mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Forum Level Message Correlation

ErikFinster

Level 124
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
I've been preparing for Christmas and, in a rush to grab some last-minute presents ASAP, I find my brain craving a distraction to offer some procrastination potential.
So... ┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘... I began probing the forum, attempting to decipher the correlation between Level and Message counts. Here is what I figured out, looking at some data points I collected:

1703335890821.png (I also believe that reactions do not contribute to level progression; instead, it seems that only comments/posts are significant in determining your forum level.)

I started with Initial Linear Regression: a simple linear regression model to determine if there was a straightforward linear relationship between message counts and user levels. This provided me with an initial understanding but didn't accurately capture the nuances in the data. Putting it on a graph revealed a kind of curve. ╭( ๐ _๐)╮

After that I explored Non-Linear Models: Seeing that the linear model wasn't quite fitting, especially at higher message counts, I explored non-linear models, including quadratic, logarithmic, and exponential models. These models attempted to capture the curvature in the data but led to impractical implications, like decreasing levels with increasing messages. And it was honestly not likely that we would loose levels if we posted more than 3000 messages. Σ(-᷅_-᷄๑)

I introduced a Piecewise Linear Model: Considering a piecewise linear approach, dividing the data into segments based on observed changes in the rate of level progression, was the next step to go. This involved fitting separate linear regressions to different ranges of message counts, acknowledging that the rate of level increase varied across these ranges.

As more data points were provided, I refined the breakpoints and the number of segments in the piecewise model. This included adjusting the ranges of message counts for each segment and revisiting the linear regressions for each range. I identified specific message counts as potential breakpoints (500, 1500, 3500 messages) that seemed to mark the beginning of new ranges. These theoretical breakpoints corresponded to significant levels (100, 200, 300), suggesting a pattern in how levels might be assigned. (´-`). 。oO()

Now to my models for each range:
Level≈slope×Messages+intercept

Collapsed Low Range
(Messages ≤ 500)
Mid Range
(501 ≤ Messages ≤ 1500)
Mid-High Range
(1501 ≤ Messages ≤ 3500)
Very High Range
(Messages > 3500)
Given the slope is close to 0.20 and the intercept is small and negative, we might simplify this to:

Level=0.2 × Messages

Here, the intercept is eliminated for simplicity, assuming the level starts from zero.
The slope is around 0.10, and the intercept is significant. A simple approximation might be:

Level=0.1 × Messages +50

This assumes a round number for the intercept and retains the original slope.
With a slope around 0.05 and a larger intercept, a simpler version could be:

Level=0.05 × Messages +125

This uses a rounded intercept and a simplified slope.
Two data points are just
not enough to make any
confident statement about the progression of this range.

TLDR;
What are you doing right now, instead of whatever you were supposed to do?

Last edited:

NoZinth

Level 196
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
Woah thats really impressive. I'm making a cat resourcepack with my girlfriend :D

1703338273185.png
1703338329870.png
1703338343836.png
1703338355482.png

HATOLA

Level 271
HATOLA
HATOLA
Rich+
I feelsl ike its my fault, sorry about that
like 1/2 year ago I complained to Tippie & KimiNoUso about the max lvl on the website. . .and they raised the cap but according to kim:
1703700680073.png

for any question u can DM me. . One day I'll be in the max lvl again

ErikFinster

Level 124
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
for any question u can DM me. . One day I'll be in the max lvl again
Hmmmm....
If you keep your current messages per day, you will need (at least) 10 years.

You registered your account on February 18th, 2020.
Today is December 28th, 2023.
That is 1,409 days of forum Membership.
Your Average Messages Per Day are (Total Messages / Total Days)
2,848 messages / 1,409 days ≈ 2.021 messages per day.

Now lets look at the Remaining Messages to Reach Target:
(Target Messages - Current Messages)
10,000 - 2,848 = 7,152 messages remaining.

And the Days to Reach Target (let's assume we need at least 10.000 messages, if not more):
(Remaining Messages / Average Messages Per Day)
7,152 messages / 2.021 messages per day ≈ 3,538.33 days.

So the Target Date would be:
(Current Date + Days to Reach Target)
December 28th, 2023 + 3,538.33 days = September 4th, 2033.

Probably more. 2034 would be more likely. I'm rooting for you!

SIMPL3Z

Level 102
Community Team
Lore Team
Hmmmm....
If you keep your current messages per day, you will need (at least) 10 years.

You registered your account on February 18th, 2020.
Today is December 28th, 2023.
That is 1,409 days of forum Membership.
Your Average Messages Per Day are (Total Messages / Total Days)
2,848 messages / 1,409 days ≈ 2.021 messages per day.

Now lets look at the Remaining Messages to Reach Target:
(Target Messages - Current Messages)
10,000 - 2,848 = 7,152 messages remaining.

And the Days to Reach Target (let's assume we need at least 10.000 messages, if not more):
(Remaining Messages / Average Messages Per Day)
7,152 messages / 2.021 messages per day ≈ 3,538.33 days.

So the Target Date would be:
(Current Date + Days to Reach Target)
December 28th, 2023 + 3,538.33 days = September 4th, 2033.

Probably more. 2034 would be more likely. I'm rooting for you!
the dedication is wild

ErikFinster

Level 124
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
why does this seem like something I would do for fun when I could never even bear to do the work for my actual statistics class smh
The same reason why I wrote Fs in math, despite being a half-German-half-Asian math crack. Classes suck. School sucks. Burn the system.

halfabraincell

Level 13
The same reason why I wrote Fs in math, despite being a half-German-half-Asian math crack. Classes suck. School sucks. Burn the system.
Honestly. I'm good at math but it bores me tbf, but I obsess over physics and thats... mostly math. :')
The only reason I ever liked school was because it gave me something to do during the day. Learning is cool and all but the school system is broken smh

ErikFinster

Level 124
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Honestly. I'm good at math but it bores me tbf, but I obsess over physics and thats... mostly math. :')
The only reason I ever liked school was because it gave me something to do during the day. Learning is cool and all but the school system is broken smh
School is so bad, and it got even worse over the last two decades as I've gathered from conversations with friends who are now parents themselves. Their children's experiences are even worse than our own. The roots of our western education system, particularly the Prussian model, were initially intended to produce factory workers and soldiers. Not ... independent, critical thinking ... individuals.

halfabraincell

Level 13
School is so bad, and it got even worse over the last two decades as I've gathered from conversations with friends who are now parents themselves. Their children's experiences are even worse than our own. The roots of our western education system, particularly the Prussian model, were initially intended to produce factory workers and soldiers. Not ... independent, critical thinking ... individuals.
So true. I've had many a conversation about how there could be a potential education overhaul, but I just can't see it as being feasible due to the nature of many Western countries' priorities. . . It would be pretty difficult to change the education system in such a drastic way as to improve the methodology, so despite its necessity I doubt anyone in control of the issue is actually going to do anything about it anytime soon...
I'm not quite so old and wise yet (lol) but even I know that the system is just not effective anymore - also in relation to the current political sphere, but thats... a different conversation entirely. We might as well just restructure the schooling system entirely, but I dont think that's going to happen - and even if it were to, it likely wouldnt be a great model either. Implementing quick-fixes to better match modern ideals on how individuals need to be educated just hasn't been working to 'improve' on the old models.

Users who are viewing this thread