of 350,000¥ after hosting 10 classes in a month. For every 5 additional classes completed during the month a teacher can earn an extra 50,000¥ to his/her salary up to 500,000¥. Qualified Teachers earn a starting pay of 400,000¥ and can earn up to 500,000¥ by completing additional classes within the month. Some teachers like to speak to students and allow them to ask questions during a class as a way of teaching. Other teachers like to have notes guides that the students have to fill in whilst the teacher talks as a way of teaching, while others prefer to have a more interactive class as a way of teaching students. In their spare time teachers like to grade ungraded papers, spend time with family, go out to eat, take care of themselves, etc.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
They are important to a SchoolRP server because they bring the server to life and provide a more realistic feeling to a server. They are also important because they bring knowledge and wisdom to students to prepare them for exam season.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The school in karakura works on the MoSCoW system. MoSCoW stands for “Must have, Should have, Could have & Won’t have.”

Character Information

Describe the character:
How do they look and act? What makes them unique and different?
Margarete Shimizu is a 28 year old woman with a tan complexion with two sleeve tattoos, one on each arm and purplish blue hair that faded from blue to red that reached down to her mid back region. She makes sure she acts professional and calm, only using anger when it is really required for a situation. She’s unique in the fact that she takes a different approach at things in life trying to find other ways to solve problems that come across her path.

What is their outlook on students and their co-workers?
Margarete believes that students are protege’s that need inspiration to focus on their dreams in life and is not afraid to help a student out if they need any help. She thinks of her co-workers as role models that students can look up to and ask for advice if they need any. She admires the people she works with and what they do for the school and the students.

What are their plans for the future?
Her plans for the future are to spread her love of cooking to students and to inspire the students of Karakura to follow their dreams in life, to at least raise one kid, if not more, and to start her own restaurant business somewhere in the world.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

Tell them to stop swearing and cursing and to use respectful language on school grounds. If they do not listen then I’d hand them a detention slip for swearing in the hallway and not stopping when asked to.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
First I'd ask them to stop talking nicely. If they do not then I’d yell for them to be quiet. If they do not stop talking I'd go grab a Head of Department and ask them to help quiet down the class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She’d act professionally speaking formally to anyone that was in the teachers lounge at the time, always keeping a formal posture even if she was tired, making sure to not make anyone uncomfortable and feel disrespected at all times.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She’d stand at her desk with her hands neatly folded behind her back with a smile always on her face with a single golden tooth sticking out, as she’d watch her students cook away following along with the recipe she was reading aloud to the students from her recipe book that was always opened and filled with sticky notes. She’d then walk from around her desk to pace around the classroom to check up on all the students and to see if they had any questions for her.

/me She’d walk around the classroom picking up food and/or any ingredients that the students had left behind after the class had ended just a moment ago. She’d then walk to the front of the classroom where a trash can was located and she’d toss in the trash she could pick up by hand in said trash can. She’d then walk over to the closet and she’d grab a dust pan and a broom, she’d then carefully sweep the floor of her classroom making sure to not leave any spots unsweeped.

/me She’d grab some stove cleaner from the closet in her room and she’d walk up to the first stove in her class room and she’d begin to clean it making sure to scrub very hard to get rid of all the stains that had been left on the stove top. Once she had finished cleaning the first stove she’d move on to the next one repeating what she had just done. Once she was done cleaning all the stovetops in the classroom she’d put the stove top cleaner away and she’d grab some cleaning wipes and she’d begin wiping down the counters of the students' cooking areas.

/me She’d pull out a bowl from the cabinet below the oven and she’d show it to the class, whilst holding it up she’d say “Ok class! This is the bowl you need to use for this recipe! If you do not have one please raise your hand and I will get you one!” She’d then set the bowl down and she’d start pulling out ingredients one by one showing each ingredient to the students. Once she’d show the students an ingredient she’d set it on the counter next to the oven. Once all the ingredients had been pulled out for the recipe they were going to follow, she’d then instruct the students to form a neat single file line in front of the sink so they could wash their hands. Once all the students had washed their hands she’d clap her hands together with a smile on her face and she’d say “Alright! Let's begin with the recipe!”

Backstory
Born on September 15th 1996 to a young mother and father named Charlotte and Danilov Shimizu in the city of Madrid, was a girl named Margarete. Her parents loved and adored her making sure she had everything she wanted. As she grew up she was taught Spanish, and Japanese. At first she struggled a lot with learning how to write in Japanese, especially in Hiragana and Kanji. Eventually at the age of 5 she was fully able to write in Hiragana and Kanji japanese. She would be Enrolled into elementary school at the age of 5, she would excel at the basic subjects that were taught. She would be a very brilliant student especially in History coming home with all A’s on her report card. Once she got to middle school she’d still show her brilliance to those around her by keeping up her grades and excelling at all the classes she took. By the time she reached highschool she had amassed a 4.0 GPA. During highschool she had begun a hobby of baking sweets and cooking meals. When she found out she could register for Culinary class she wasted no time in signing up for it for her 10th grade year. When she reached 10th grade she was ecstatic for Culinary class. When she finally got to culinary class she fell in love with Culinary as a whole. She loved to work with other aspiring chefs in fulfilling their dreams or hobbies of becoming a chef or teaching others who to cook.

Margarete Began her teaching career at an Elementary school in Madrid at the age of 25. She taught Grades Kindergarten through to the 5th grade. She’d teach kids the basic classes such as Math, English, humanities and social studies. At first she liked teaching these subjects but soon found that she did not like young kids as much as she believed. So after a year of teaching she decided it was time for a change and soon found a job as a highschool teacher in Barcelona. She started off teaching History but found out soon after that they offered a culinary class and transferred over to the Culinary department of the school. She’d work there, teaching grades 9-12 how to cook and prepare food. All would be going well until the school would close down soon after her 28th birthday forcing her to find somewhere else to work. After some searching around she would come across Karakura High School. She’d be delighted to hear that there was a position open in the town she used to live in at the school she used to attend.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Margarete Shimizu
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mrs. Shimizu
Given Name(s): Shimizu
Preferred Name: Margarete

Age (Minimum is 25): 28
Religious Denomination: Shintoism
Marital Status: Married

Nationality: Spanish
Current Location: Frankfurt, Germany

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree: Masters
Year of Graduation: 2014 (Highschool) 2018 (College)
Major(s): Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking arts, and Professional cooking
Minors: Education, History, Food Nutrition

Native Languages: Spanish
Other Languages: French, Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I have a TESOL certificate

Extra

Additional notes about your application: I can't unbold everything that's been bolded that's not supposed to be bolded. The website wouldn't update my application.
Do you have any questions?:
If i get accepted, could i have the teacher role on my primary character slot and my college tag moved to one of my secondary character slots please?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread