Accepted frowningfriend's Counselor Application

tukoi

Level 11
gyuh
gyuh
Fundraiser
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?:
frowningfriends (possibly changing in the future)

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
madeira#0001

Have you ever been banned (If yes when and why?):
I have never been warned or banned.

Describe your activity on the server:
I am online almost the whole day logging on from around 7AM to around 12AM (EST). I am not too active on the forums unless I know something is going to happen on the forums, but if needed I am able to check forums if asked to.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I am aware that being inactive will get me demoted.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
I will be applying for Counselor.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A School Counselor is an individual that helps a student work out their personal, emotional, and social problems or issues such as bullying, disabilities, depression or low self-esteem, not doing well in education, or friendship/relationship issues. They also help them overcome their issues to possibly help the student succeed in their educational life and overall personal life.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
In my perspective, I would say I have a lot of experience in the roleplay community and especially in the school genre of roleplay as I have been roleplaying in the school genre for about 3 years.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

✓ - https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.32242/
✓ - https://schoolrp.net/threads/atsenals-korean-application.22393/

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
In this situation I would remain calm, kindly approaching the student informing them how hard school staff works for students. I would also Address their disrespectful behavior as well as warn them that what they are doing could have bad consequences. If they were to continue behaving like this, I would result in giving them detention, possibly ending in suspension if the situation has gone too far.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
I would attempt to calmly intervene and put a stop to what is happening, If the students do not stop and it has gotten to the point where if I were to intervene I could get physically hurt, I will ask for another school employee who could stop the students to help me with the situation. After both of the students are no longer physically fighting I will give them both detention.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how do your character react?:
Firstly, I’d warn the employee that what they are doing isn’t right. If they ignore this and continue the inappropriate behavior, I will inform a school employee with a high position about what the school employee is doing.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Mina would act with respect and professionalism to her co-workers whilst in the breakroom. She would finish some paperwork if she had any then proceed to chat to her co-workers for a short period of time till she went back to work.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

(1)
/me &7&owould move her arm down, opening the drawer and pulling out a book. Placing the book in front of her, she would then open it to the first page, beginning to read the book whilst licking her thumb slightly and placing it on the top corner of the page. &f&l[+]
/me &7&oShe would then flip the book to the next page, patiently waiting for a student to come up to the desk in front of her.

(2)
/me &7&oShe'd politely gesture the student towards the seat across from her, &f”Please take a seat, could you give me some information about you before we start, such as your name?” &7&oShe'd say before opening her notebook, preparing to write &f&l[+]
/me &7&odown a few notes.

(3)
/me &7&owould listen to the student carefully, when the student finished every sentence of their speech, she would write down on the notebook infront of her.

(4)
/me &7&owould slide the notebook to the other side of the table, handing over a pencil to the student, &f”May you fill this out for me, please?” &7&oas she’d placed her hands on top of each other, patiently waiting.

(5)
/me &7&owould breathe slowly in and out whilst she’d gesture her hand for the student to repeat what she had done, trying to calm the student down.

In-Character Section
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

Full Name:
Mina Kon

Age (Minimum age is 25):

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Academic Degree:
Associates Degree

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
English, Computer Science, Geography, Psychology

Minors:
Mathematics, History, Chemistry

Backstory:
Mina Kon’s story began when she was first born on December 29th, 1991, born in an average household with her two older brothers in a city named Kaesŏng in North Korea. Mina’s life was pretty average, until around age eleven she found out that her father got executed for trying to leave North Korea three times for a personal business meeting. Mina began to live without her father, obviously feeling down and lonely without him as he was there for a quarter of her life, living with her mother for most of the time, one day Mina decided it was time to try to leave North Korea, She planned it thanks to external help, however, she had been in debt due so to the plan, thanking the group that helped Mina get out of North Korea. Mina then left her past behind, moving to South Korea firstly living on the streets. She then began to go on a search for small jobs, looking to pay for her debt. After receiving money from the jobs she had worked at, she paid the group that had helped her. As Mina grew until she was 16, she decided to move to Karakura, Japan. Whilst moving to Karakura, she decided to stay as she liked being there, for a while she received therapy from her trauma from her father's death. After a while, when she finished with her therapy, she was finally able to finish studying in college, graduating at age twenty-two and in 2014 at one of the schools out of the city passing with her majors being English, Computer Science, Geography, and Economics, and her minors being Mathematics, History, and Chemistry. Mina decided to have a small retail job for a few years until she was twenty-six, and then shortly after once she turned twenty-eight, she looked for a main job to stay at for more than she would have in her small job. She planned to try to look for a job that is sort of therapy-related for a better opportunity as she enjoyed learning from her own therapy from her past trauma, as she did so she decided to apply to be a counselor in the school nearby her, handing in an application to the school, as she was aiming to hopefully help students to have a brighter future.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
My motivation for joining Karakura High School is because I would love to lend a helping hand to students in need of any kind of personal situation they are in or had been in, even if they are struggling with personal issues, academics, or anything they'd like help processing with. And whilst walking past Karakura High School, I noticed that the school faculty members are very polite and I thought that I would love to join an environment with respectful staff who also enjoy helping students have a brighter future.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
As I believe, not many other citizens are applying to be a Counselor and I feel like I would be a good fit coming to work every day with a positive and professional personality whilst helping out students in need.

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Guidance Counselor at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing School Employee applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
- Thank you for taking the time to fix the response on one of the questions, I look forward to seeing how you roleplay with this role.​

Users who are viewing this thread