Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yuh, clumzee_
List your timezone and country:
England, GMT
Describe your activity:
Regular, most days a week
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
Saw empty slots, thought "Why not?" and decided to apply. Also cus imma be so good at it
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I write in my free time, and consider myself to be quite good at it.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Why, of course!
Why should we accept you over others?:
Because I am very good at writing and want to write for the server :)
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yuh, I will be showing ZERO bias (real)
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
I do, I will be hella active
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I imagine that work as a reporter is as follows: You sniff out a story at every opportunity, always looking for the next headline! And once you find one, oh boy! You do your research, investigate interesting things in the story, connect the dots, in order to figure out a fully-fledged news segment. But sometimes, the news finds you. A spontaneous event, a fire or riot, it's up to you to report them, to be the one pillar of truth in a world of lies! Also, the zoo might be in town, and how can anyone NOT do a story on the pandas??

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Leon Fullenheim
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Mr, and just call me Leon.
Current Age (25+): 36
Past job/work experience: I worked as a freelance ghost-hunter for a few years, and ran a blog.
Degree/qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Journalism
Nationality and born location: German, born in Munich.
Phone Number: 030-998-3012

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
As a passionate and aspiring reporter, I have a hunger for uncovering the truth and sharing it with the world. With a strong foundation in journalism from Karakura School, I am eager to embark on my career in the field. I possess a keen eye for detail, exceptional research skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear, concise, and engaging manner. My experience is journalism has honed my ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines, and collaborate effectively with diverse teams. I am committed to ethical reporting, driven by a genuine desire to inform and empower my audience. With a tendency to sniff out a scoop at any given time, and a commitment to journalistic integrity, I am excited to bring fresh perspectives and compelling stories to Karakura News as a dedicated and enthusiastic reporter. You really couldn't ask for a more dedicated person!
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I am interested in writing about whatever I can find, and I'll achieve it by never passing up a chance for a good headline. And, you could say that being out of my comfort zone, IS my comfort zone, I thrive on pressure, and fear keeps you fast and alert.
What are your expectations for the job?:
My expectations for the job are fairly simple, yet not at all expecting it to be easy. I expect that I will have to put in a lot of hard work, I will be basically always on the job; I might be in slight danger, should I uncover a conspiracy that the government is slowly filling the subway systems with mold; and that I'm going to need to be in it to win it. And I accept all of that, along with the risks it brings.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
No criminal record, I am an upstanding citizen!
Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Japanese, German

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

[!] Your eyes would catch at the flashy headline

BREAKING NEWS! GOVERNMENT ADMITTED TO DUMPING EXCESS BLACK MOLD INTO KARAKURA SUBWAY SYSTEM!

[!] There would be a photo of a hideous black mass, inside of a subway tunnel.

A recent statement today has been issued by the Government of Karakura, after reports of black mold being found inside the subway system were released. Train workers had reported finding an alarming amount of toxic black mold inside the subway tunnels, and on the outside of their trains. A local train conductor was quoted as saying the following: "It was like someone had spilled paint into the tunnels, but when I went to clean it up, I found out that it was some sort of black mold instead! The stench was horrible. I had to dump buckets of bleach on it, just to get it to go away!" This is not the only report of the mold, as many other workers have come forward to support the quote, as well as countless citizens saying that they had seen it in the stations. It was later found that the source of the mold came from no other place, but the Karakura town hall, and accusation began to spring up, claiming that the Government are trying to brainwash the town, and infect us with the mold. The government addressed these allegations, in a statement that they released today, reading: "It has come to our attention that copious amounts of black mold have been found inside of the subway system. This has led to the government being accused of polluting the system, in order to brainwash the population. We would like to address this, and would like to inform you that these accusations are nothing more than a rumour. The government has had nothing to do with this intentionally, and we will be devoting resources in order to investigate, and eliminate this issue." This did not soothe crowds, as a small riot broke out shortly after, leading to the arrest of two individuals. This begs the question: If the government didn't do it, then who did? Was it a malicious attack? Did somebody just leave some food out for too long? All this has yet to be revealed, so stay tuned and report anything you can on the matter! Just contact somebody at Karakura News, and tell them your information. All tips are completely anonymous, and will not be passed onto authorities.

Well, Ciao for Now!
-The Leon Report, Karakura News.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[!] A tape recording would begin playing.

"This interview will be recorded for legal purposes, are you okay with that?"

"Uh, yeah sure. I don't mind."

"So, would you mind telling me your name?"

"My name is Toshinori Yagi, and I work on the trains."

"Very good. Now, Mr. Yagi, can you tell me exactly what happened on the day you found the mold?"

"Well, it all started that morning, when my passengers were all coughing on the train. I wondered what the problem was, so I went to investigate. It was during that investigation that I found the mold."

"Could you please describe the mold?"

"It was disgusting, like a sickly black void, with no shadow or texture. It was as if the universe itself had a hole in it. And then there was that awful smell!"

"What did it smell like?"

"It smelled like death, it was extremely pungent. Do you know what a rotting corpse smells like? Imagine that, but 100 times worse."

"And what did you do, once you found this mold? Did you clean it, or did you report it to someone?"

"Well, I had no idea what to do, so I told my supervisor that it was there, then I get told to clean it up, like I'm some janitor. I run trains, not clean the tunnels! But, I did it anyway, because I just *love* my job..."

"And, I'm assuming that it didn't go well?"

"It went terrible. I start cleaning it with a snow-shovel, and I swear that it starts to move! So naturally, I freak out and start hitting it with my shovel. At least, I tried to. As my shovel hit the surface, it snapped in half! The half that I wasn't holding started sinking into the mass of mold, so I run out of there as fast as I can."

"And what happened next?"

"Well, we tracked the location of the tunnel, and it turns out that the mold was exactly underneath the town hall! In my opinion, I think that the mayor is behind it. They're trying to brainwash us, and make us all think that everything is normal, when they're actually filling our houses with mold!"

"Uhh... could you care to elaborate on that?"

"Sure. So, if nobody has an opinion, then they can't get mad at all the absurd laws that they're implemen-"

"No, Sir. I meant if you could elaborate on how you tracked where the mold was coming from. Could you do that?"

"Oh, well, it's pretty simple. We just use the GPS code of the mold, and track it to find what's above it. It's how we found that a small portion of the mold had also made its way into the sewers."

"The sewers? Doesn't that mean that the water could potentially be contaminated by this mold?"

"I guess that it could be. This is exactly what the government wants!"​

[OOC]
Additional Information: None.​

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You are free to re-apply at any point in time!

Users who are viewing this thread