kustomzero

Level 130
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
IGN: KnotAlive
DATE: 8/22/2022
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Adding a /f mute command for the Friends System.
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:
Don't want to disable /f requests? Are you tired of being spammed with [FRIENDS] KnotAlive is now online! x8? I think adding a /f mute command for the Friends System would come in handy. It's fairly simple how it'd work, with the /f mute command being implanted into the server this would allow players to either mute notifications of the Friends System they will still get friend requests though the notification won't appear in chat. When the /f mute command is disabled players will get the normal notification system knowing when their friends come online. Overall I think this be very helpful for the Friends System.​

Kana

Level 130
ImKana
ImKana
Notable
+1 I guess?? This isn't rlly a problem for me, especially with the spam compression feature on clients like lunar and feather. . if anything it's actually kinda funny, but the option might be nice.

philbertman42

Level 138
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Honestly, I thought toggling the notifications was already a feature; it's one of those things where it's implemented on every other server, so I don't see why we shouldn't have it.

That being said, I do like knowing when my friends are online, but I don't enjoy being spammed when somebody is stuck in relogging hell, sending "player is now online" every third microsecond. I'll piggyback off of your thread to say this, there should be a cooldown implemented on the "player is now online" notification. It would neatly solve the issue of chat spam without forcing players to choose between all friend notifications or none.

Hamburger

Level 187
LocalHamburger
LocalHamburger
Fundraiser+
+1
I swear, I used to sometimes have some of my friends send me 200 messages in 2 seconds.

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your feedback!

- This is already a feature we've implemented.​
- /f toggle requests toggles receiving friend requests​