Rich
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

The account I'm applying with is FrostRP

Discord Name & Tag:
FrostBubble#5772

Previous bans:
I do not have any bans on any account I have that I know of, though I do have one warn on my main that I know of for using glitches. Specifically, using /carry through glass panes.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say that I'm somewhat active on the server, and at some point I was logging on every day when I can be on, which on weekdays is usually in the afternoon, but on the weekends I can be more active. However, as of posting this, I recently haven't been active as much, but still managing to log in once about every other day.

Which timezone are you in?
EST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:
The majority of my applications are for languages, but I'm unsure if my application for the Journalism Club and the in-character college exams would count, though for those I've been accepted for both.

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying is that roleplaying as a student has started to become almost repetitive and not as exciting as it used to be, but also that I've become interested in how police forces operate, even though I acknowledge that police forces irl are different than the KPD.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
While I was considering on whether or not to apply, seeing this question has encouraged me to go deeper in searching into how police forces operate and the equipment they use.
First off, the rankings.
The ranks that have the highest level of responsibility and authority are the Commissioner and the Captain, since they both are leading the police force.

In the KPD, there are two branches, the main branch and the detective branch.
The ranks for the detective branch will be listed below, highest to lowest:
Police Detective Superintendent
Police Detective Chief Inspector
Police Detective Inspector
Police Detective Constable

The ranks for the main branch are listed below, from highest to lowest:
Police Lieutenant
Police Sergeant
Police Corporal
Patrol Officer
Police Cadet

There are certain items that the police force in Karakura utilizes that can parallel with police officers irl, like:
Pepper spray
Glock 17
Police cruiser

Some items, though, such as the Glock 17, can’t be used by lower ranking officers until they get to a higher rank.

Other things that police can utilize include the CCTV, a camera system that is often set in public areas so that in case a crime was committed there or if there is a hint to a possible case, then officers can check the cameras.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police is important to SchoolRP because the server is set in a town, and usually a town would need law enforcement so that crimes don't go unnoticed. In the context that Karakura is a crime-ridden town, a way to try and stop crime is needed so that it doesn't end up becoming difficult to handle. GangRP would basically have no easy way of being stopped ICly if there were no police force.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
I do acknowledge that I can be demoted at any time.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
I do.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Tanako Noriko

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, He/him

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

High School Diploma and a Bachelors' degree in Criminology.

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
Spanish

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Tanako would seem to stand at about 6 feet, and alongside this, he would also have a slim build. He would have slightly messy, black hair and green eyes, almost like ivy leaves. He would often be seen in casual attire outside of work, and alongside his casual attire, he can also sometimes be seen with at least one scarf.. He has an attachment to them. Despite this, in his work attire he might not be seen with one.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
While in a professional situation, Tanako tries to act as serious as possible, though sometimes a chuckle or a snicker can sneak through if someone said something he thinks is funny. During a casual situation, he sort of lets go of his seriousness, even if just a little, and though he can be shy at times, he also sometimes acts silly as well!

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
He enjoys working with co-workers and if they needed assistance, he would try to be there when he can. Even though he can find it difficult to communicate with his co-workers, he still wishes to get along with them somehow.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
While he wouldn't see himself as a leader, he would be open to try it out!

BACKSTORY (100+ words)
Tanako was born in Japan, to a middle-class family before moving to Mexico a few years later. There, Tanako would start to learn Spanish and try to fit in with the society there. Once he was in first grade, he would begin learning Spanish, but quickly lost interest. It was his mother showing him the culture around Mexico that led him to continue learning it. He didn’t make many friends during his elementary school years, but this changed once he entered middle school. He would make friends with a group of students who would often be described as troublemakers. They would often get in fights with other students and sometimes end up in detention. It was only until the last year of middle school that he realized that they were a bad influence. He cut off contact with his friends once high school started, and became interested in criminology and law, so he decided to study that in his free time. So, once he graduated from high school, he tried pursuing a degree in criminology! However, the first few colleges he tried entering didn’t accept him, so he looked into colleges in the United States, and eventually one accepted him. Once he graduated, he found online that there was an island town that had many job opportunities, Karakura. So he booked a flight and flew over to the island, hoping to be able to get hired somewhere.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, owning a pocket knife would go under possession of illegal weaponry.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
Bandages, cough syrup, paracetamol, surgical mask, and eyepatches.

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
I would first ensure the body camera is on, so I can provide evidence that this co-worker is abusing an inmate, before trying to ask them to stop. If they don't, however, I will try to separate them. Once they were separated and I ensure my co-worker didn't cause major damage to the inmate, I would let a higher up or the commissioner know about what happened.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I saw my co-worker being assaulted, if it was by one person, then I would try to separate them or use my taser, but if it were multiple people or someone with a weapon, I would take out my radio and try to call for backup, maybe even requesting for EMS to come over depending on the situation.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I found out my co-worker is corrupt, then I would let a higher up or even the commissioner know about it before looking into whether there is other evidence that proves this would be true.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would let them know that what they just did was a crime, and fine them for it. If I do know they're a criminal, I would detain or arrest them, with bribery being added onto what other crime(s) they tried to or did commit.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETENCE
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread