mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

FreePretzels' Awesome Animal Whitelist Rework!

PretzelEnthusiast6969

Level 11
FreePretzels
FreePretzels
Rich
IGN:
FreePretzels​
DATE:
01-10-2023 (DD-MM-YYYY) (Thanks for the help, Ethan)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I propose a rework to the animal whitelist, repurposing the /SetAge feature to be more server-inclusive.​
Ever since buying an animal whitelist on one of my alt accounts, I've been baffled by a certain trivial design choice in regards to how the animal whitelist is handled; Why must I choose the animal I wish to play as at the checkout? What happens if I wish to change to a different animal?​
I have a rabbit whitelist account languishing in limbo as I feel like I have no use for a rabbit character at present, yet I still wish to play as other animals on this server. Now, as a skint college student desperately searching for ways to make money, food and travel expenses are at the top of my priority when it comes to spending money, not a Minecraft server teasing me into spending money on frivolities like what animal I can play as.​
This is why I suggest that we add a new in-game menu to SchoolRP - the /SetAnimal menu. Once a player purchases an animal whitelist they will receive access to this new menu listing off all animals possible to play as on the server, allowing them to switch to an animal once per day by clicking on the respected slot (human included).​
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This small change to how animal whitelists are handled will allow not only me but other players to feel more secure in our decisions, not being locked into one choice until we fork over more dough.​
It could also have the added benefit of enticing more players into buying animal whitelists, allowing more opportunities to RP with new characters (and funding the server at the same time)!​
FAQ (This section will change to answer duplicate questions I see down below):

How do we avoid animal whitelist owners abusing their ability to switch animal?
One way animal whitelist owners could abuse this new system is using the bird's flight mechanic to enter restricted areas and switching back into a human to break rules.​
We can avoid animal whitelist abuse through the combination of the cooldown period (24 hours between animal switch) and sending players back to spawn whenever they swap animals.​
How do we avoid accidental animal switches?
Since my idea hinges off the use of a menu, its not out of the question that misclicks will occur, leading to people being stuck as an undesired animal for the following 24 hours.​
We can avoid this by prompting the player to click the desired slot again to confirm their choice.​
Doesn't this system kill SRP's revenue/Current system works fine, why change it?
My argument is that consumer-friendly systems will drive more people to buy it. Yes, having a system which stops duplicate purchases will have the added effect of decreasing a MINOR amount of money the the server makes (bear in mind that animal whitelists are outshined in regards to how many people purchase them in comparison to ranks, rank upgrades, custom items, and custom vehicles) but it also means that people will be more open to the idea of buying a whitelist if it means that the punishment for not being happy with their decision isn't money taken out of their pockets.​
And, for the people saying that the current system is fine... Isn't the point of the suggestion page to make the server better? By giving no further feedback other than "no" serves nothing than to make the server stagnate. If you disagree with my reasoning, please give me a reason why.​
(More to come, probably...)​

UPDATE:

As of roughly 30 minutes after uploading this, I read the feedback in this thread and in my DMs and was IMMEDIATELY made aware of a far superior alternative to this suggestion which avoids the price gouging that the current method tends to do to indecisive players and also ensures that SRP continues to get consistent revenue.

Because of this, I have decided to make a sister thread to this one detailing the methods

Stay tuned (if you care as much as I do about this kinda dumb topic)​

Last edited:

imgayforwomen

Level 110
byewilliam
byewilliam
Rich
+1

I don't have an animal whitelist but I always found it insane that people had to pay to play as an animal that they won't be able to change in the future unless they bought another whitelist.

V_Is_Fruity101

Level 114
Spacetism
Spacetism
Rich+
+1

This helps if, say for example, someone is roleplaying as a service dog but the handler says "Hey, I'm gonna be on vacation for [insert how long]". Sometimes., people still want joy from roleplaying as an animal but making another dog char would make it crazy so yes.

Crazy? I was crazy once. They locked me in a room. A rubber room. A rubber room with rats. and rats make me crazy....

DylanDeNewb

Level 33
Community Team
Developer
instrumentalityi
instrumentalityi
Fundraiser+
No. We should be aiming to grow in revenue, to be able to afford new systems for players, not reduce it.

kustomzero

Level 129
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
-1 I've never had an animal whitelist before but I haven't seen any complaints about it. Also agreeing what DarkEclipic and Dylan said.

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+
+1/-1

I like this idea, but I also understand the reasoning behind those who disagree. So, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

cho0ii

Level 174
Community Team
Event Team
cho0ii
cho0ii
Rich+
Neutral

As someone who would love to buy an animal whitelist (but alas, I am broke) it's always been a big deteror that I cannot change the animal. For example - If I were to buy an animal whitelist for the specific purpose of roleplaying as a service dog for a friend, but then said friend leaves the server, I would have no use for the service dog or the whitelist, and if I wanted such I would have to spend my few pennies on a new one. I would like if this was available, but unfortunately, SRP still needs a solid wave of revenue that they would get from these animal whitelist repurchases, to improve the server and plugins. So currently I will be staying neutral on this topic.

IGN:
FreePretzels​
DATE:
01-10-2023 (DD-MM-YYYY) (Thanks for the help, Ethan)

WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
I propose a rework to the animal whitelist, repurposing the /SetAge feature to be more server-inclusive.​
Ever since buying an animal whitelist on one of my alt accounts, I've been baffled by a certain trivial design choice in regards to how the animal whitelist is handled; Why must I choose the animal I wish to play as at the checkout? What happens if I wish to change to a different animal?​
I have a rabbit whitelist account languishing in limbo as I feel like I have no use for a rabbit character at present, yet I still wish to play as other animals on this server. Now, as a skint college student desperately searching for ways to make money, food and travel expenses are at the top of my priority when it comes to spending money, not a Minecraft server teasing me into spending money on frivolities like what animal I can play as.​
This is why I suggest that we add a new in-game menu to SchoolRP - the /SetAnimal menu. Once a player purchases an animal whitelist they will receive access to this new menu listing off all animals possible to play as on the server, allowing them to switch to an animal once per day by clicking on the respected slot (human included).​
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
This small change to how animal whitelists are handled will allow not only me but other players to feel more secure in our decisions, not being locked into one choice until we fork over more dough.​
It could also have the added benefit of enticing more players into buying animal whitelists, allowing more opportunities to RP with new characters (and funding the server at the same time)!​
FAQ (This section will change to answer duplicate questions I see down below):

How do we avoid animal whitelist owners abusing their ability to switch animal?
One way animal whitelist owners could abuse this new system is using the bird's flight mechanic to enter restricted areas and switching back into a human to break rules.​
We can avoid animal whitelist abuse through the combination of the cooldown period (24 hours between animal switch) and sending players back to spawn whenever they swap animals.​
How do we avoid accidental animal switches?
Since my idea hinges off the use of a menu, its not out of the question that misclicks will occur, leading to people being stuck as an undesired animal for the following 24 hours.​
We can avoid this by prompting the player to click the desired slot again to confirm their choice.​
Doesn't this system kill SRP's revenue/Current system works fine, why change it?
My argument is that consumer-friendly systems will drive more people to buy it. Yes, having a system which stops duplicate purchases will have the added effect of decreasing a MINOR amount of money the the server makes (bear in mind that animal whitelists are outshined in regards to how many people purchase them in comparison to ranks, rank upgrades, custom items, and custom vehicles) but it also means that people will be more open to the idea of buying a whitelist if it means that the punishment for not being happy with their decision isn't money taken out of their pockets.​
And, for the people saying that the current system is fine... Isn't the point of the suggestion page to make the server better? By giving no further feedback other than "no" serves nothing than to make the server stagnate. If you disagree with my reasoning, please give me a reason why.​
(More to come, probably...)​

UPDATE:

As of roughly 30 minutes after uploading this, I read the feedback in this thread and in my DMs and was IMMEDIATELY made aware of a far superior alternative to this suggestion which avoids the price gouging that the current method tends to do to indecisive players and also ensures that SRP continues to get consistent revenue.

Because of this, I have decided to make a sister thread to this one detailing the methods

Stay tuned (if you care as much as I do about this kinda dumb topic)​
+1
I agree with this entirely

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- Unfortunately we will not be doing this as we previously said in another suggestion.​

Users who are viewing this thread