Fox Type Suggestion

moral1ty

Level 13
moral1ty
moral1ty
Notable+
IGN: m0rxlity
DATE: February 21st, 2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION: A second fox texture, specifically cross foxes.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?: Having a second fox texture would be helpful and interesting to have in general, as not every fox is the same in real life. You would be able to tell different characters apart more easily and allow for more creativity. It gets bland seeing the same red fox constantly, though they are adorable, and I think it'd be nice to mix it up a little. I have researched different species of foxes, and which ones are present in Japan. Red foxes are prevalent there, so for realism, I crossed out most options. I discovered that cross foxes are just red foxes with a melanin mutation, so I believe it'd be plausible to have cross foxes in Karakura. I don't think this would take too long to add, though I'm not sure how the animal whitelist plugin works fully, so correct me if I'm wrong. I know some people enjoy more dark-colored animals (think how many were using the german shepherd disguise!), so cross foxes would cater to those people as well.

Real-life cross fox photo
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 2.31.54 PM.png
EXAMPLE of what the texture could look like! (credit to MrLM on PlanetMinecraft!)

1645475592529.png
Another EXAMPLE! (credit to Americanstone on PMC!)
Screen Shot 2022-02-21 at 2.34.58 PM.png

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable

99% sure the arctic fox was a texture for foxes until they just recently made that the raccoon texture. There are only 2 fox types they can use in vanilla Minecraft, meaning that this simply won't be possible. One is being used by the regular fox, other is used for the raccoon whitelist.

Gunna!

Level 100
Veganlaser
Veganlaser
Omega
Won’t be possible since both fox textures from Minecraft 1.15 is already being used for fox and raccoon if they were supposed to add this theynwould need to remove either the original or raccoon texture so overall wouldn’t be possible

andrei

Level 45
StardusCrusader
StardusCrusader
Rich+
Ironically you can do this with the use of optifine's random textures. It's really simple to do as your just going to make a file for it and such. There's a whole video for it, though I'm not sure if they will be using that method to add more mobs in the game.

Lizalopod

Level 130
Ironically you can do this with the use of optifine's random textures. It's really simple to do as your just going to make a file for it and such. There's a whole video for it, though I'm not sure if they will be using that method to add more mobs in the game.
optifine isnt.. that good anymore- ***coughs in sodium***

plus depending on one mod will just make it annoying for the ppl who don't have it

moral1ty

Level 13
moral1ty
moral1ty
Notable+
ah alright, thank you all for telling me/for your feedback! that sucks but racoons are equally as cute so I'm not too upset lol

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your feedback.

- This would be a nice feature, however as we've used both the Arctic Fox & Regular Fox textures we can no longer add more.

Users who are viewing this thread