Omega+
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION
───────────────────────────────────────
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

FOUNDINTHESTARS (applying account!)
HYPN0T1Z3
inspiredbyenvy

If I do get accepted, I ask for my adult role to be moved to the secondary character.

DISCORD NAME & TAG:

elliot3670

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:

EST

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:

Yes!

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I say I hold a rather good activity on the server while being online, I’m always online whenever I’m free. Especially due to my being out of school (at the time of writing the application, as of 8/21, I will be going back to school this week; 8/30.) With every faction I am a part of, I always try to give my all within the faction; dedicating most of my time to it. This also goes along with if I lose interest, going off track; I will go inactive and ask for my role to be revoked. Currently, I am online from when I wake up to when I fall asleep.
Yet when I start school, it will look more like this.​
Monday - Friday​
Saturday - Sunday​
4pm EST - 11pm EST​
9-10am EST - 12pm-2am EST​
I am going back to school very soon. This is more of a note, but this will be affecting my activity.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:

Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:

I have a decent amount of knowledge on Shintoism, as most of my characters do practice the religion, some knowing more than others of course. Yet I am open to learning more.

I understand what people call the basics of Shintoism, I understand some of the rituals that they perform; ext.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I wouldn’t say that I stand out a lot against the other people applying, I would say we all have a fair chance even if they do stand out more. Yet with how much I am online, even with school around the corner I will be able to be extremely active. Especially with my past knowledge of the Shinto religion, and how quickly I am able to learn things (especially if I am interested in it, which is something that I am with the Monastery and the Shinto religion, as the Shinto religion is something I have been interested in since hearing about it.)

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:

Yes! Of course.

───────────────────────────────────────
In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Aphrodite Nabatasai

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-372-3802

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

“My motivation to be applying here at the Monastery is to do everything I have seen the current Shrine workers do, welcome people with open arms! Answer all of their questions, I want to be a person that people know is open to having anything come their way and be a trusted person to the people of the Monastery. Especially with the very small of people actually respecting Karakura’s traditions at this Shrine; I’m more than happy and wish to help out with bringing more people by, letting them know that the Shrine is always free to everyone.. Something that seems to be lacking due to the light amount of people at the Shrine on a day to day basis, and I would personally like to see more people there.”

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:

“I know a lot of the early days of the Shrine, it settled with the two castles that were dedicated to two higher families before the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery came. Also with the saddening burning of the old Monastery, the Kitsune Monastery, was officially built in 1617 by some of the most influential families of its time. It then became relevant again in history books around the 1960s due to a Priest having to be helpful with Poltergeists in a hut in the Kohaku. Yet after that, they haven’t been mentioned in any history books..”

“The Monastery holds multiple places to have people explore, and learn new things about their place in Karakura, they hold a tea house, and gift shop including of an Ema wall, a dojo, and more..”

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear Monastery Lead,

I hope this better meets you in the best of regards. I am sending this letter to you, in the hope of your best health and to come forward about my recent application to be a part of the Monastery. I will have the honor to be able to be one of your Maidens at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, and I wish to lend help to my hopefully future co-workers and leaders. And I hope upon my acceptance I am able to learn more about the religion that I hope to dedicate my time to and be able to teach others about the religion. It is one that is sadly neglected in Karakura even though it was brought up in the routes of Karakura, and I hope to be a lending hand to help people respect the religion more.. Some people I know personally do not know what Shintoism is.

Sincerely,
Aphrodite Nabatasai.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):

Eros Nabatasai was brought into the world, in a family filled with girls. He had no father growing up, and only sisters, which included all Greek Goddess names… Demeter, Euterpe, Kalliope, Kire and Lyssa. At the point where he was around 5 years of age, he transitioned to female. A new family member was born as Eros died, and her family welcomed Aphrodite Nabatasai with open arms, she grew up like anybody else in her family. Private education, has perfect grades, popular in her school groups. She was the perfect child to a perfect family, one of the eldest. A role model for her younger sisters, and even the elder sisters. She was beyond perfect, once she hit the age of 20 she moved away from home and arrived in Japan, She explored what she could until she finished her first year of college which is when she arrived in Karakura. Once she turned 21, she joined Karakura college. She quickly fit in as she joined the Cheerteam, and made friends, yet she was never considered popular. She stayed to herself in Karakura, she was told by her friends to stay to herself in the crime city.

On her 22 birthday, she went ghost hunting by herself. A rather risky choice, in the abandoned train station of Masamaru. She had an encounter with one of the spirits, which left her with a phobia of fire, and fearing her sanity. She quickly left college afterward for the purpose of bettering herself and realizing if what she witnessed was a hallucination or real. She arrived in Karakura a few months later in the hopes of seeing one of her love interests. Which has been met to null during her time so far.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

“Showing people around the Shrine, holding weddings, tarot card readings, and helping out people who wish to be able to learn more about the Shintoism religion. They include more, such as holding rituals to hold Karakura close to the Kami, making sure the relationship is stable between both. Sell the items that are located in the gift shop section, help people out with the Ema wall, give guests tea, and much much more.”

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:

“Approaching the purification station and/or area with good intent, using the dipper, you wash your hands. Starting with your left, then moving to your right hand, drinking some of the water with your left hand before washing the hand once again. Using the remaining water to clean the dipper handle, holding it in both hands.”

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

“There are many and many different offering Rituals, one of them can be listed as a ‘Norito’, which are Shinto prayers, sent in by the Priests or the worshippers. They normally contain words of praise to the Kami, normally brought along is a request, and a list of offerings. This can also be something that a Priest does to a visitor before they are allowed to visit the shrine..”

“There are many more besides the one that I have listed, all of them holding different meanings and done with different items, ext.”

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:

“Of course, the first thing you need to do is hand out invitations for it, During this; normally the host will decide on utensils and ceremony decor! Along with preparing it, cleaning the room is a must. Also laying out seasonal flowers and the chosen utensils; guests must clean their hands beforehand. Guests are expected when walking into the tea ceremony room they bow at the door, once entering they will receive some sort of sweet, people that have experienced a tea ceremony before will be served first.”

“Yet this can also be done rather quickly at the Shrine, with everything prepared properly.”

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:

“Tamagushi ; a Shinto offering made from a sakaki tree branch that is decorated with shide strips of washi paper, sink, and/or cotton. They are normally presented to Kami by the Priests, at weddings, funerals, and other ceremonies at the Shinto shrines.”

“Ofuda ; is an amulet received when you enter a Shinto shrine inscribed with the name of a Kami and is intended to bring good luck and safety by the people that hang these in their homes. Omamori are similar, yet smaller and portable that provide safety and security.”

“Kagura Suzu (Deity Entertainment (Kagura) Bells (Suza) ; They are a special ritual tool, normally used by Priests during a ceremony; especially Shrines that enshrine Ama No Uzume no Mikoto; or Miko. Every one of the Kagura Suzu has 15 bells, no matter the size. Three bells at the top, 5 in the middle, and 7 at the bottom. These numbers can also be found in the Shichigosan, of the 7-5-3 ceremony for children.”

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:

Tengu Kami

(Tengu aren't usually kami, the temples are normally located in sacred forests and mountains associated with them. - Yet they are places that Aphrodite visited a lot during her childhood.)

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app due to its lack of detail. Feel free to reapply in the future! Try to think of what separates you from other applicants, maybe it's something like how you love Japanese folklore, or that you already roleplay at the shrine, etc.​

Users who are viewing this thread